Thứ Tư, 27 tháng 6, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Jun 27 2018

welcome to wacky Wednesday's, where everyone has a chance to show off their

car mods, and here's this week's winner, my name is Michael and this is my 1983

Porsche 944, I bought this car in 2012 as my only car and actually my first car

that I ever bought, so I bought this car in New Hampshire about 2,000 miles away

from where I live here in Texas and the cars previous life was as a de track-day

car, and you know I've I've kind of kept a few things from it, the coilovers for

one in the front are great, it has a cam in the engine, there's a few other things

but I've also kind of gone through and tried to make the car a really nice

daily driver, the interior of the 944 is pretty primitive by today's standards

but it's actually a pretty nice place to

be, I'm 6 foot 2 and I still fit awesomely

in this car, everything's manual I've got a five-speed transmission here, pretty

much standard fare on most 944s, pretty much the only thing that isn't manual is

actually probably these power windows right here, which is probably a big deal

back in 1983, now there might be a few things that you're used to a modern car

they yeah you might not find in the 944 at least in this 1983 model, such as

maybe an airbag here or here, or over there or something, or cruise control or

traction control or stability control or any of those controls, but you do get an

oil pressure gauge, a voltmeter, and simple gauges, a lot of cars my Subaru

don't even have a water temperature gauge anymore, I've also gone ahead and

replaced the entire engine management system with a mega squirt ECU and I've

wired up a few relays and fuses here and this panel would normally bolt up here

below the dashboard, but I have it down right now for a little bit of

maintenance, this was a one of my larger projects that has really been a vast

improvement to the car, lets start it up

the tachometer here is inverted and actually swings up that way which is cool

another thing too, these doors, you slam them it's like a bank vault closing

the build quality is great, these cars were all hand-built

and you just don't get that feel with modern cars

it's a fun little car

the 1983 Porsche 944 came with a two and a half liter naturally aspirated

four cylinder,

as far as bodywork goes, I fitted a European spec bumpers to the front at

the rear same thing, I bought a European bumper

as well as a rear valence from a 944 turbo, the exhaust is pretty much stock, factory

catalytic converter has been replaced with a resonator

and it's not too loud, it's a little bit louder than the

car next to you but not by too much, its great,

the wheels are factory 16-inch alloys, we've also fitted a Volvo 240

calipers on this car, a little bit of modification needed but not too bad, so

as far as ownership, it's been a hugely positive experience, again this was my

first car that I ever bought and I still drive it year-round, but aside from this

being a good car and you know it's a blast to drive, it's also kind of been a

professor in my life as far as you know as I grew up I bought the car when I was

19, 18, or 20 or something like that, five or so coming up on six years I've

come a long way too and the car has kind of had a large role in that, so when I

bought this car I mean I kind of know how to change the oil on a car and I

knew how to change a spare tire but that was pretty much it, and I was still

in school as a young engineering student and when I bought this car, I mean it

broke down within 20 minutes of buying it, and that pretty much set the stage for

learning how to work on cars, learning how to hunt for parts, go to the junkyard

what's the value of a dollar, things like that having a good work ethic,

knowing that if you're not going to work than the jobs not going to get done

because you can't afford to go to the Porsche mechanic and shell out a 120 an

hour or whatever it is, so I had to learn how to do a lot of work

clutch jobs, transmission replacement, pretty much everything, I'm pretty sure

I've had pretty much every nut and bolt off this car back on in some way or

another over the last five years and not to say it's unreliable, the car is for being 36

years old extremely reliable, it's more reliable than the 99 4runner that I used

to own, it starts every time, drives create, a lot of stuff was just

simply being 36 years old, but as far as a young person owning a car I don't think I could have

made a better decision, I think a lot of young people now or I don't know like

they're not as attractive to owning an old car as maybe they should be just

because it's such an opportunity to grow as a person yourself, if you're

passionate about something you know be willing to do your own work, do your own

research, you know not just just be a passive commuter, owning a car is

something to be proud of, and you know this car for me was the right car,

well that was this week's video, and to have your car mod shown on my channel

here, check this out,

so if you never want to miss another one of my new car repair videos, remember to

ring that Bell!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét