Thứ Tư, 27 tháng 6, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Jun 28 2018

Hey guys I'm Jaymes with the Dime City garage. Today we're here with our very own Norton and a gorgeous CB550.

Norton how are you doing? Good Jaymes thanks a lot buddy, appreciate it.

Norton not only heads up our customer service

and technical service departments he's also got some restoration superpowers.

Norton this is clearly not your ordinary garden variety CB550. No, it's not, no it's not.

Can you tell us about the provenance of the bike, where did you get it?

Well this actually started out as a concept from a friend of mine, his name is Jerry Carrboro,

he lives down in south Florida and he contacted me,

and he was very interested in creating a Cafe bike that was pretty unique.

He gave me some pretty lenient limits, he said just go for it, try to create something completely different.

So, actually this is what we created. Carte blanche on a build that doesn't happen too often.

No, it doesn't, it was pretty nice.

Let's start with the heart of the beast here the engine, that's clearly no rattle can wrinkle job man,

tell us a little about the motor.

It's funny that you mention that the fact that motor came to us It was sprayed with wrinkle finish paint I mean the

entire thing, the carburetors, exhaust, valve covers, everything,

the whole thing was wrinkled so of course the motor came out of the frame immediately

and went down to just a bare carcass we took completely all the way down and I had it vapor honed

and it was completely put back together and powder coated black.

I'm looking at these carbs and they certainly look like stock carbs,

but they also look brand new man how did you pull that off?

You know what, it's amazing these are stock carburetors they've been completely reconditioned.

With the technology we've got nowadays we have vapor honing which really makes a big difference on aluminum bodies

but the other aspect of it is all the linkage it's all been recreated we actually have chrome plated caps

and plated float bowls.

If my eyes aren't deceiving me, it looks like a pretty sweet set of a gold cap Steel Dragon velocity stacks.

Don't they fit this bike really well? Dude that's mean, man it looks great!

The longer I'm staring at this thing the more stuff I'm picking out and I'm having a hard time finding any tabs

or welds or anything on this frame. How did you get that so smooth man?

Well you know it's funny Jaymes, we pulled that motor

and we thought oh this is going to be crazy so what I did was we wanted to take this to the very limits man so motor

came out that was done completely stripped apart put back together all top-end everything worked on we had a frame to contend with

and we said you know we're going to this beautiful motor let's just clean this frame up so all the welds have all

been blended and polished all the tabs have been cut off that's not needed

and you can see we ended up with a nice blended frame. It's gorgeous man you guys really pull that one out. Thank you.

I'm looking around and correct me if I'm wrong Norton I haven't been around quite that long

but I'm pretty sure the CB550 didn't come with big giant Brembo's. What's the story up front here man?

That's a funny story.

What's happened here is the original forks on this the bike did come with the dual discs

and what we wanted to do is we wanted to sort of incorporate something little bit more magical with this thing

and we're fortunate enough to be able to find Suzuki GSX-R 2015 front end

and through the help of All Balls ball bearings we were able to convert the entire front end to the Honda frame.

And you can see it just blended right in it's just like magic, we love it.

So, you went the full boat and made a bike that was fast and able to stop? Yes, actually it does stop.

That's a trick that a lot of people forget about man you can make something super-fast

but if you don't have the tires and brakes the haul it down you might need a new pair of shorts.

That was another aspiration for those Brembo brakes can't beat'em.. This thing is clearly super clean what in the world did you do with all the turn signals and wiring and gauges and..

You know we tried to keep this this bike as clean as we possibly could.

I mean you can see, every aspect of the bike, everything's nice and tight and clean and it's got a short wheelbase

and we just wanted to keep things tight man so what we decided to do is we're going to try to keep this wiring as

hidden as possible you know we still have all the instrumentation on this bike but it's all concealed.

So actually, what we've done is we used the Motogadget, we took their components, the complete wiring harness,

we took the old harness completely apart,

and started completely fresh with a brand-new harness that we got from Motogadget, all the components

and everything is all hidden. Those guys make some really sweet kit.

It does, and it incorporates all the LED components along with it so that's what makes it so nice.

Nice, so you don't have to try to tuck in forty resistors everywhere you know.

No, the m-Unit is really nice, it's something new a lot of people are starting get into it

and it's something that's going to be the future. That's awesome!

So, we've got the conversion kit up front we've got the gold theme,

I'm detecting a little bit of Gold Flake in the Honda emblem?

That was another aspect we had to touch on you know we have this nice satin black fuel tank

and we wanted to keep this gold theme and the only idea that we could come up with,

there was nothing on the market that we could actually purchase so we actually had a gentleman here in the area that

does hand painting, and this is all hand done it's a golden paint.

It's beautiful man I really like the way that you kept the theme going with gold from front to back.

I can't help but admire the beautiful piggyback reservoir Ohlin's out back.

It's all about suspension Jaymes's, it's all about suspension.

You know this thing does get up and go and we did stop but it handles really, really, well.

So, you got the full package here man. Yeah man, we're very lucky to have this bike!

So, let me ask you Norton, does this thing run? Yes, it does, it does its job!

What do you say we fire it up man and take for a ride? Let's do that man, that would be great.

Sweet man let's get it.

For more infomation >> Honda 1976 CB550 Restoration - Builder Interview - Dime City Cycles Garage - Duration: 6:51.

-------------------------------------------

The REVEAL Of Two Legendary Motorcycles.. | Honda Monkey & Super Cub | 2018 Smoky Mountain Crawl - Duration: 9:05.

Guys I think we have a hitchhiker

What are you doing? He's literally laying down and won't get up. He's mad

People gonna miss you. Maybe he'll come next year

Well guys today is the day I was up till like 4:00 in the morning last night

So I got like three hours of sleep, but it's all good. We're ready to roll

Just need to load the bikes up and then hit the road. Let's dude it first time using these ramps

That's how big it folds out to it's pretty nice

Notes itself guys make sure it's dry out. I should have pulled up in the gravel, but that could've been bad

All right guys got it all loaded up we're good to go

We're gonna go get some gas and then hit the road somebody decided

It was a good idea leave their phone on the roof of the truck

If you

Moments later. Well guys, we're not even an hour into the trip yet

We're already dead stopped almost rear-ended a semi truck had to put it in the hay field over here. We missed our first exit

And it's 11 o'clock, and we probably should have left a lot earlier, but we'll get there

I'll check back in with you guys when there's something worth checking in about

We're doing it grabbing through Cincinnati

All right got about four hours left a little bit longer Cincinnati is booming

Their drivers are crazy. Yeah, they really are beautiful say

Guess what what boom I beat you in the Kentucky dude the truck?

Don't be doing 90 mile-an-hour and filming I'll see it a bit

Are you trying to do I'm trying to sleep

Tropic

What in the heck happened over here say no to drugs say no to drugs do wheelies instead

Guys, we just came across the Grom and a ruckus

Don't see out there man, leave the way it turns to y'all just to be your man

We made it guys we are approaching the Smoky Mountain it's a really good Drive

Actually, how does not once for gas so that's pretty good

Well guys we've made it to the crawl is extremely hot out here love the place that we're staying at

We got a few last-minute things to do to the Grom

I'm gonna go ahead and change out the her sticker to the pink

As well as this one to match the Grom that she already has

Shut up, my boy decal dyno for hooking that up

See if we can do this like a heat gun. Probably don't even need it. These have been in the Sun so long

The tip of the wing right there very

Good

Let's do it we made it baby 20:18 Smoky Mountain Carl fresh sprocket fresh chain

And we're already here from the hotel that's pretty awesome see if I can bust a wheelie for the main entrance

Oh, this is the wrong spot

Gotcha, I'm in desperate need of a 12-bar so I can do that

What's happen not very friendly that guy's on a two-stroke dirt bike

Well, we thought that was the event place, but that's tomorrow so I gotta say though guys I really love this town so far

It's really got a nice feel to it

It's all of them

This is pretty incredible I hear what you guys do with your bikes and

The culture you can create was just it's fantastic

So it's great to come see I know there's a lot of rumors out there about what we're going to show you so we'll see

If those rumors are true, but first I want to give a big thanks to Greg and Kevin with man in the box

Hey, thank you everybody for coming out

The support has just been overwhelming for Greg. I love your stuff

you know for supporting this man supporting us and

They conduct those rings as well

embracing what we're doing here so big thank you is a

Choosing this event to reveal these bikes. So mom has been making small bikes for a long time

You've been in this country since 1959 and we got our start making small bikes along the way the small bike kinda

Got lost the beginner bike and so it's kind of a reset right now

There's a lot of small bikes out there, which is really fantastic to see you know

What the Grom? There's a lot of other competitors coming in

That's fantastic because it just elevates the whole the whole sport brings new people in so it creates competition

It's really fantastic

It really takes on a heritage of the old but underneath you have a completely modern motorcycle

It's a one 5-cc

Fuel-injected it takes you know, what is kind of the Honda's core heritage and brings it into the modern area

so this next bike actually started off as an amusement park ride in Japan and

it came in popularity so much they put lights on it and

Then we brought it to the US and it was even you know

Grew many more popular - anybody can ride it it was small enough to put in your car and held it down

It really kind of became this iconic

Minibike. We really wanted to celebrate on his heritage

We've seen what the gong has become and I think that this is couldn't be any more perfect time to show off this bike. So

So as you can see similar with what we did what you thought

We kept the original soul of the lumpier

You know metal tain I fenders you have

all the chrome on it, but the DualShock, but then at the same time we kind of gave it the

Modern feel so it was a 125cc engine. Basically the same thing that you have on the wrong and

Dispraise off the lady ass but still keeps going back. You got the DualShock. So it's still the retro feel and retro style

For more infomation >> The REVEAL Of Two Legendary Motorcycles.. | Honda Monkey & Super Cub | 2018 Smoky Mountain Crawl - Duration: 9:05.

-------------------------------------------

New Honda CB250R 2018 USD 5,700 Sold In South East Asia | Mich Motorcycle - Duration: 2:06.

For more infomation >> New Honda CB250R 2018 USD 5,700 Sold In South East Asia | Mich Motorcycle - Duration: 2:06.

-------------------------------------------

Speciale Honda DCT: prova totale, dalla città al fuoristrada! [ENGLISH SUB] - Duration: 21:34.

Hey everyone! Today we will be talkng about the Dual Clutch Technology automated transmission made by Honda

It has made its debut in 2010 onthe powerful Honda VFR 1200 F and now, 8 years from then, it's available on many different models

such as the X-ADV, Honda Cross Tourer, Integra and GoldWing,meaning that the DCT is both suitable for a city use, tourism and off road

forget about the Continuously variable transmission bad feel, this is a real mechanical 6 gears shift

which uses a double primary coaxial shaft and a dual clutch. Everything is magaed electronically

this allows to have a very fast and smooth shifting

Let's take a closer look at this DCT shift

1st of all there aren't the clutch lever and the shift pedal, but the rider is still in control of the shifting

There are 2 fully automatic modes: Drive and Sport. Drive is perfect for relaxedriding, allowing to have a smooth shifting and to save on some fuel

Sport mode increases the RPM range when shifting and it's suitable for twisty roads

Then there's a manual shifting mode, it's called Manual and you can select it from the right switch, allowing the rider to shift from the paddles on the left switch

with your thumb you can downshift, while you can up shift with your index

together with the Ride by wire technology, tthis system is amazing in town, on twisty roads and when riding off road

Let's take a look at the different models that are equipped with DCT

NC 750, Integra, Cross Tourer, Africa Twin and Africa Twin Adventure Sport and we will use this last one to see how the DCT behaves

It might seem hard to explain, but the DCT is extremely easy to use, you just need one finger

I'm on nutral, I turn it on, I engage the 1st gear and let's go!

I'm now riding in town wih this Honda Africa Twin DCT 2018

I'm on Drive Mode, it's very easy, I've turned the bike on from Neutral and I've put on Drive, it's all automatic and right now it's very smooth

I'm riding at 55kph, at 2,000 RPM and I'm already using the 5th gear

So, it's extremely smooth with a very low fuel consumption

The shift is very fast, I've passed from 5th to 3rd gear very fast and, when I stop, I don't have to downshift since the bike does it by itself

with the right switch I can go on Sprt mode, which is still automatic, but it's sportier, shifting at an higher rage of RPM

Sport mode has 3 different set ups. I'm now on S1, which is the less sporty among the 3, If I click on the DS button, I switch to S2, which is a bit readier

but the clutch is still so smooth that this bike is easy to ride even in the traffic

When I get to a roundabout like this one, I can downshift from the paddle, even if I'm riding in Drive

engines over 1,000 cc, equipped with Ride by Wire, have a double clutching system

On manual I can ride up to the limiter, but you can't make crazy downshifting, allowing to preserve the shift and the engine

On top of that, when you arrive at the stop light in 5th gear, the bike will downshift by itself

another ting I like about the DC it that you can forget about thatbad noise whn you put the bike in 1st gear at the stop light. This one is very quiet

Let's hit the highway and then some twisty road!

On the highway we've appreciated the fast shift when we had to take over someone and the fuel consumption decreases by 0.5l/100km

Let's now go rideo on a mountain pass

Here we are on twisty roads, Im riding in drive but I'll switch on Sport, it has a great stretch, I'm at 6,000 RPM in 2nd gear

when cornering the bike understands what is going on and it doesn't shift

It can be set up on 3 different levels and if I keep pushed the DS button I can skip to S1 which is a bit less powerful

a smart thing about the DCT is that I can use the paddles even when I'm on drive so that I have always control over the gears, then if I don't use the paddles anymore, the system kicks back in

If you shut the throlle, with the right switch, you can switch tu Manual mode

Right now I have a real manual shift that, instead of having a pedal, has two paddles and I can keep the gear up to the rev limiter

the 95 hp make it go fast

The sporty soul of this bike is enhanced by the fast shifting, you can't make mistakes that might damage the engine, it's extremely sporty

I'm in 5th gear at 2,500 RPM and it doesn't downshift by itself, just like a traditional shift but if I brake hard, in case of an emergency, it downshifts by itself

I can even shift while leaning without any problem

Honda has done a great job on this DCT and the clutch is perfect, even when riding very slowly, in the traffic

I'm on Sport but now I'll switch to Drive riding mode, which is the fully automatic one, since I have a passenger and it makes the riding much smoother, perfect for when riding loaded

even when riding with a passenger, on narrow turns, you don't risk to turn the bike off

here we are with our passenger, Marcello Romano, whose nickname is Bulldozer, what's your weight? 120 kg

He's a greatrider in the off road, what do you think about the DCT off road?

I really like it compared to the standard shift since i can just focus on the riding

he's a real expert and he has some students that can switch from the standard shift to the DCT, what do they say?

At first they're all curios, later on they understandhow it works and they appreciate it, saying they have more fun with it

Let's go try it off road!

After the twisty roads, we'll now test the DCT off road. I stop, I turn off the ABS at the rear, I use the G button which makes the clutch work earlier, useful for the grip

then I choose the shift mode, manual, so that I can have some fun, let's see if this DCT makes the bike funner or not

This is a very steep uphill, I can shift just by using my finger, it's very easy, then I dusnshift and since I don't have to move my boot from the peg, it's much easier

Thee's a sharp turn, it really works well even with road tires, I can shift from 1st to 2nd gear, the DCT helps a lot going downhill

Rinding on the pegs is great since I can focus on the riding and not on the shifting

It's even easy to make aU turn since I don't have to use the clutch but just the throttle, it's very easy

I'm going uphill, I ave switched on Automatic Sport mode and, on narrow tracks, this bike works better than a manual shift one

comparedto the manual version, itfeels heavier, since the wight is 10kg higher but,if you analyze pros and cons, the DCT wins since iteasier to ride, less tiring and it works better

this is a very steep descent so I downshift from 2nd to 1st gear

With the G button I can close the turns without any problem, the shifting is very fast, without having to use the boots

this is a very narrow track, I need to turn and look at how much traction it has, it's amazing without the clutch, you just really have to focus on the riding

I'll now show you how, compared to a standard shift bike, it faces a very technical track

I turn the DCT off, there's even a manual brake

we're here to see the difference between te two. There's a steep start and a slippery ground

the hard part is the release of the rear brake and of the clutch, accelerating not too hard

We have turned the TC off to show you how they behave

1st gear in, foot on the rear brake and there he goes

you actually turned it off, this is an extreme condition but if you're ravelling and you have to take a gravel road, it's not easy at all

and now, let's test the DCT version on an even harder ground

I have pushed the G button, I have turned the ABS off and the TC off too

Compared to the manual version, how is this bike easier?

everything is easier since it doesn't go backwards

see, it's not moving backwards, he has both feet on the ground it has a good grip it really helps compared to the manual version

Another critical condition when riding an adv bike is braking when going downhill, let's take a look at how the standard version behaves

see? the rear wheel gets stuck, the engine turns off and the bike tends to go sideways

It's very risky,and it may happen with a standard shift bike

let's see what happens with the DCT. The bike doesn't turn off and you still have contro lover the bike

so, we've tested all the DCT bikes, starting from the town, where they are very easy to handle, even iside the traffic,sinc we don't have to use the clutch and the shift pedal

then we've used it for touringon twisty roads, where, on Drive, it runs very smoothly and it's easy to handle, while used on Sport or on Manualthe shift becomes sporty and fast

last but not least we've used it off road where it's very smart andit can be even faster than a standard shift bike, right?

well Marcello is the lead teacher for Honda Academy and he races with these bikes inside an Enduro championship

yes, it's much faster!

We can't do more than this with these DCT bikes, what do you think about them?See you son!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét