Thứ Ba, 29 tháng 1, 2019

Auto news on Youtube Jan 30 2019

Thanks to the SUV boom, you can now find a utility vehicle for every purse and purpose.

There are very small SUVs for shoppers on a budget.

There are very big SUVs for people without any budget at all.

And a gazillion other SUVs between those two extremes.

But there is one SUV segment with surprising few choices. If you want a mid-size, two-row SUV, your options are limited.

There's the Jeep grand Cherokee, Ford Edge, Nissan Murano, Toyota 4Runner and, well, that's pretty much it.

But that mid-size SUV field is about to expand by one thanks to this, the all-new 2019 Honda Passport.

Before we talk about the new Passport, we should probably discuss the old one.

Introduced in 1993, the first-generation Passport was actually the first Honda SUV sold in the United States.

Well, technically it was an Isuzu SUV with a Honda badge,

but let's not get bogged down with who built what.

Despite a 26-year age gap, this new Passport actually has some things in common with its grandpa.

Like the original Passport, this is a mid-size SUV with two-rows of seating.

It's also power by a V6 engine, and built right here in the good old U.S. of A.

But that's where the similarities stop.

This new Passport is based on Honda's own Pilot instead of Isuzu's Rodeo,

so it has modern unibody construction instead of a truck-derived body-on-frame chassis.

And that switch is something buyers will really appreciate.

With its car-like underpinnings the Passport drives more like a tall station wagon than a traditional SUV.

The ride is comfortable without the kind of giggling you can get from body-on-frame SUVs,

the steering is sharp and direct,

and I'm not in fear of flipping over everytime i go around a corner.

With those kind of on-road manners, you'd figure that the Passport would be useless off-road.

But it isn't.

One reason for that is the Passport's all-wheel drive system.

It's the same torque-vectoring setup you'll find in the Pilot.

And that torque-vectoring bit is important

because it means the system can split power between the wheels with the most grip,

so you can keep on going, even in slippery conditions.

Another key to the Passport's off-roadability is back here.

Or rather not back here.

The Passport is essentially a Pilot with 6-inches cut off from its rear end,

so it has a shorter rear overhang

which translates to a greater departure angle.

In a nutshell, you'll be able to drive your Passport over bigger objects

without worrying about tearing the rear bumper off.

Honda has also raised the Passport's suspension by about an inch compared to the Pilot.

That not only improved ground clearance but also the vehicle's breakover angle

so it can do things like this.

Of course most Passports will be used to commute to work

or to get the kids to soccer practice on time,

so Honda's baked in some practicality and some nice convenience features.

In the front, you'll find plenty of storage space.

There's a spot for wirelessly charging your phone,

a spacious center console,

and then a solid lid that you can stack even more stuff on.

There's also ample room for people in the Passport's front seats.

There's plenty of legroom and I have enough headroom to grow a mohawk.

And this is also available with heated and ventilated seats,

ensuring I stay comfortable not matter the climate.

The second-row bench in the Passport is just as generous

in terms of leg and headroom.

And unlike a lot of SUVs, this rear bench is wide enough to actually fit three people.

There's also a couple of USB ports for keeping your electronics charged up,

heated outboard seats,

and plenty of cupholders for your favorite fizzy drinks.

And without a third-row to get in the way, the Passport has a large cargo area

that's big enough for golf bats or tennis clubs or whatever sporty people use SUVs for.

On the styling front, the Passport is a near carbon copy of the Pilot.

The Passport does have a little bit different grille and lower bumper, but otherwise, they're a really close match.

The rear is close too, but Honda at least re-shaped the taillights

and added this full-width bar to the tailgate.

The Passport also lifts most of its tech from the Pilot.

Every model comes standard with a touchscreen infotainment system

that can run Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

And high-end trims also get a digital dash.

The Honda Sensing safety suite is standard across all Passport models

and includes things like adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist.

All Passport models are powered by a 3.5L V6 with 280 horsepower.

The only transmission of offer is a nine-speed automatic.

Combined fuel economy for all-wheel drive models is 21mpg, which is about average for the class.

Pricing is also what you'd expect for the segment.

The entry-level Sport model costs just under $32,000.

And a fully-loaded Elite model, like this one here, cost you just under $44,000.

So there it is, the all-new 2019 Honda Passport, a brand new SUV that's a throwback to Honda's past.

Even though this is essentially just a Pilot without a third row, I think it's a smart move on Honda's part.

There are a lot of small families or empty nesters that don't necessarily need a third-row

but want a vehicle that's a little bit bigger and a little bit nicer than a CR-V

and I think this Passport perfectly fits the bill.

For more infomation >> The 2019 Passport isn't Honda's first rodeo - Duration: 4:47.

-------------------------------------------

2018 Honda CR-V EX-L: Casey on Cars - Duration: 10:10.

I have a confession to make.

This is actually the second time I've recorded most of the footage

for this episode of "Casey on Cars".

You see, I started by judging this car the way I would typically judge a car;

the way I have for most of the cars in the past.

Is it fast? Is it luxurious?

Does it handle well? Et cetera.

And, the truth of the matter is, this car solves different problems.

This car answers the question — not unlike the Stelvio back in January —

"Hey, I've got a growing family, and I want

something to cart that family around,

and I want to do so not necessarily in a stylish way,

or in a fancy way,

I just want to do so efficiently,

and I want to do so cheaply.

So, what do I buy?"

Well, this is one of the answers to that question.

This is the 2018 Honda CR-V EX-L.

Now that's a mouthful; but what does that really mean?

It means it's this entire car — which is well loaded with

automated cruise control, lane keeping aids, CarPlay, Android Auto, et cetera.

And all of that for under $30,000.

The truth of the matter is, the CR-V may be the best 80% car I've ever driven.

It gets you 80% of the way to great...

but it never *quite* gets there.

Let me tell you why.

[vroom]

[VROOM]

So I feel like I have to make a disclaimer about the Honda CR-V.

It's a very nice car — there's no question about it.

It does everything I ask of it, at least reasonably well.

It was not a tremendous amount of money

and, it's nice!

The disclaimer, though, is that this is not the sort of car that

I, personally, would generally like.

It... doesn't really *excel* in any one particular thing.

Truly, nothing in this car is displeasing.

But, I can't say that I've found anything in the car that makes me go

OOOOH!

Maybe that's an indictment of me, and not an indictment of the car at all —

certainly the CR-V is an extraordinarily popular car.

But... I just want that...

...that little *something*...

...that makes me feel like

"Okay, I understand you, and you make sense."

I just haven't found it.

This particular car, it is a turbocharged four cylinder, but...

...it doesn't really move with any particular quickness.

Again, it's not really a bad thing; it's not a performance car.

But, even my wife's XC90, if you really ask it to move, it'll get out of its own way.

Where as this thing... not really.

So here we are in a parking garage, where it's a little easier to see the dashboard.

And let me give you an example of this CVT transmission.

I'm going to take off with no particular quickness, and

I'm going to try to keep my foot at about the same throttle input.

And you'll notice that the RPMs might move a little,

but the speed will keep climbing while the revolutions per minute stay about the same.

So let's look.

[Engine revs]

So I'm hovering at about 2000 RPM... a little less...

And now I'm doing 20.

But I was at roughly 1500 - 2000 RPM the whole time.

It's just very very peculiar.

I don't really understand why everyone seems so upset about it.

But... it's certainly not my preference of transmission.

The cockpit of the CR-V is fine.

One of the things I find interesting about it, though,

is that you can see the flared-out rear brake lights... from the rear-view mirror.

Which I thought was kind of funny; you can see it right there.

One thing I do like is how you can see the kind of aggressive haunches of the car from inside the car.

It makes it look a lot more aggressive than you'd otherwise think it is.

I do like that the center of the digital dash is... digital.

It's a display rather than just gauges.

I do think it's a bit busy.

I would prefer if... maybe it looked slightly more traditional.

It's weird to me that you have this big mile-per-hour or speed meter just... in the center

with little-to-no differentiation from any data around it.

The center display, I'm... not a big fan of.

Everything just seems so harsh, and so cluttered.

There's so much text here, with little differentiation between font size, or font face.

It's hard to tell what's important, and what isn't.

If you go through the rest of the menu system, it's... fine.

I mean, it does what you would want it to do.

This particular model does not have navigation, which is... odd... but... fine.

The CarPlay support is good; I can't demonstrate it because I'm filming using my iPhone, but it's good!

The switchgear in the car is pretty good, all told.

The temperature control is ever-so-slightly mushier than I prefer, but is mostly fine.

Similarly, the turn signal stalk is clunkier than I would prefer.

Overall, the interior of the CR-V was spacious but not cavernous, and just generally speaking, pretty nice inside.

One of the subtle touches I do like on this car is the way in which

it encourages you to drive in an eco-friendly way.

At the top of the instrument cluster — above the tachometer —

there's a green bar when you're driving efficiently, that disappears when you're driving inefficiently.

And as you lay off the gas, it gets brighter, and comes back and says

"Good job! You're green."

There's nothing in your face about it; it's just kinda there.

And, I can't think of a better implementation of a subtle way of saying "Please drive responsibly."

There's nothing about the CR-V that says "I'm cheap", but there's also nothing about the CR-V

that says "This is fancier than what you've paid for".

This is exactly what you pay for.

One of the weird things about the CR-V is how unbelievably chatty it is.

It seems to beep for any reason whatsoever.

Watch what happens when I get out of the car.

So as I get out and walk away, you'll hear a weird beep for no reason, then you'll hear it lock.

There's the no reason beep.

And as I walk away...

[beep]

then it locks.

Okay, the locking I can get behind; I actually kind of like that it locks automatically when you leave.

Then, as I walk up and grab the handle,

[beep] ..beep to unlock. That makes sense.

Then if I come around to the back,

[beep] I don't know why you need to beep

when I've hit the button that says "Open the trunk".

Which, it is a nice powered liftgate, which I do like.

Then I hit the button [beep] to close it; lots of beeps for that too.

The thing is that, all of the beeps sound exactly the same.

Some of them are a little bit longer than others, but there's never a change...

[beep] There's never a change in tone.

If you try to drive off the road, the lane keeping assist just says "beep" on the inside;

it sounds exactly the same.

It's very very weird, and very very chatty, and honestly, a little bit frustrating.

I'm sure, to some degree, you can go through the menus, and maybe fix some of this.

But, I'm judging this on its default behavior, and its default behavior is really chatty, and that's really anno...

[beep]

...really annoying.

This is going to sound utterly ridiculous, but I *love* the backup camera in the CR-V.

I'm going to back into a parking spot, and check this out.

As I go into reverse, I have a normal backup camera; this is not that particularly exciting.

And I can back up into my spot; maybe I just want to tuck in really really tight

against that piece of wood there.

Well, I can adjust the camera a little bit, and get a little bit better view,

but check this out.

This is like a top-down view to ensure.. that I get it...

just right.

How awesome is that?!

As always, I brought the car to a lift, to see what was going on underneath of it.

In this particular case, this CR-V was *not* all-wheel-drive, but instead was front-wheel-drive only.

That was a little bit surprising to me, as I didn't even realize you *could* get a CR-V

that was front-wheel-drive only.

Otherwise, though, it was mostly unremarkable underneath.

If I were to summarize the CR-V, it's an 80% car.

It's 80% of the way to quick.

It's 80% of the way to having really nice switchgear.

It's 80% of the way to a nice digital dash.

It's 80% of the way... eh... maybe 50% of the way... to a nice infotainment system.

Just, something about it, it just never quite gets there.

Maybe it's because it's not a luxury car; I'm not doing it justice, and I'm comparing it unfairly.

But nevertheless, I just, I keep coming back to,

this isn't far away from the same feeling I have

in the XC90, like the one that happens to be in front of me right now.

It's so frustrating! Because it never quite gets there.

It's just... all of it... is just so close, and just never quite sticks the landing.

And that's what's so frustrating about it.

But, to be fair, for under $30,000 MSRP, it is hard to argue with it.

It's got all the advanced features that you would want of a car that's maybe $5- to $10,000 more money.

And yet, it's not that terribly expensive, and it does everything reasonably well.

It's hard not to like the car, even the weird continuously variable transmission,

Which never quite felt *normal* to me, but never really *bothered* me either.

Aside from the fact that I think it's the chattiest car I've ever driven,

it's a really nice ride.

And if you're in the market for a small SUV, to cart around a family of 3 or 4,

it's hard to go wrong.

You should at least check out the 2018 Honda CR-V.

As always, thanks for watching.

For more infomation >> 2018 Honda CR-V EX-L: Casey on Cars - Duration: 10:10.

-------------------------------------------

2019 Honda Passport - First Drive - Duration: 6:59.

This is the Honda Passport and I'm in one of the most beautiful and

awe-inspiring places on the planet to drive it. Hey, yo, camera guy, I know

there's no lot to be distracted by, but let's stay focused.

While there are some similarities between the Pilot and the Passport there

are a lot of differences too. The Passport is six inches shorter. It rides an inch

higher, so you have better ground clearance, and it is an inch wider. The

angle of the rear windshield is a little bit steeper. It rides on 20-inch wheels,

those come standard on all trims, and I hope we hadn't been in so much mud then

you maybe you'd be able to see those. All of the sheet metal is different and the

front fascia is completely redesigned and a little bit more rugged. Again if we

hadn't been having so much fun you probably would be able to see all of

these things, but sorry. Yeah okay, I'm not sorry.

Inside the 2019 Honda Passport feels capacious. Second road leg and headroom

are good. Let's call the Passport a bit of a tweener, bigger than the compacts,

smaller than the big boys, which could give it an advantage for anyone looking

for more size but not needing three rows. So the interior of the Passport looks a

little bit like the Pilot. The same infotainment system, everything looks a

little bit familiar. Hey wireless charging! But there is something really

cool and different that I want to show you, but it's back here. I'm sure there's

some sort of like foot, hey, hey we're back here. I know that's way better

looking but the storage back here, it's pretty cool. There's over two cubic feet

underneath in the basement here, and there's this really cool insert that's

plastic. You can remove it if it gets muddy and dirty like clearly we are

today. It also gives you better access to the spare.

Honda Sensing, Honda's extensive suite of safety features comes standard across

all trims. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are available on all trims but the base

Sport model. That includes the upgraded EX-L, a high-tech Touring trim and finally

the fully equipped Elite. All models except the line topping Elite can be

configured with two or all-wheel drive and that's just because on the Elite

all-wheel drive comes standard. This spacious reinforced unibody SUV comes

with only one powertrain a direct-injected 3.5-liter V-6.

Here in Moab, Utah there's some of the best off-road driving on the planet. Now

the Passport isn't gonna be doing crazy stuff like on Poison Spider Trail, but it

does come with a pretty sophisticated torque vectoring system as well as a an

intelligent traction management system, and there are four modes, normal, mud snow,

and sand. Now we're in mud right now because it has been raining and snowing

here in Utah, and it's actually getting some nice grip. This mode sends about 70-

percent of the power to the rear wheels, so you get a lot of nice traction and

grip, and it's doing a great job.

Honda believes in the capability of their SUVs so much that they entered the

Pilot in a ten-day, 2,000 kilometer off-road navigation competition called

the Rebelle Rally. If that longer-wheelbase crossover could pull off some pretty

extreme stuff just think of what a shorter version with better approach and

departure angles could do. Hmmmm maybe you need a driver next year Honda? If you put

an all-terrain tire with more sidewall on the Passport I bet it would be a lot

more capable of doing some more significant off-roading than even what

we're doing here. You know these vehicles they certainly are able to do a lot more

stuff than most people buying them ask of them.

We have rocks! Even on the slick rock here the rear

wheels might slip a little initially, but once that traction kicks in back there

it almost feels like the passports got a rear locker.

Maybe it's the closest you can get. As for how it drives on the road, I think

that Honda's done a really nice job translating what was a sort of a

family-style SUV Pilot into a more sporty SUV with the Passport. The 20-inch

wheels sort of have a tendency to kind of make

for a little bit of a harsher ride, but they've done a nice job retuning the

suspension, so it's really smooth and comfortable. The steering is good. It's

precise so you're nice and quick around turn. Your inputs are really quickly

translatable, and the transmission is nice and smooth as well.

Now the ratios, how the gearing works is different in every mode that you're

in, but the nine speed transmission really delivers power quite equally, so

off-road capable on-road comfortable. Nice job, Honda.

The Passport also has a towing capacity of 3,500 pounds but that is upgradeable

to 5,000 pounds with an optional towing package and all-wheel drive. Expect both

of those to cost extra. Other than trailers there are plenty of

additional goodies you can hitch onto the Passport depending on trim including

a power tailgate with available hands-free operation, moonroof, heated

steering wheel, wireless phone charging, navigation, and premium audio. Pricing

starts at $33,025 for the Sport trim including destination charges. The Elite

trim with all-wheel drive starts at $44,725

EPA estimates are where we'd expect, and you won't

experience a massive penalty with that killer all-wheel drive system.

Honda's made a great-looking two-row SUV that's full of safety and tech, that

comes with Honda's amazing cost to own pedigree, and is incredibly fun to drive

off-road. If you're traveling anywhere, don't forget your Passport. Okay not this

one, that one! Okay now you can look around! It's so beautiful I can't even

believe it!

For more infomation >> 2019 Honda Passport - First Drive - Duration: 6:59.

-------------------------------------------

2019 Honda Passport | Balancing Comfort and Off-Road Capability | First Drive Review - Duration: 9:57.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

TRAVIS LANGNESS: This is the all new Honda Passport.

And if you're wondering why it's covered in mud,

it's because we're in Moab, Utah testing it on and off road.

Honda feels that this is a more off-road capable version

of a two-row SUV that is also friendly for the city.

And it's based on their longer Pilot, but since it's shorter,

it's got better departure angle.

And since it's higher off the ground,

it's got a better breakover angle and a better approach

angle.

Does this Passport have what it takes to dominate

in the midsize segment?

We're going to show you what it's

like when it goes off road, and we're

going to tell you all about on-road comfort.

Before we do that, though, be sure to subscribe

to our YouTube channel for more video like this and to go

to Edmunds.com/RoadNoise for more.

Let's take a closer look at the outside.

If you look at the front of the passport,

you'll see a bit more plastic cladding.

The headlights, the hood, and most of the sheet metal

is the same as the Pilot that it's based on,

but Honda wanted to set it apart and make it a little more

rugged-looking or aggressive.

Then on the side--

20-inch wheels.

You get those from the base up.

Every single trim level has them.

I'd prefer to have a little bit smaller wheel and more

sidewall, but we'll get into the comfort details of that later.

And up top, Honda has given it sturdier roof rails

with more space in between so you have more room

to tie a rope, tie your stuff down.

So one of the things about this trim level, the elite,

is the Passport has-- if I have the key in my pocket--

a little kick under, and open the rear tailgate.

Nope.

It's just not sensing my foot.

It's probably my fault. Doing a little off-roading earlier

and got mud under there.

Anyhow, power lift tailgate.

And what you've got here is a pretty big cargo space.

It's over 41 cubic feet of cargo.

And they've got some cool storage solutions in here.

Big bin down here that you can put your muddy gear in.

And this whole bin lifts out.

It can be cleaned, as well as these smaller plastic bins

here if you just want to put a pair of shoes,

if you don't have a lot of stuff.

And then this folds up even further

to reveal an extra cargo space here.

And the spare tire is here, but it doesn't take up

the center of the space.

This is a really big part of what

Honda does is make smart storage solutions,

just like we'll look at in the cabin later.

And then this folds down, and these two power buttons here

fold down, the 60-40 rear folding seat.

And you've got an area definitely long enough

to sleep in if you're going on a long trip.

But if you just need it, this is big enough for cargo too.

So let's take a look at the front of the cab

and see what that's like.

So what we've got in here is a pretty typical Honda interior.

And that's not to say that it's bad.

It's just really familiar.

It looks a lot like the Pilot and the Ridgeline.

Same stuff up here.

You've got some piano black trim that

feels a little bit too plasticy to the touch

and gets dusty kind of easy.

But the screen is nice and crisp and clear.

There's good navigation instructions.

That Apple CarPlay, Android Auto--

that's all standard on this, the top trim level, the elite.

The only trim level you don't get Apple CarPlay on

is the base trim level.

And then you've got the nice climate

controls down here, heated seats, ventilated seats,

good cup holders, USB here, USB here, power outlet,

and a good steering wheel, heated steering wheel

on this trim level.

And you've got some nice buttons for your thumbs, things

to turn up the volume, adaptive cruise control.

Everything feels at an arm's reach.

It's a nice interior.

It's a nice place to be.

And you're going to do well on a road trip.

You're going to be comfortable in here.

Like the front seat, the back seat of this Honda

is really comfortable.

Plenty of space, even though you've got big boots on,

lots of headroom, cup holders, everywhere good arm rests.

These seats also recline so you can get comfortable

on a road trip.

And the outboard seats are heated,

plus there's two USB ports and a two-prong plug

for anybody in the back seat.

And you've got the 60-40 split.

So if you have a long item in the trunk,

you can still have someone sitting in the back seat.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

So what's the new Passport like to drive?

Well, it's a lot like the Pilot that it's based on.

It's got the 3.5-liter V6 with 280 horsepower,

the nine-speed automatic that's been updated for 2019.

It's got smooth shifts.

And actually, you can start out in second gear

if you don't just [? wood the ?] throttle from the get go.

So it makes things not as jerky from the start

as maybe previous years of the Pilot were.

It's also good steering.

That's one of the benefits of this Passport

is they've tuned the steering to be a little bit sharper

on the turn in.

Now, it's not a sports car, but this definitely feels

more accurate on the road and like it handles better

than something like a body on frame SUV that's

got all that weight to throw it out of line.

And also, the independent suspension on this

just feels good going along the road.

The bumps make it into the cabin, yes, and some of that

is the 20-inch wheels.

But they're mostly absorbed.

And when you do hit a big bump, there's

not a lot of undulation that happens.

This feels like a pretty sharp vehicle,

which is not necessarily something

it shares with the Pilot.

In that segment, the CX9 is a little bit sharper,

and the Pilot is a little bit softer.

This, though, has stiffer springs and stiffer suspension

in general, and it feels a little bit sportier.

And I even had to ask the Honda engineers

if they made that exhaust note any different.

They said, no, the exhaust is a little bit shorter

because the car is shorter, but we didn't change anything

about the way it sounds.

But this definitely feels like a little bit more

performance-oriented vehicle.

And I think that some of that comes down

to the revised suspension.

Even if it is higher off the ground,

it still feels pretty sharp and pretty flat

going in and out of corners.

Sure, with the 20-inch wheels, you

do get a little bit bumpier ride, especially over ruts.

But out here in Moab on these smooth highways,

you barely notice it at all.

You can cruise for hours.

These seats are great.

These armrests are good.

Lots of good comfort spots, especially

on the sides here of the doors where

it matters, where your knee rests for long periods of time.

And you've got lots of good driver aids.

Every Passport comes with the Honda sensing

suite of safety aides.

And on different trim levels, that means different things.

But on this, the elite all wheel drive trim level,

you get things like adaptive cruise control, blind spot

monitoring.

You get a rear view camera as standard on this car,

and it's pretty good as well.

But those driver aides, like the adaptive cruise,

aren't too sensitive.

Sure, if I had it my way, I could follow a little bit

closer on the freeway.

But at that point, just take over and drive yourself.

The blind spot monitoring is good.

The rear view camera is clear and crisp.

And really, what you're getting here

is a technology-packed car for a pretty competitive price

up against other cars that have the same features.

What this does is give Honda a leg up

in a segment where they weren't competing at all before.

There was no midsize, two-row crossover from Honda.

And this really does catapult directly

to the front of the class.

The interior quality, the ride quality,

the lack of noise in here-- it's really

a pretty serene environment.

So now that we've done a bunch of on-road driving,

let's take it off road.

Now, while this isn't a Trailhawk, Grand Cherokee,

or a 4Runner.

It's not body on frame, like a lot of the other stuff

that you might expect to see off road.

It does have some capability.

The Honda All Wheel Drive system has multiple drive modes.

It can be driven in mud, snow, ice.

And that's what we're on right now-- mud, snow, and ice.

If you want a rock crawler, this probably

isn't the vehicle for you.

Forget probably.

This isn't the vehicle for you.

Yeah, sure, it's got improved approach and departure angles.

But if you're like me, and most of what you do is driving

on road to get to beautiful places like this--

national parks around the country with great views

of the mountains and places to camp--

this is a great option.

It's really comfortable on the road getting there.

And even when you get off road, the fact

that this has independent suspension

means that the bumps aren't going

to jostle you around as much.

We did a test a few weeks back with the 4Runner and a Subaru

Forester, and it's still my contention

that I would rather have the more comfortable

of those two vehicles than the more hardcore off-roader.

That's just my preference.

Now, there are a couple of things to consider.

It doesn't really have four-wheel drive.

It's not the same as a truck.

It's got an all-wheel drive system

that's based on front drive.

But Honda says that up to 70% of the power

can be sent to the rear.

And when you send that power to the rear,

it can be transferred fully from left

to right, 100% on either side.

What that means is you're going to get more

traction through a corner, you're going to get less slip,

and basically, you're going to have a better

time when you go off-roading.

Now, we're on a bunch of snow and ice out here,

and things seem like they're hairy,

but the Honda is handling it fine.

Like I said earlier, it's not going

to be a crazy, 38-degree angle crawler.

You're not going to be going over giant boulders

with massive articulation.

But for stuff that you'd be a little too scared to go out

on in the two-wheel drive family sedan,

this Passport has got what it takes.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

It's muddy, it's mangled, and it puts

a big old smile on my face.

We asked earlier if this could catapult its way

to the top of the midsize segment,

and the answer is a clear yes.

This is a comfortable, quiet, and spacious two-road

crossover, but it's also off-road friendly.

It's got the looks, and it's got what it takes to back it up.

This, for me, is immediately one of the top two-row

SUVs on the market.

So for more videos like this, to check out all its competitors,

be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel

or go to Edmunds.com for more information.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét