Thứ Sáu, 29 tháng 9, 2017

Auto news on Youtube Sep 29 2017

Have you ever asked yourself,

Jouelzy why is it slander to say have a seat

but is a goal to have a seat at the table?

Is that meta or just ridiculous?

What is this table,

why we all trying to sit there like the one table

with the cool kids

at the back of the cafeteria.

When did middle school strife become #goals.

I'm being slightly facetious

but I do want us to think about how we view

a popularly stated goal.

A lot of times we state that with no thought to what it actually means.

It sounds good and profound,

but often when we pick up sayings from others

we excuse ourselves

from defining what they mean for us.

Let's define what our seat at the table is.

Is the table something you ascend to?

Get your foot in the door?

Climb the ladder?

Not what you know but who you know?

Who owns the table?

Do you know you have the tools to create your own table?

Be the blessing and the resource to bring into your community?

When you look back at movements that shifted culture,

you'll find that they all started with you...

people finding each other,

working with each other.

They had similar goals and similar aspirations,

and they knew that the best way to get to where they were going

was to pull it out of themselves and use others to go get it together.

Let go of destination syndrome,

believing that you need to be somewhere different,

exactly in that moment to be successful.

Let go of aspiring towards being seated at tables that are dominated by the oppressor.

That were constructed to keep you and your kind out.

Know that no matter what your station in life, you are blessed and meant to be a blessing

for yourself and to others.

My voice and my words are what I am pulling out of myself as my blessing.

It's my leverage, what I use with confidence and push myself forward.

That's my blessing that I both use and share, come together with others in various stages

and forms, and level up.

The glow up is not a solo venture and it's not just about the seat.

Construct and own the table, I'm constructing my table and invite you all to take a seat,

because one of us ascending isn't enough, maintaining the same barriers and hurdles

doesn't allow for innovation to flourish and voices to be heard.

Find the blessing in you, use it, exploit it and then be that blessing to others.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét