Thứ Năm, 31 tháng 1, 2019

Auto news on Youtube Jan 31 2019

Welcome back I'm Mike with QuantumCoat and damn is it cold outside negative 22

I don't know if the cameras focusing on that with the windchill it's negative 50

right now damn that's cold so what we're gonna be doing is just

checking out my Jeep got the thermal camera set up and ready to go just to

show you that it's been sitting since about 7:30 last night it's now seven

thirty eight so it's been twelve hours in the cold and just to show you a cold

start with QuantumCoat okay here is the Jeep let's get the hood opened up

a little frozen there we go

there's the thermal imager

engine is cold everything is cold it's freezing out here alright let's get it started up

turn the key on put it in a neutral

there we go

that's fine

For more infomation >> Jeep Wrangler Cold Start | 40 Degrees Below Zero | QuantumCoat - Duration: 1:52.

-------------------------------------------

2019 DODGE & JEEP "Presidents Day Sale" - Los Angeles, Downey CA - RAM & CHRYSLER - 800.549.1084 - Duration: 0:46.

"Music Playing"

For more infomation >> 2019 DODGE & JEEP "Presidents Day Sale" - Los Angeles, Downey CA - RAM & CHRYSLER - 800.549.1084 - Duration: 0:46.

-------------------------------------------

Jeep "Big Game Blitz" | OneRepublic | "More Than Just Words" - Duration: 2:01.

Oh, say can you see...

O'er the land of the free

and the home of the brave

For more infomation >> Jeep "Big Game Blitz" | OneRepublic | "More Than Just Words" - Duration: 2:01.

-------------------------------------------

Here's Why This Jeep Has a Chevy Engine - Duration: 5:54.

welcome to wacky Wednesday's, where everyone has a chance to show off their

car mods, and here's this week's winner welcome to my 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer,

I bought this 88 Grand Wagoneer on eBay in 2010, the body and the wheels were in

very good condition, no dents and the paint was a fresh single stage

application, the simulated wood trim and side paneling had been replaced, the dash

wasn't cracked but the instrument bezel was, seats and carpet were in good

shape, but some of the leather inserts on the seats were replaced with vinyl, rear

seat and cargo area were complete except for the metal strips on the tailgate and

floor, in the engine compartment some electrical wiring issues were obvious

and the a/c hoses were missing, and the air breather tube was also missing, the

smog pump was not operational and all of the options except the rear window wiper

were on the Jeep, so what kind of engine I had to decide what kind of engine to

put in the Jeep, but eventually I narrowed it down to a generation 4 5.3

liter with a 6l80 automatic transmission I found this one on eBay out of a brand

new 2010 Silverado, there had been a fire in the cab and some of the wiring was

singed, but it was completely repairable it had 6 miles on it, so what did I do to

the Jeep, the first thing was to take the engine transmission and transfer case

out of the Jeep, next I removed the original

motor mounts out of the Jeep and bolted and welded in the new motor mounts, I

needed to patch up this big hole in the firewall, I fabricated this piece of

sheet metal and I riveted it in place, makes a nice backdrop for the dual battery

system, so I got rid of the old battery tray and the old AC mess that used to

run across the fender well, so all of the old holes were weld it up and the dents

were bonded in, on the driver's side I got rid of the old electrical stuff, that

was under the hood and then under the dash as well, I put headers on the new

engine so we dropped it into the Jeep it was ready to go, but I had to build a

new exhaust system using all three of those catalytic converters that came

with it, and I had to relocate some of the O2 sensor ports, so I used heat tape and

heat paint fit right in, I modified the fender well to accept a new battery tray,

I used bondo on the firewall and the battery tray fit right in,

next I started on the air box for the K&N system, I fabricated this piece of

sheet metal, then I had to cut this part of the fender well out to accept the new

box, left a pretty big hole in the fender well it's kind of scary, next I replaced

all the wiring under the hood and I installed this grounding block all

grounds went to a common ground I also replaced all the wiring under the

dash and installed the new air conditioning condenser core as well as a

new radiator and I mounted the new oil cooler and transmission cooler, then I

mounted this electric fan which is controlled by the ECU, we mounted new

springs and shocks under the Jeep there was no rust on this Jeep at all so the

job went fairly fast, I also rebuilt both of the front hubs, new bearings, new

rotors and new brake pads as well, i fabricated a larger heat shield that was

going to go between the new catalytic converters and the new transmission, I

was lucky to find a brand new transfer case an MP 229 just like the one that I

had taken out, a former Jeep dealer had it in his garage, I had new Drive shafts

built as the rear had to be shortened and the front had to be lengthened, and I

replaced all of the u-joints while we were doing this, later on I replaced

both the rear axles due to a vibration and I upgraded the brake shoes, so what's

under the hood everything is fully functional including

all of the emissions systems, so here's the new cold air box

it keeps the filter nice and clean here are the two batteries with a battery

isolator located between them, the wiring is a little messy but I'm working on it,

and the engine sits in there nice and straight, the fan is held in by some

brackets that I made, and this is what my electric mess looks like, but it's proven

to be very reliable on these roads that I live on up here in Northern Virginia, so

what does the interior look like, so I get rid of all the red color, I redid all

the door panels and all of the arm rests replaced all of the simulated wood trim

on the inside, covered the steering wheel in leather as well as the seats and

that center console is from a Ford van and I installed this digital dash that

runs off an obd2, this is the digital heater control with the two controls for

the heated front seats, I installed this large screen radio that also has a lot

of entertainment capabilities, and I have the ECM and the TCM reprogrammed

to accept his tap up tap down shifter and of course it also has a backup

camera capability which comes in handy new mats, new seat belts, and USB charging

stations, front and rear and heated seats in the back too, the back seat folds up and

it's held in place by this elastic band that's completely sound proofed in the

roof and on the floor, and this is the rear passenger control for the heated

seats and the USB charging station, the yellow battery runs this DC converter ,and the

rear seat belts I put in shoulder harnesses which this Jeep did not have

previously, Scotty thanks again for allowing me to feature this Jeep I

really have a lot of fun with it, it's great to drive, thanks for watching,

well that was this week's video and to have your car mod shown on my channel

here check this out, so if you never want to miss another one

of my new car repair videos, remember to ring that Bell!

For more infomation >> Here's Why This Jeep Has a Chevy Engine - Duration: 5:54.

-------------------------------------------

Incredible moment Jeep is engulfed by a fireball after colliding head-on with tractor-trailer - Duration: 7:17.

Aheart-stopping dashboard video taken in New Hampshire last week captured the moment a Jeep driven by an 18-year-old college student crashed head-in into a tractor-trailer and turned into a fireball, nearly killing the driver

Luckily for Keen State College freshman Samuel LaChance, a father and son who were driving directly behind him - and whose minivan was equipped with the dashboard camera - came to his aid and helped save his life

LaChance was driving along Route 101 in Dublin, New Hampshire, at 8.20am on January 22 en route to his college after winter break when for some reason his vehicle drifted into oncoming traffic

John Cramer and his 18-year-old son, Marc, were following LaChance's Jeep and saw the moment the college student's vehicle careened into a Mack truck

The devastating impact caused the tractor-trailer's fuel tank to explode, engulfing the Jeep in flames and sending it spinning into a guardrail

The Cramers said they had no time to break, so their Toyota Sienna ended up driving through a wall of fire and knocking LaChance's burning Jeep out of the center of the fireball, which Marc later called 'a blessing

' 'If it weren't for our vehicle hitting the right front wheel, he would have burned

It was by the grace of God, really,' Cramer told the Monadnock Ledger-Transcript.'If you look at the wreckage, and you look at the video of the Jeep as it was being hit, you just don't see how someone can survive that

' The Cramers flagged down another motorist, restaurateur Nuttapon 'Bank' Promploy, and together the Good Samaritans dashed through the flames to get to LaChance's mangled Jeep

The Cramers, who had some first aid training, kept LaChance's neck stable until paramedics arrived and transported him to Massachusetts General Hospital

LaChance, who majors graphic design at Keen State, was diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury, burns and cuts, a fractured foot, and he had to have his spleen removed, reported the Ledger-Transcript

Since the accident a week ago, the injured student has been transferred from the ICU to the Trauma Recovery Unit

His mother, Jessica, said Samuel has been making major strides on the road to recovery, including brushing his own teeth on Monday, but he still has ways to go

He has no recollection of the crash, she said, but he remembers the names of his family and girlfriend, and is able to talk to them

'Anything right now is a miracle, because he's alive,' said his mom.Samuel is now breathing on his own and has had his chest tube removed, but he is still on a feeding tube

Doctors are also keeping a close watch on brain bleeds and a tear in LaChance's carotid artery, but his mother is hopeful that within a few weeks, they would be able to transfer her son to a rehabilitation facility in Boston

Daniel LaChance, Samuel's father, expressed the depth of his gratitude to the Good Samaritans for putting themselves in harm's way to save his son's life

'I don't think words can describe how grateful I am for their quick actions to put their own lives at risk,' he told the station CBS Boston

The Cramers and Prompoy, who is a married father of two, were not hurt.The driver of the tractor-trailer, 66-year-old Jean Morency escaped with non-life-threatening injuries

Morency told WHDH he has seen the dashcam video of the crash, which he called 'horrific

' It is still unclear why LaChance's Jeep crossed the dividing line into the path of the Mack truck

Samuel's mother has been offering updates on his progress on her Facebook page and promoting the hashtag #SamStrong

Early Wednesday morning, she revealed that her son suffered a momentary setback when he was overcome by panic and fear

'The look in his eyes was of pure terror and shook me to my core,' Jessica LaChance wrote

'I know that this is to be expected.I know he will have moments like this.'I know that he is a miracle and has survived a horror that I can never fully understand

I continue to draw strength and hope that this too shall pass.'I am his momma, I will ride this rollercoaster with him through the terror and love and protect him with all that I have

' A GoFundMe campaign that has been launched to help the LaChance family with Samuel's medical bills so far has drawn more than $3,000

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét