Thứ Hai, 31 tháng 12, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Dec 31 2018

Hello, hi, my name is Valen and I'm doing this on the spot

So I thought like you know, why don't I- What the fuck is this? Oh

I forgot I had this, okay. I-I will read that off in a second. So I thought I should do um

like a little

LGBTQ book review cause why-why not like... it's it's kind of hard to find books for

Like that stuff and

I found them quite a few, so, you know

why not? Like... don't judge me here

So this book is "The Other Boy"

Um... I'll just show you.

Read that.

I Don't know it's-it's not show up that well. Um, it's by MG Hennessy* I think... Hold on.

Yeah, MG Hennesy*... this is the first um

rrans book? I don't... I

don't know if this is... yeah. This is the first like LGBTQ book I've ever read too...

so I

got this when I was like in fifth grade, but I didn't read it until

Last year when I actually figured out Iwas trans... and that's when it was like actually like oh

crap, even though it doesn't like really go that in depth with like

how

Shane the main character, who's trans, feels

It just it was kind of like

it's still like... you know... did something to my brain and I was like

*weird noise* Um

Yeah, I don't know how to... okay so basically to

Do a

Sum of-of the thought oh my god. This is so awkward... And I don't know why. I'm literally just making this awkward

because this is actually is like better than most things I record cause like

uh, you can go watch my video on like

Trans experiences... link it up one of those. I can't remember. I'm not good at like

that

Okay, um and

Yeah, but it

Like that was awkward, unless I was *incoherent mubling*. Bear with me

I'll probably like edit some of this out. So um

Basically to sum up the plot... Shane is basically

I'm gonna say he's a sixth grader. Hold on... He's either a sixth grader or a fifth grader... He's a kid... and

Like for the longest time he knew he was trans like

You know, one of those stories where it's like "ah man, I've always known I'm a boy"

Kind of thing

Yeah, this is

Um

And then eventually puberty rolls around, and he was already on blockers. I

Think... yeah, he was on blockers. So he didn't start which I wish everybody had that opportunity but I didn't um

and

Now at this point

Everybody is going through puberty

all the dudes all the ladies and he's like man, I

look

Fricken feminine. I don't like this

so

he goes in and he's like

"Ay get me some

testosterone"

Well, he had to go to his dad's cause they need both parents to like... yeah...

like sign off on the form

for testosterone so he went to his dad's to talk about it and the dad's like

"No

Are ya sure?

Even though you've known this your whole life and you're you and you understand yourself

I don't think so, you know... I miss girl come on" and um... let's see

So then he's like really depressed cuz he like skipped out on his baseball thing...

his baseball tournament

So he was like, "wow, you're rude, I don't like you"

Which like is understandable, um and then eventually

He convinces his dad

Okay, so I ended up looking it up. He does convince his dad

um, af-

after that

He ends up getting outed by

Some jerk... I can't remember who it was

Because I haven't read this in a while

The book is like very PG. I don't think there's any

cursey words. At least I don't remember any, maybe there's like one or two. I don't know um

Why the hell is there a highlight? Oh, oh

Yeah cause I gave

this book to somebody

And I-I either I highlighted it or they highlighted it... um

Either one, it doesn't matter

Cause I've had my mom read this book and I had my grandma read this book, cause my grandma asked to - and my mom

She was not the best starting out. So I was just like "here's the goddamn book, read it"

Cause it does explain like..

It does do a good job at like...

Kind of like dysphoria... cause like when he got

denied testosterone, I would say that was

Pretty realistic in the way that he was upset because it's like oh man

Everybody's going through puberty, and I'm not, and I look like a child

You know, cause like that's what I'm going through right now, cause everybody's

Finally hitting puberty and it's really disturbing and depressing and

Yeah... oh

God.. okay

Um

And the Outing thing like I've had people

Like out me... like my mom did to my dad

like kind of... but not really like she tried to drop all these hints that were fairly obvious and

My dad never got them or he did and he just like didn't care. Either way. I don't- I don't know

But yeah, that's...

That's like the gist of the book... this one is like one of my favorites um...

Probably biased cause um again, this is the first like

LGBTQ book I've ever read, and I've read several times because I love it so much

Because it's a narrative of a younger

trans person

trans dude, and um

You know

Yeah, it just

Hit me in the feels... like several times and it's really bad I've read this way too many times

There are also like really nice little comics in here, too

cause um

Shane likes to have comics. So I'll just show you uh

I'll show you the first one. Wait. Okay, it's on like chapter 2

Like... like this.

So, yeah

Stuff like that makes it good uh

So I would definitely recommend this one... I-I-It's some good stuff... I-I feel so

Awkward

and yeah as okay this

Is my old name so I'll say Valen cause that's the new one I use

Cause I used another one before this. It's out there. I don't care. I just don't like it. Um

So this is from my grandma

She said thanks for letting me read the book. It helps me to understand although I still might mess up and call you a

She and my birth name

...Something that I can't read his cursive so it's... it helped people understand

So if you want to give that to your fam, maybe it's a good idea. I don't

know

So yeah, that is um "The Other Boy" by MG Hennessy*... it's a good book. You should read it

that's my conclusion basically and

I'll probably be doing another one of these cause I have... How many have I read over there? ...One, two... three... four

Five, six... don't mind me while I'm counting

Six... Six that I've read it, I'm gonna have one two

Three

Three more to read? ...Oh four cause I have one right- that's what you're stacked on... is books cause I'm a nerd

and like yeah, so I have- I have queer books or

LGBTQ books, if you're not comfortable with that word, um

To read and you know people need this information, so why not?

Anyways, if you enjoy it, I guess tune in for another one, I don't know how to do outros

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét