Thứ Hai, 31 tháng 12, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Dec 31 2018

So today we're going to change the serpentine belt on our Subaru Outback 3.6

To remove this engine cover you want to lift up in the rear

Pull it forward, this guy comes off

With the cover and the air intake snorkel out of the way we can see kind of what we're

doing so we're gonna try and get in here and release the tension

on this tensioner pulley it's at the end of my middle finger

and then that should give us enough slack to remove this old belt

One thing you might want to do is take a picture of the way that the belt is routing

I'm going to do that on my iPhone. On a lot of cars you'll actually have that diagram on

the core support unfortunately on our Subaru we don't have that so this just gives me a reference

I've got a 14 millimeter socket on a long 3/8 inch ratchet

we just need a little leverage to loosen the tension

on the belt, I just lean on it like that

get this ratchet out of the way

look at it, can you see that crack. this belt is old

definitely time to replace it

Here's our new belt, it's a Continental part I'll put a link in the description and the part number

so one thing we're gonna do is order a new pulley for this tensioner

this is just making too much noise so I'll order that we'll put it on later

but I'm gonna get the new belt on now I want to put the new belt on we're going to

start at the very bottom get this around the crank pulley and work our way up

get myself a little extra slack here and see if I can get this belt

over this pulley

finally slip that on, the new belt is tight, I think it will stretch out a little bit over time

the key to getting this last part of the new belt on was was

slipping it over the idler pulley while I had the the tension released

the brand new belt is pretty tight getting it on there. it'll self adjust and

probably stretch out a little bit over time but it's on there really nice

so I'm going to put the engine cover back on at the bottom these little things

need to slide into the slots on the front these little things protruding

that will actually push down into these holes in the back

That's done!

You should expect to pay around $20 or less for the belt

and doing this yourself probably will save you in the range of about $100

hope that helps please subscribe and feel free to leave comments

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét