Chủ Nhật, 30 tháng 12, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Dec 31 2018

What's going on YouTube Ika is here

Today's video is about how to replace the rear differential on Mazda cx-5 in today's video

I'm going to work on my vehicle, which is

Mazda cx-5 2015 2.5 all-wheel drive grand touring and

since you are watching this video, you're probably on the same page as I am and that's noisy really differential unfortunately on

Pre-facelift models

the rear differential I would say a kind of weak, you know, even if you for some reason

Cannot follow the factory recommendations and install different

size of tires for example little bit wider or a little bit higher

Rear differential may become noisy. I want to tell you a little backstory

So this is this car has only 43,000 miles and even on 43,000 miles their differential is bad

I called the Mazda dealership and asked about

price for labor only and they told me

$1,100 which is I think too much to replace the real differential

And for the part itself brand new costs around

$1,800 which means that in total to replace the rear differential in Mazda dealership with the part itself

You need to spend pretty much everywhere from $2,700 to $2,900 dollars, which I think is a real expensive

so

I purchased a

pre-owned

Rear differential from Pam's Auto. Oh, by the way, this is not the paid promotion. Those guys didn't paid me a penny, but

I'm just saying to give you kind of information where to search for this part because when I needed that information I wasn't able to

Find a lot of DIY things

about cx-5 so I thought it's going to be good to

Share my knowledge

so I

purchased the rear differential from Pam's Auto

I Already replaced one on this car, but unfortunately, it was defective, you know, as with all pre-owned parts

There's always risk that the part is not as good as a brand new.

I called Pam's Auto they are really nice guys. They

Offered me a replacement with no cost to me at all. No shipping cost no part cost nothing

So they already sent me the new one. I received it. It has only

10,000 miles which is pretty much new that's kind of backstory and

Another thing is in this video

I'm going to show you how to replace it easy way because when I replaced rear differential first

I didn't knew a lot about

Cx-5 at all. So I

Sort of removed some parts, which was not necessary to be removed

In this video, I will show you what you need to remove and what can stay on the car

And which is the easiest way to replace the rear differential so, okay step 1. Let's do a really quick unboxing

Let's see what we have in the box. So you will kind of know how it looks like and what to expect

Okay, so here is the rear differential

this part itself from here till here is differential and this is the coupler which comes with the

differential if you are buying it pre-owned

I mean mostly if you're buying brand new you can buy differential

itself and a Coupling

Separate as far as I remember

differential was 1100 and

The coupler is $700. So what you want to do? First of first thing is just

Turn this part over here and make sure that it

spins really smoothly and

Doesn't have any kind of noise because if it has any noise, it's pretty much bad

That was my first mistake when I replaced the first one. I when I

spin this part it had just

barely noise, but still

You know when its installed on the car and you when your driving like 30-40 miles per hour

That small noise usually become really loud. So that's first thing first

Rule number one

never

Ignore safety never never leave your car only on the car jack because it's really dangerous

Those things especially these diamond shaped car jacks. They are not the strongest thing ever. So, uh,

better use

Car jack stands as you can see I did the same stuff

Car jack jack stands on the right side of the car as well

And another thing is always make sure that car seats in level

To make sure that the weight destroys on the left and right side jack stands

Evenly that's another really important stuff when they are especially whenever you're going to work under the car

next thing what you want to do is to release the parking brake because in case if your parking brake is

Up you won't be able to remove the rear brake caliper

Which is necessary to be removed the second thing

What you want to do is to put your car in the neutral for that you want to use?

wheel chocks

To make sure that car stays in place

I'm using them as you can see on both sides

To make sure the car is stays in one place and won't rolled forward

so and they put it in the neutral is necessary because you pretty much will need to spin your

rear axle to

better

to have better access to

some

nuts next step

Is going to be to drain

rear differential

This bolt right here is the drain drain bolt size is 24 millimeter I already

loosen the bolts. So, You know because it is kind of tough to

Record the video and plus work with the tools

So I will try to do both as best as possible

And another thing is

I'm going to reuse the differential fluid since I use the brand new here and I ran on it

Maybe 15 miles or so

So it's still in pretty much brand-new condition, but you may need to replace it

It depends. How old is yours?

As you can see

Mine has

pretty good color

The next thing next guys and this is the step where I'm going to save a lot of your time

So in order to replace the rear differential, of course, you need to remove the rear axle, which is this thing

right here and in order to

remove the rear axle you need to take apart whole

rear piece which is

Break caliper to remove the brake

Rotor and then to remove wheel hub and then pull out the rear axle

So to do so what you need to do you need to remove this

Lock nut and to remove it, by the way, if you are going to remove this is a 32 millimeter

so you need socket which is

eventually 32 millimeter , to loosen it you need to

make sure that this part doesn't spin and to do so what you need to do you need to

Take out

this center cup from your wheel

install the wheel on the car then lower the

car to make sure that wheel sits on the floor on the ground or whatever and

Then you will be able to

Use your socket

through the wheel and

loosen this bolt because this sits right here really tight. You can not just

loosen it as

is and

just imagine

Installing the wheel back

Then loosen the bolt and lift the car and you know, take apart

all these parts here and then pull the rear axle

it takes at least half an hour to take it apart and

Put it back then which means that for the both parts you will spend at least one hour

So what I am going to do I'm going to leave everything here as is

The only thing that I'm going to remove is brake caliper, which is super easy

The only thing that you need to do is use the

14 millimeter wrench or ratchet whichever is more convenient for you. It's one here

second is right over here and

The brake caliper will come right over and then another part is 14 millimeter

bolt right here and another

under right here and

this complete part is going to be out

Next thing is to remove 4, 14 millimeter wheel hub bolts which is

Really easy to do they are right around the rear axle and the last thing which you need to do

You need to remove the ABS sensor

You just need to remove this 10 millimeter bolt and the sensor will

Come right away. So next thing what you need to make sure that this

Zip tie which is right here. You see this little small pin, which it has on top

You need to make sure that it will be line up with

The ABS sensor because this is the only way you can pull the rear axle out

because otherwise

Your rear axle pretty much will stuck because there's no room for the pin to go through so you need to make sure that

that pin and

The ABS sensor are lined up

So that's pretty much it after that

I'm going to attach the slide hammer and

Just pull the whole piece out

so what I'm going to do now, I'm going to

Switch the time-lapse mode

to remove all the small parts

which is I mean

Nothing special and as soon as I get to the part where I'm going to take this out the rear axle out

I'm going to switch back to the camera mode so you can see the whole process

Well, okay guys as you saw I

I removed all necessary parts. I mean it was pretty quick pretty fast

Make sure one more time make sure that the ABS sensor is out because otherwise you are risking to damage it

because the place where the ABS sensor sitting is the only place where you can slide that little pin on top of zip tie

one more time let's make sure

it sits right

it's align right with the ABS sensor location next thing what I'm going to do I'm going to attach

this on my wheel hub I'm going to use factory lug nuts

You don't really need to tighten them very much just to make sure that, you know, it sits on the place and sits steady

I will adjust the camera a little bit so you can't see little bit better

Okay, and here we go

Simple as that as I

Showed you the whole piece is out. So the only thing that you need to do is to pull rear axle

from the rear differential just like that

Okay, so now l will show you

this is the piece which I told you about

Zip tie right here

This piece needs to go through this piece right here

Because otherwise it will stuck on this small walls right here

So you need to make sure that this is aligned right here

One thing which I want to recommend is make sure that you have this kind of

Ratchet which is 17

Millimeters because without this it's going to be really really tough

to remove the differential because there is no

Room to work, especially when you're working on the floor when you don't have a lift

to, you know - to just stay and work that way you'll pretty much will lay under the car

Not really

big room to fit

This kind of ratchet with the socket on which will be like I'd say like two inches at least

so make sure that you have this it will save you a lot of time and a lot of

Energy. I already went through

That process without this

Ratchet, and I know what that means. It's really tough

Okay, guys, we are under the car now

It's yeah

Just be ready that it's pretty tight here

so it;s not to comfortable to work but

it is what it is, here's a few things that he remove

it is

Pretty simple, if you know what to do and prepare all necessary tools. So first we need to

remove all these four nuts right here which holds the drive shaft on

The rear coupling these is 12 millimeter nuts next thing is going to be these

17 millimeters bolts

And this is the one which I told you about that you need

this

17 millimeter ratchet and you are maybe kind of surprised because here is a lot of space but I

I don't know if you will be able to see

The one which is right there

Which sits

Above this one right there

this one is

one which you can not

Use any kind of tool except of just a regular wrench because it's really tight in there

So as I said, just make sure that you have that ratchet it's going to be one

one here two

Three and the top one is right here four

Next step is going to be to remove three

14 millimeter bolts which holds the back of the differential it's one

two and

three right here

usually

How it works. You'll need to remove this

17 millimeter

nut which holds the bracket on which is sitting the differential it is going through the bushing here

but I prefer not to do so because in my opinion it is

more headache to do so that's why I'm removing these three bolts and

In that case, I have this bracket on the place, so I don't need to align it in the future. So

Also what you need to do you need to unplug

This sensor right here and another sensor which is right up here

also this small hose

Okay, guys

here are

Both differentials. So this is the one which I removed for my car

And this is the one which I recently received

so I

just want to

Show you what kind of noise am I talking about? So as soon as you get the pre-owned part

Just spin this right here and make sure that it is not noisy easy like this

As you can hear it has

Pretty bad noise the one little tip what I want to tell you is

Make sure that you have sealant right that you have this sealant rings

on your

drain and fill up bolts

so the thing is that it's going to be much easier if you

remove this now because as soon as you install

The differential on the car. It's going to it's going to be really tough to reach this bolt

Which means that at least it's a good idea to loosen it now

And then install on the car so

This the I mean the tip which is pretty much

You will find really useful

so another thing is make sure that you take pictures of

of this

Code right here and

this one as well because in some cases you need to reprogram your all-wheel-drive module and

to do so you need to

have this

codes, both

So make sure that you take picture of this before you install a differential

Hey what's going on YouTube

It's me Ika again. So

unfortunately

The battery of my camera just died in the middle of recording so I wasn't be able to record the whole assembly process

So sorry about that. But you know, it's pretty much straightforward that you're just doing everything backwards. You're putting the differential and

The axles back and the brake system and put the wheels on the car. That's it done

so let's take a little spin together and see if a

Problem is solved

Okay guys, so here we go

Oh

Goodness

Finally

No more

annoying noise

so guys I

Hope you find this video helpful for yourself. And if so, please

Leave your comments and press that like button

it will be really highly appreciated. Also if you are interested in my future videos, please subscribe on my channel

peace

For more infomation >> DIY - How to replace rear differential on Mazda CX5 - Duration: 25:01.

-------------------------------------------

Mazda 6 2.0 BUSINESS+ - Duration: 1:05.

For more infomation >> Mazda 6 2.0 BUSINESS+ - Duration: 1:05.

-------------------------------------------

2019 Mazda3 To Come With Two Engines In The U.S., A 2.5 And The 2.0 SkyActiv-X - Duration: 3:02.

Mazda hasn't been that generous with details when it comes to the all-new Mazda3's specs

Besides announcing the engines' displacements, the offering of a manual transmission, and the availability of all-wheel drive, the automaker kept most specs hidden

Still, Autoblog has managed to learn more about the Mazda3, in particular about the model that will be sold in the United States

The publication talked to Mazda engineers at the LA Auto Show about the engines, suspension, and drivetrains

As usual, the U.S.market will get fewer engines than other regions such as Europe

At launch, the 2019 Mazda3 will be offered only with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine

It's essentially the same naturally aspirated unit with cylinder deactivation that equips the CX-5 SUV and Mazda6 sedan

In the Mazda3, the engine will produce slightly more power and torque, though, namely 186 hp and 186 lb-ft (252 Nm), up 2 hp and 1 lb-ft

Mazda will offer this engine with front-wheel drive as standard whole all-wheel drive will be optional

The report also says 2019 Mazda3 SkyActiv-G 2.5will return 27 mpg city, 36 mpg highway, and 30 mpg combined

The AWD model will, logically, have a slightly worse fuel economy.The second engine Mazda will offer on its new compact car is the SkyActiv-X 2.0 compression-ignition unit which will arrive later in 2019.

It will first be rolled out in states with stricter emissions regulations before launching in other states

Both engines are compatible with manual and automatic transmissions, although Mazda will announce later on exactly which combinations will be offered

As for turbo engines, Mazda did confirm the 2.5-liter turbo-four fits in the engine bay of the new 3

However, the company would not comment on whether the SkyActiv-G 2.5T unit might end up in its compact car eventually

If we corroborate that with another report that dismissed the possibility of a Mazdaspeed 3 hot hatch, it looks highly unlikely

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét