Thứ Năm, 7 tháng 2, 2019

Auto news on Youtube Feb 7 2019

all right so first thing we're gonna do we're gonna put these little strips in

they give your car a new leather smell so it kind of smells like your car's no

I love these hopefully I'll have these in my description if I don't let me know

and I'll try and find them for you guys alright so we're gonna go ahead and put

the floor mat we sprayed the carpet spray in there so now we're going ahead

and clip the floor mat button it's a rubber well yeah I guess it is kind of

like a floor mat so I saw I'm sorry for the glare if you guys see it

the humidity is so hot I'm in a t-shirt and I'm sweating yeah so this is the

official first day of winter we're actually putting this guy on right now I

can't believe that it's this hot it's just crazy

there we go we got the new Mustang fuel style cap on just need to polish it up

but looks good alright so now we're gonna put in the trunk rubber lining

that we got all right so now I'm far from that better there's nothing I can

do about it my cameras teamed up on the inside because of the high humidity so

it's a little frustrating but it is what it is it's out of my control so this is

a complete trunk Matt it's supposed to be cut to fit perfectly so we'll find

out

so I guess I need to put underneath we're just gonna buy it on top I'm not

too worried okay oh excuse me guys so looks good there we go

so let's see now onto the license plate

all right so we got a new frame for it as well

your license plate custom license plate and I think this guy's a little overkill

but I quickly grabbed it so we got a new one of these but I'm just gonna keep the

old one on for right now all right we're gonna go ahead and dry the back of this

off now for the side

you don't want to make it too tight that it cracks but it's got to be in enough

that's not ever going to wiggle itself out there we go so it's the plate has a

little water inside so the plate is done now let's move on to something else okay

so now we're going to work on putting a new front plate that it got for the car

I hope I have the right size screws which I'm not sure I do

these screw holes are very small so we might actually have to try and make the

holes a lot bigger

if plastic so you can do it it's just gonna take a little bit so I drilled the

holes out made them bigger but these screws are kind of rusted that I found

so I'm gonna spray them with a rust-proof spray let them dry so we

might go ahead and work on maybe putting hood decals on it's starting to cloud up

so I'm thinking the rains moving back in so I do want to get the windshield gold

Mustang on before it rains so we're gonna actually we're going to do that

because that's something I really want to get done get this American flag one

off just because it doesn't match the car golden black theme so stay tuned

okay it's going to rain probably at any second so we gotta get this front plate

on

paint wasn't 100% dried on the license plate

I mean on the screws so I'm just gonna have to touch him up eventually but

that's alright okay next up we have gold inserts for here don't know if we're

gonna make it before it starts raining

okay so that's not going anywhere what's a whole lot better now than

before

there we go looks awesome I mean I love that all right so I was undecided but I

think we'll put it on these decals both sides so should be good

doesn't rain in the next minute

so I got to do this very man it's windy wow this is ridiculous

making it very very difficult to do I

can wait for the brief died down just enough all right here we go

I need to peel this off

we got do this even make sure nothing comes up because there's a lot of detail

in this decal

all good it turned out great we didn't mess up at all it's now I'm gonna press

it down but I want to get the other side on before it starts raining so hold on

all right now that the decals are on man I think they look awesome way better in

person then my camera could ever show so we have one more decal that I'm not sure

if I want to put on it would go right up in here so I need to lay it out and see

how it looks I hope you guys liked my custom Mustang so I'm Way too undecided

what I want to do I could put it in between there or I could put it up top

here like I originally was going to but I think that might look too too much too

much decal on the hood so I don't know I'm not sure what I want to do so for

now I guess I'm going to leave it as is

Wow man yeah I think I might leave it as is with the two gold stripes on the side

you got the gold in the center with the hood yeah I don't think I'm going to

touch the center it's kind of shame I got the I mean they're gonna look really

nice don't know if there's anywhere really

I could put them

I mean now that looks stupid one there one that nope that's dumb

I think that's it I think that's all we're gonna do ladies in the gentlemen

so if you saw my fail might be at the end of this video took out the off the

old decal that goes on here the Mustang American flag one I swapped it out with

the gold one if you watch at the end I should have the blooper climbed up on

here as right as I laid it down a gust of wind blew and pushed it on the glass

not where I wanted it to so this side was great that side was way too high

very very fresh it frustrated me a lot so I just it looked bad because when I

try to peel it off it just stuck to the glass I just said you know forget it

um I'm gonna reorder another one and do it on a day where it's not windy

whatsoever cuz it's just not worth it doing it when

it's windy these came out good with the wind luckily I waited for a nice calm

well I'll wait for no air whatsoever so alright guys we'll see clearly it didn't

rain yet I do need to clean the interior massively

a lot of stuff left over from when they painted that I need to clean up but I

can't wash it and until 6 weeks so ok might be more videos we'll see

For more infomation >> Adding Mods To A 2008 Ford Mustang Custom Decals & More - Duration: 13:38.

-------------------------------------------

Tangled | Best Cartoon For Children & Kids | Episode 80 - Emily Ford - Duration: 10:01.

PLEASE, LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE and SUBCRIBE my video! Thank you very much!

Rapunzel which of these should we mount in the main hall this one says he

Ud a knack for getting into trouble a

World travel guide Oh

Looks like rain

If we don't make it so easy for this she went that way

The King's not going to like a huge chance

This stormy night and as I stood there before this decrepit old

woman with cold dead eyes

hair

Are you telling those stories?

Nah, big nose here was just tellin I thought my dad was done being overprotective

But for some reason it seemed like gardening has just put everyone

LEDs and you're probably you're just here. Uh-huh

Hi captain

funny CHUM's cook toes

Hornswoggle and

That guy

Specialty of the house

slob

Say aye squirts you back to the castle have to wait out the storm

And by the way, it's absolutely freezing in here. Don't you people

It belonged to the ducklings original owner

Ruthless had to clog to intimidate her customers. They called it her laughs of ruthless Ruth rate

The Rossum

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd rather take my chances out in the rain than spend one more minute

It's stuck

We're trapped in the club. It's the truth is behind this guys. He's right. Let's not

Go stir wait, we're short

Trapped in here with whoever you are. What do you want?

Pickleboy

enough of this nonsense

Your forever you're gonna listen to him you realize he eats cheese off the floor look

There anything we can use as a battering ram a battering ram isn't the answer and legend has it that people screams

or music to her ears

and she she would go on and the Beast or building Foundation was safe from the swing of her fearsome color a bowl of

Putrid slimy flub I heard it was hairy spiders. I heard a blister of the mighty barbarian until the day she died

And I'm here forever. There's only one slice of pie left

We've got to get out of here now

Wow look at this

And the club's Hulk

It's a tuning fork cap. Not so sure you want to take that tone with the undead no more girl

Your majesty we've evacuated the east bank your majesty

Okay, let's think what do we have to go on now listen up club and this

Don't worry princess we're gonna get you out of here one exercise every day

What in the world is going on

Let's try the trapdoor here

Humm rose

Bruce

Hi, I want to help though. You weren't a barbarian. Oh, no, it was the

Barbarian shanty and here. It's

Just a club Rapunzel

They're musical notes

Ruth wasn't as bad as we thought here here hold this so I can read the music

Guys I think she likes it we're gonna be free

The roofs not evil the club was just a song well I dream

Hi

Gross it's not dawn yet

We can still finish your song Bruce know what the club was just a piece of wood

Thus do this alone Ruth only you are in charge of your own and let your true self shine

All I truly home to do was make up songs to sing

Listen up all you please listen of how I yearn to swing it stir I was afraid

Dreams. This is what I played listen up. If you please listen to mine till the perfect, Monica

I can end this curse now I can end the song or to grim voices. Don't be sad

What's wrong

Come on everyone captain, please. It's almost midnight. We have to free roof

I

Knew you'd understand Rapunzel, by the way when it comes to me

Ruth reminded me of something very important Pascal it's sending all the guards to protect me, but it's time. That was I

Love you so much darling. You mean everything to me

You

Better than the Sun on your face and the wind blowing through your hair

Was leading us across the water. I had my doubts about converting the caravan into

Really I would have thought the most important thing to do would be to not drag degree angle

Foot and see the bilge max in vanilla

Yeah, you cared me you should have never tried to fix that man is now kaput wait

So we're stuck here

I don't want to be spoon sharpens the sweetness of the crop making the New Moon an optimal time to harvest a cargo ferry

Sounds like all we got to do is wait to kill but if we have to be stranded at least it's in a beautiful place

Like the building contest right Cass and I vs. You guys whoa, whoa. Whoa. Well, there's four of us and

All right boys first rule of shelter building locum now or beach ready

You look so he looks so cute he's not really my thing but I got

It'll be perfect when we add a door to protect us from all these insects

Oh, we'll catch up Maps Oh

Still can't get over how you disc

Hold on

It looks like we lost like you Pascal

This artist it is you for centuries for he is now a group in hagen

Season Oh show us the way Weaver not talking to you is kind to us

What is find blue for me

For more infomation >> Tangled | Best Cartoon For Children & Kids | Episode 80 - Emily Ford - Duration: 10:01.

-------------------------------------------

Täysin uusi Ford Focus Active – Esittely | Ford Finland - Duration: 1:26.

For more infomation >> Täysin uusi Ford Focus Active – Esittely | Ford Finland - Duration: 1:26.

-------------------------------------------

Tangled | Best Cartoon For Children & Kids | Episode 79 - Emily Ford - Duration: 10:01.

PLEASE, LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE and SUBCRIBE my video! Thank you very much!

And just take as your guidance finding the exit to the forest would be like finding

piranha rattles useful common sense and common

Sense says we need to take this other road to the forest the horses and the camper are likely in another section of the woods

Now, all right. All right listen up

Over here

Don't think of it as longer think of it as better just relax just

When I thought it wasn't possible to like you more you spiced fly medley

Yeah, well the cobbler is salty I'm gonna go extract some it it's it's a taste explosion, you know, I always say never

Eugene I think your time away and lost the camper everyone still thinks without you. I'll handle this

Over everybody

Now I don't want to brag scratch that I want to brag who led us out of here silver geysers

They're lava hot and emit toxic gases

Looks like you want us to run through there a field of piping hot firewater. Yeah, we're not

I

Gotta be honest. I don't like the way sunshine hop aboard darlin

I can do nicknames - and it's like you said listen to her YouTube guys

She's literally asking you steaks were really the forest's fault. Not mine. So, who are you gonna trust me you're swingin

me -

Nope I cannot believe this

We're never gonna escape and it's all your fault Eugene it's a joke. This doesn't make any sense

I saw the exit you saw the exits

I

Think it's pointing me toward black lobby thing magical wall of black fire as my next guess

Haha, this actually worked have you seen the others not since you please help me find my friends I

Wish I could say they have but

You need the map or me to get to the exit and as being an adventurous devil-may-care rogue was the one definite in my life

Just felt nice to be in Chuck guy anymore. You're right

You're not who you used to be. You're also a friend you bring laughter and

warmth

You're the fish. Oh fish skin is a compliment. Oh

Sure sideout. That's it. If I'm correct the sections of this horse are Moop

Wait don't mistake the beauty for what a truly

Be eaten by some stupid power spider best days. I leave you dealing Eugene

I think that's a question for Madeira not agree

Buster jab know what she says her thoughts going. I have a choice. I'm a moss man over here

Well this and single-handedly pulled you out of a tire street

She's growing on me. Well, that's no surprise

Look how long it took me to win you over. Well, not a vitamin butter

You know for the record, I'm pretty confident. I could have gotten us out. It was very nice of you June

Eugene

We back up to the beginning

And our dreamy romance long I'm guessing since low tide turns out all of us had known

Briefs on my mirror handle. No, I know I has two moods surly and

Just the one mood actually

Sink what is wrong with you? You're acting strange. And what does that weird thing you're doing with your mouth mean?

Okay, always nice to meet people know

You

How you met her hook foot we want all the details

That sea glass

You don't say

We're just getting together to eat and you know

Talk. Yeah, I think he's just a little anxious. That's all he's gonna be fine, uh hook foot

had never been on a date before so

Eugene and I promise to help our first step

Hey, hey, hey relax, you're in great hands here foot. Okay, love hook foot doesn't need pointers

He just needs to speak from the heart and go it in

Who am I kidding? I'm gross

The rest are

Disposable

I'm so nervous. My ears are sweating. Anybody got her eyes her chin even the birthmark on her chin

You'd think at some point you'd get around to mentioning that she's too fast, but also it burns with loneliness

Okay, fine, I'll swim with the current first we got to get you the right. Look let's try this one that I like

You got to put your best foot forward

Comforts got nothing to do with it. It's you have would you I

Know how that works. Okay, so a big moment

arrived

Sorry battles fresh halibut

Here it's wonderful

Little gift sea glass almost a swimmer mates when we cry

I hope you enjoyed that little ditty we call it

Speed beat me. I'm trying so hard to impress you because I think Knights move seaweed drying in the Morning Sun

Seconds now you're talking my language

Like I'm sure the promise of much more

Do you feel easy is those three small?

You pierced my ears and skull but you need to tell you something

Matter what it takes. I'll protect you from the bad guys

Is where we came in before

That's not how Night Fights work you are under arrest for a bet you're the bad guy I don't get it

This is the sacred mirror and there's a show just to conceal stolen merch you used me

It's not like that to lose those vada niché's but then I fell for you hard

I felt how to straight now your life. It's too late for me

Who'd want you to be happy wouldn't they?

For more infomation >> Tangled | Best Cartoon For Children & Kids | Episode 79 - Emily Ford - Duration: 10:01.

-------------------------------------------

CSR Racing 2 - CSR Legends - Ford Performance Event - Lock-in Cars - Unlock Ford GT40 Mk2 - Duration: 3:05.

FORD PERFORMANCE EVENT TO UNLOCK FORD GT40 Mk2!!!

FORD PERFORMANCE EVENT TO UNLOCK FORD GT40 Mk2!!!

LOCK-IN CAR 1 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302

LOCK-IN CAR 1 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302

LOCK-IN CAR 1 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302

LOCK-IN CAR 1 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302

LOCK-IN CAR 1 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302

LOCK-IN CAR 2 FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR

LOCK-IN CAR 2 FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR

LOCK-IN CAR 2 FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR

LOCK-IN CAR 2 FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR

LOCK-IN CAR 2 FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR

LOCK-IN CAR 2 FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR

LOCK-IN CAR 2 FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR

LOCK-IN CAR 2 FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR

LOCK-IN CAR 2 FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR

LOCK-IN CAR 2 FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR

LOCK-IN CAR 3 FORD MUSTANG GT PREMIUM

LOCK-IN CAR 3 FORD MUSTANG GT PREMIUM

LOCK-IN CAR 3 FORD MUSTANG GT PREMIUM

LOCK-IN CAR 3 FORD MUSTANG GT PREMIUM

LOCK-IN CAR 3 FORD MUSTANG GT PREMIUM

LOCK-IN CAR 3 FORD MUSTANG GT PREMIUM

LOCK-IN CAR 3 FORD MUSTANG GT PREMIUM

LOCK-IN CAR 4 FORD SHELBY GT350R

LOCK-IN CAR 4 FORD SHELBY GT350R

LOCK-IN CAR 4 FORD SHELBY GT350R

LOCK-IN CAR 4 FORD SHELBY GT350R

LOCK-IN CAR 4 FORD SHELBY GT350R

LOCK-IN CAR 4 FORD SHELBY GT350R

LOCK-IN CAR 4 FORD SHELBY GT350R

LOCK-IN CAR 4 FORD SHELBY GT350R

LOCK-IN CAR 5 FORD GT

LOCK-IN CAR 5 FORD GT

LOCK-IN CAR 5 FORD GT

LOCK-IN CAR 5 FORD GT

LOCK-IN CAR 5 FORD GT

LOCK-IN CAR 5 FORD GT

UNLOCK FORD GT40 MK2!!!

UNLOCK FORD GT40 MK2!!!

UNLOCK FORD GT40 MK2!!!

UNLOCK FORD GT40 MK2!!!

UNLOCK FORD GT40 MK2!!!

UNLOCK FORD GT40 MK2!!!

THANKS FOR WATCHING THIS VIDEO,PLEASE SUBSCRIBE CHANEL FOR MORE VIDEO..

THANKS FOR WATCHING THIS VIDEO,PLEASE SUBSCRIBE CHANEL FOR MORE VIDEO..

THANKS FOR WATCHING THIS VIDEO,PLEASE SUBSCRIBE CHANEL FOR MORE VIDEO..

THANKS FOR WATCHING THIS VIDEO,PLEASE SUBSCRIBE CHANEL FOR MORE VIDEO..

THANKS FOR WATCHING THIS VIDEO,PLEASE SUBSCRIBE CHANEL FOR MORE VIDEO..

For more infomation >> CSR Racing 2 - CSR Legends - Ford Performance Event - Lock-in Cars - Unlock Ford GT40 Mk2 - Duration: 3:05.

-------------------------------------------

Police Chase Ends With Vehicle Wrapped Around Sign In Chadds Ford, .(February 7 2019 - Duration: 0:27.

For more infomation >> Police Chase Ends With Vehicle Wrapped Around Sign In Chadds Ford, .(February 7 2019 - Duration: 0:27.

-------------------------------------------

Socialite-Activists and the Black Freedom Struggle | Tanisha C. Ford || Radcliffe Institute - Duration: 45:44.

- Thank you so much, Meredith, for that introduction.

I was telling her earlier that, every time she

introduces one of us, we leave feeling really motivated,

and like, is she talking about me?

Is this my work?

Am I that amazing?

So I appreciate that.

I also want to say thank you to everyone at the Radcliffe

Institute.

You all take such good care of us

and make us feel so special-- everyone

from Jess, who always gives me a warm smile when

I walk in the building, to the folks who have helped me

when I've locked myself out of the office at night.

So I'm thankful to you all.

And also I want to say thank you to my fellow Fellows,

many of whom have heard me speak about my research.

And so it's a pleasure to present it in more fullness

and richness, I hope, today.

But also to friends and colleagues

who are on various fellowships across campus

that I've been able to connect with since I've been here.

Thank you to you all, especially my folks from the Hutchins

Center who came over to see me.

I'm glad that you're here.

So let me just say that this is my first time presenting

any of this research, so I want to allow myself

to be loose with it and have some fun, because, as Meredith

said, I'm a serious scholar, but I also like to bring some humor

and hilarity to my work because I think it keeps me grounded,

and it keeps me human and realizing that I'm not just

a thinker.

I'm also a three dimensional being.

So I want to bring some of that energy to the podium

tonight as I present on this work, "The Glamorous Life--

Socialite Activists and the Black Freedom Struggle

from World War II to the Age of Obama."

First I'd like to say I'm sorry to anyone

who wanted to hear me talk about Barack Obama in depth.

I won't be doing that tonight.

I'm kind of starting from the front end of the project.

So most of it will be about this immediate post-World War II

era, but I'm more than happy to let you know what I'm thinking

about Barack Obama--

in particular, one of his early members of his administration

who I might speak about in a little bit of detail

if there's enough time towards the end of my talk.

But I'm happy to talk about Barack Obama during the Q&A.

So the first kernels of this product

actually date back to graduate school

when I was working on my first book, Liberated Threads,

and I'll give you a sense of how I arrived

at this topic a little bit later on, but my interest in it

never died.

When you're a graduate researcher and you say,

oh, this is going to be my second book because you

find a few interesting documents in the archive,

but does it really become the second book?

So I guess technically this will be my second book,

but it is one of my--

the project that I imagined then-- it still

is very similar to what I imagined then in terms

of its shape and scope.

And I used the Schomburg Center Fellowship

to collect much of the archival material

that I'll present on today, but it

wasn't until this last semester at the Radcliffe

that I was able to actually start

analyzing some of that data.

So what I'm going to be presenting tonight

are some of my first impressions about a lot

of the research I found in the archive

while I was at the Schomburg Center.

Tea and shade, an introduction.

And for me it's a way of thinking

about the embodiment of the women in this era

that they were living through--

tea and shade.

How many people are familiar with this language, tea

and shade?

I know.

You're probably like, oh, I knew that.

As soon as I said it, you're like,

I already know what tea and shade means.

She don't have to tell me.

But I'm going to tell you a little bit about how

tea and shade informs how I'm thinking

about these socialite activist women.

So in spring 1954, the New York Amsterdam News

published a series of stories on black society women.

Betty Granger, the series author and Amsterdam News

social editor, argued that society life

had changed quite drastically since the days

when A'Lelia Walker reigned as the queen of black social life

in New York City.

The millionaire heiress to the Madam C.J. Walker

beauty empire hosted lavish events,

both at her Manhattan apartment and also

at her Westchester county estate villa, [INAUDIBLE]..

By the time of Granger's series, the original black 400

had all but died off, and many of their customs, rituals,

and standards had perished with them.

Who was the current grand dame of black society?

Granger wanted to know.

What were the new requirements for becoming a social leader?

Granger wrote, "we want our readers

to decide in true democratic fashion exactly who rules

supreme as New York's modern day social queen."

For three weeks, the Amsterdam News

accepted letters and postcards from readers

who casted their votes.

And the letters poured in even from people

who didn't live in New York, but who wanted to offer commentary

on the so-called black elite.

Commenting on the old guard rules

for becoming part of the negro aristocracy,

Granger reminded readers that it's long

been said that to join the ranks of black society you must,

quote, "take a woman with some family background [? add in ?]

a basic education, toss in some accessible cash,

and mix plentifully with membership in one or two

nationally established clubs or sororities.

And there you have the fundamental requirements

for our social potpourri," unquote.

Yet she notes that there were regional,

or even state to state differences.

She claimed that in the Midwest--

notably Chicago and Detroit--

it's money and more money that makes an ambitious gal

eligible for high society.

In Atlanta, she says it's education.

A PhD is your best bet for social success.

In Charleston, South Carolina, your rank in the social order

is gauged by quote, "the paleness of your skin."

And in Boston, she says it's family background and nothing

else that lets you in.

So she notes here that, whereas people had just

accepted these rules pretty much as gospel,

that in the post World War II era, that people were

challenging these ideas, and that there was opportunity

for people who never would have been considered

part of black society to now enter that said society.

So people were critiquing colorism,

possessing distinguished family name, and requirement

of generational wealth.

Well, essentially the whole entire system--

everything she said that people wanted you to have to be a part

of society--

she says now it's pretty much a no go.

People are trying to throw out these old rules.

So at the end of the three week voting period,

Granger noted that they received hundreds of letters

from readers near and far.

And the Amsterdam News, of course,

published the most provocative missives.

And again, let me say people had many feelings on the topic.

And they was all up in their feelings.

So for example, Ms. Avis [? Malcoa, ?] an employee

of the Edison Hotel, goes in, calling out what she considers

the types of socialites-- the nasty snobs with too much

useless education, the dumb yellow chicks--

these are her words, not mine--

who use their good looks to make up for their lack of pedigree,

and the big shot women who lucked into wealth by hitting

the lottery, but have none of the social graces.

For example, she says, they buy Cadillacs with their winnings,

throw wild parties, drink all the brown liquor, and, quote,

"wind up talking loud and wrong."

[LAUGHTER]

[? Malcoa ?] pivots to acknowledge the women

she feels are outstanding members of our race,

women who have given unselfishly to uplift the race--

the entire race, not just a particular class.

She names Mary McLeod Bethune, who

you're going to hear about in a little bit,

and Marian Anderson as examples.

Eva Tucker, a member of the Metropolitan Mothers Club--

so she would have been one of these society women--

wrote in saying that the modern social leader must

be an intelligent career woman, who must have distinguished

themselves in this community in terms of civic leadership.

She must entertain in good taste and smart style,

because according to Tucker, quote,

"Madam Walker's style of big time entertaining

is no longer fashionable.

People woke up to the fact a long time ago

that spending hundreds and maybe even thousands of dollars

on food and drink for would be friends

wasn't the smartest thing in the world to do," end quote.

On the top of Eve Tucker's list, a society leader

who met all of her requirements was

a woman who most people in this room

have never heard of before--

Mollie Moon.

My talk will center on Moon, the undisputed social queen

of Harlem in the mid 20th century.

In her obituary in 1990, Jet magazine,

one of the black bibles, wrote that Moon

had raised $3.4 million for the National Urban League,

and she'd also helped fundraiser for other smaller Harlem based

organizations and institutions.

Moon is most known for founding the Urban League Guild

and serving as president of the Guild for 50 years.

That's a long time.

[LAUGHTER]

That should tell you something about her personality.

I'm just saying.

The Urban League Guild was the social wing of the National

Urban League that helped translate the organization's

mission to everyday people and wealthy would be donors.

In short, they made the organization look cool and have

broader appeal.

In hip hop parlance, the Guild was the hype man to the emcee.

I first learned of Mollie as a graduate student

trying to learn all I could about

black nationalist protests against a white owned wig shop.

And the more I learned about her and the Beaux-Arts costume ball

and beauty pageant the Guild hosted each year,

the more I became intrigued not only

by how she raised all of that money

and for which specific causes, but by the culture

of fundraising and the lifestyle of a fundraiser,

a social and political powerbroker

and the powerbroker's role within this larger

constellation of activists and intellectuals

who feature prominently in civil rights movement history.

And I've been followed following the money trail,

and it's led me to some interesting places--

some scandalous places, even.

I've also discovered the names of other women like Mollie

who have used their social cache and extensive networks to host

both public and private events for a range of organizations

devoted to racial equality.

So the scholarship has taught us--

and it's a rather robust scholarship

that says that black women were the backbone of the movement.

No matter what period of time we look

at, this is true, whether we are talking about the civil rights

movement, the feminist movement, the Black

Lives Matter movement of today.

Women are the backbone.

However, the nature and international scope

of their fundraising has gone understudied.

So what I've been trying to do then

is piece together this history and understand why these women

are not in the historiography.

So I think part of the problem is a question about paradigms.

So in my first book, Liberated Threads,

I tried to introduce a new way or paradigm

for studying the civil rights movement,

because what I'd realized was that black women's activism had

been kind of categorized into these types--

so the respectable church lady and the radical freedom fighter

being two of them that have emerged from this time period

as lenses for seeing and understanding

black women's cultural and political activism--

and also because questions of periodization and subfield

specific questions have meant that Mollie

Moon and her generation have not been highly visible

because they haven't fit neatly within the black women's club

movement literature, which typically ends

at the start of World War II.

And temporally, Mollie's generation

considered themselves patrons of the arts.

That was one of their major commitments

in terms of their activism, and they'd

fall into this lacuna between the scholarship of the Harlem

Renaissance in the '20s and '30s and the black arts

movement in the '60s and '70s.

So for me, I'm interested in what

they were doing in the '40s and '50s

as it relates to black arts and the protection

and proliferation of black arts in that time period.

Also, I find that we don't see them in the old left

to new left conversation, which typically doesn't focus

on black women much at all, but they also

haven't been taken up in this black internationalism

scholarship either.

And they also aren't part of this black intellectual history

turn, because they sit at this interesting and quite

challenging to recover intersection of civil rights

history, business history, beauty and grooming culture,

fashion, consumer and economics, and also material culture.

So there's this small yet burgeoning body of scholarship

that does this type of recovery work.

So I would say my first two books, I think, do this work

and try to establish a way for doing this work through what I

call eclectic archiving, which, as Meredith mentioned earlier,

requires me to draw from a lot of different types of source

material and also take an interdisciplinary approach

to the study of history.

But then there is also Robert Weems,

Desegregating the Black Dollar.

Susannah Walker, Style and Status.

My colleague Tiffany Gill's Beauty Shop Politics

and her new book on black women and travel.

And as we talk more and more about our work,

we realize we have so many women in common

they overlap in our work.

And then also Quincy Mills, Cutting Along the Color Line,

and his new project, The Wages of Resistance,

which also looks at how the civil rights and black power

organizations negotiated their need for funds and fundraising

with their anti capitalist and anti imperialist ideologies.

In my own work, I'm toying with this concept of black glamor

as a guiding framework to uncover

the modes of embodied activism that Mollie and her peers

employed.

It began with my fascination with our collective fascination

with the black glamor set.

Entire Tumblrs and Instagrams have

been devoted to celebrating black history of glamor

as a way to celebrate our humanity, our style,

our pleasure and joy, the beauty of our people,

to challenge the notion that high femininity and refinement

was solely for white women--

that black women have been about that life,

which is really true.

Look at any time period.

Black women have been glamorous.

Thus glamor becomes an interesting way

to examine insider-outsider cultures and class

categories that become much more malleable when we think

of glamor as a performance, one that

is often more about aspiration than what

one has in the bank account.

So by winning the battle on the taste lines, if not

the front lines, of the movement,

Moon and those who followed in her footsteps

influenced modern rules of etiquette, style, and party

planning that continue to be promulgated by Ladies Home

Journal and W magazine.

So these women, with their impeccable sense of style,

and good looks, and cosmopolitan charm,

had the cultural capital necessary to host

these star studded fundraising events

and exclusive parties that brought politicians, activists,

and prominent philanthropists, such as the Rockefellers,

the Vanderbilts, and the Fields--

of the Marshall Field's department store empire--

and so forth into conversation with one another

and with a wider movement.

So I delve into this opulent world of the black middle class

or this black elite to examine how

conspicuous consumption, pleasure,

and leisure culture both coalesce with

and undermine the aims of the Black Freedom Project.

Specifically, I, like Quincy Mills,

am thinking critically about how Moon and her ilk

are touting relationships with families whose names are

synonymous with American capitalism and heads of state

in the British empire--

of the British empire in the Caribbean,

while activists like Claudia Jones

are using every platform possible to dismantle

imperialism.

But somebody has got to raise the money.

[LAUGHTER]

So if we look at all of these organizations,

we see some ties that raise eyebrows.

Enter the tea and the shade.

So these women were hyper visible in the archive,

and in my own archive I now have over 2,000 clippings

from black newspapers on Moon and Eunice

Johnson, who features prominently in the work,

and also Desiree Rogers, who was the first social secretary

of the Obama administration.

And when I'm reading these newspaper clippings

and putting them in conversation with all sorts

of other material, including literature and menus

from the venues they hosted their events,

from personal correspondence, I see that the tea was spilling,

and the shade was intense, especially from the Baltimore

Afro-American.

That was a shady newspaper.

I love them.

I love reading their account of this black high society

and the fact that they feel like, from their vantage point

in Baltimore, they have the ability

to speak on what's happening in New York, the big town

black society, in ways that the New York Amsterdam News can't

because they are essentially a vehicle of the National Urban

League.

So I want to just talk a little bit about Mollie, a woman

that I have really come to admire a lot.

I love her.

I love writing about complicated black women,

and she is complicated, and complex,

and messy in all the ways that makes my job as a historian

and a storyteller fun.

So I love her.

So to put it bluntly, Mollie was a hustler.

Mollie came from a family of no importance that

wasn't at all wealthy, and that had migrated from the south

to the Midwest.

And in the Midwest, I'm talking about Gary, Indiana.

And I can say it like that because I'm from Indiana.

So by the time I encounter Mollie in the archive,

she is moving back and forth between New York and Gary.

She was born allegedly in 1912.

I don't know.

I just like these women-- are you really telling

the truth about your age?

I don't really know.

So many of her background details

are sketchy because she, like a lot of women

in this interwar period who were moving across the US,

were using this as an opportunity

to remake themselves.

So Mollie attended Meharry Medical College,

and she earned a degree in pharmacy.

She takes a few classes at Columbia's teacher college,

and she eventually becomes a social worker of all things.

And she meets Henry Lee Moon, who

will become her husband, on a trip to Russia

in the early 1930s.

So she did her bit to study abroad,

and she was learning German, too.

And Henry is also from the midwest,

and he's from Cleveland, but from a more prominent family.

His father actually founded the chapter of the NAACP

in Cleveland.

Henry has a degree from Howard.

He pledged Omega Psi Phi, so he has the fraternity credentials

there.

He earned a master's degree, and he's

a journalist writing for the Amsterdam News when they meet.

He goes on to become a public relations

director for the NAACP and also a writer for the crisis.

While Mollie's moving back and forth between her mother's home

in Gary and New York City, where she's meeting all these folks,

she finds that she has a knack for meeting

wealthy, wealthy people--

prominent writers.

For example, I was digging around in the Schlesinger

archive, and I found this letter from Mollie

to writer Dorothy West.

And in it, Dorothy--

for people who don't know, Dorothy

is the daughter of one of the wealthiest black families

in Boston.

And Mollie is saying to her, I'm flat broke.

We should move in together.

[LAUGHTER]

You can help me pay my bills, and we can split our rent.

I think she says here it would be $14 for each of us

if we move in together.

So she has this knack for meeting people,

for making friends.

She's good at corresponding and keeping in touch with people.

And so by the time she marries Henry Lee Moon in 1938,

she is known for being this active woman

on the social scene in New York City.

And let me just say this as an aside.

It just made me love her more, but when

they start corresponding--

I've been all up in their letters--

they write the way we text.

I mean, there's just so many letters,

and he was pretty much engaged to this other woman.

And so Mollie's writing him, oh, hey, hey, all this stuff.

They're friends.

And then before you know it, she has him paying

her mother's medical bills.

[LAUGHTER]

I was like, yes, Mollie.

So anyway, she ends up moving to New York City,

and they get married.

They get a place together, and they

become known as the socialite and the intellectual.

They both see themselves as race people.

She's a race woman.

So she's not just a party planner.

She is also a woman who cares very

much about the equality of black people

and ending racial disparities.

And so she first tries to mold herself

after some of these women of the black 400, as they were known,

these women who--

are you familiar with this language of the 400?

In the late 19th century it was this idea

that, oh, we're going to throw this party,

and we're going to invite--

it can fit 400 people, so we're only

going to invite the most important 400 society people.

So then, of course, black people had their version

of this, the black 400.

So Mollie is trying to model herself

after Bessye Bearden, who is Romare Bearden's mom

and very active on the social and art scenes in Harlem.

But by the time she establishes the Guild in 1942,

she realizes that this is her place,

that this is the way that she can make her mark.

And so in 1947, the Los Angeles Sentinel

writes "undisputed Harlem hostess

beyond comparison this season is individual dynamic Mollie Moon.

Her parties gather the most fascinating people in town.

They're like the Negro Renaissance

era in flavor and texture.

Nobody in town can come near her for sheer excellence

in unusual party giving.

She reigns supreme and legendary."

So these are some images from an Urban League luncheon

that Mollie is hosting.

Mollie is standing with the white blazer on.

So then a pivotal moment happens in her career

as this socialite who's trying to really emerge as a race

woman, as well.

In May, 1951, Mollie called the Hotel Pierre

to book the rooftop garden and secure catering for a party

to be held on the evening of July 20.

Now, the key to being a successful socialite

and hostess is--

as you can imagine, I'm sure-- location, location, location.

You have to have the dopest spots to have your events--

period.

People want to go somewhere that they

can feel like, oh, yes, this is the place to be.

So she's hosting the Urban League's wealthiest donors

at this event, and so she decides

that the Pierre, with its Upper East Side address--

it sits at 2 East 61st and Fifth Avenue--

have that air of refinement and exclusivity

that Mollie needed for the event.

Plus it was a visually stunning hotel from its decor

to its unobstructed views of Central Park.

And so she calls over the phone to book

the garden on the roof for her event, and she's told,

sure, yes, you can book the event there.

We can get the catering set up, et cetera.

So then Mollie strolls into the Pierre to pay her deposit.

This is how I imagine she walked in there.

[LAUGHTER]

I don't know.

And then I imagine her sounding like Eartha Kitt and saying,

yes, darling, I'm here to pay my deposit.

So she goes to pay this deposit, and the assistant

to the catering manager is like, oh, no.

That room is closed.

It's booked that day.

It's booked that day.

I think they told her it was booked that day,

and they told her it was closed.

They told her both.

It's closed for repairs, and it's already booked.

And so she was saying, well, hey, I was told over the phone

that I can make this booking.

And he's like, no, you can't.

The man she spoke to on the phone, a guy named

WM [? Willey, ?] refused to speak to her in person.

And a couple of days later, Mollie had one of her friends

go in there then since they refused

to give her the booking--

the wife of a prominent Wall Street attorney

named Elizabeth [? Fillman ?] and she

had her attempt to book the rooftop for that same day.

So [? Willey, ?] the banquet manager,

asked [? Fillman ?] if any colored persons would be

attending the event she was planning.

He reminded her that the Pierre was a high class hotel.

Once she assured him that no Negroes would be present,

he accepted her booking.

Well, that was all the proof Mollie needed.

She filed a lawsuit against Getty Realty Corporation,

the company that owned the hotel, the banquet manager,

and his assistant under the sections 40 and 41 of the New

York State Civil Rights Law concerning

public accommodations.

And then [? Fillman ?] and another person whom Molly

had booked the rooftop for that day--

for the day before, actually, since she

was told that it was-- one of the excuses

they gave her that it was closed for repairs.

She had both of them testify for her in court.

And the judge presiding over the case

was a man named Abraham Goodman, who presided over

one of the first cases tried in New York following

the enactment of the civil rights law.

So Mollie won her case and received a $600 settlement.

So the max she could receive was $500 per defendant,

and so she wins this $600, and people see this as a victory.

And the Baltimore Afro-American writes the Urban League Guild

was, quote, "more militant than the parent group

which organized it."

Shade, right?

I just love it.

So they're saying basically that Mollie was bold enough

to do something that even the Urban League

Guild doesn't use as a tactic.

She was using the court systems in her favor,

and once she did this, her popularity really skyrocketed.

Just as a note of aside here in terms of methods,

once I found this lawsuit, I started to, A, look

to see if there were other similar lawsuits.

Are these socialite women who want to host garden rooftop

parties saying, well, listen, if you won't give us bookings,

we will sue you.

Some I'm looking for that, but I'm also

keeping a list of hotels that are mentioned

in the black press as places that allowed

them to host these events.

And so here's a list of the names

that I've come across so far.

Now, I will admit most of my research

has been going through documents based on Mollie in New York

City, so I imagine that, as I dig

into the research in DC and Chicago,

more hotels will be added to this list.

So like I said, after this event--

after the lawsuit, Mollie's popularity soars.

And she's honored as woman of the year for her 14

years of [? inspiring ?] and distinguished leadership

with the Urban League Guild, the Harlem Hospital

Auxiliary, and the Spence-Chapin adoption service.

And it's noted in the publication--

this is not about that--

I just like this because she's wearing a fur and a big hat,

and I love a big hat.

But this image-- it just kind of speaks to the identity

that she's trying to create at the time.

But when she receives this award,

Ralph J. Bunche presents her with the award,

and so the black press is like, Mollie's famous.

Ralph Bunche is presenting her with an award.

And then the legendary journalist and society woman

Gerri Major, who was part of the black 400,

toasted Mollie, as well as her very good friend,

Jeanne Murray Vanderbilt, the wife of Alfred Vanderbilt II.

So she has these famous and important friends

who see her as an important woman,

and also in 1959 she was honored alongside Lorraine Hansberry

for her commitment to civic welfare.

So they're feting Lorraine Hansberry,

and Mollie is right there with Lorraine Hansberry.

I'm saying this just to give you a sense

of the scope of her popularity and the reach,

but she was also this very polarizing figure.

So on the one hand, she has the engine

of the black press who's promoting

everything she's doing.

On the other hand-- except for the Baltimore Afro-American.

They're not having anything--

they will critique her when they feel like it's necessary,

but she's also the subject of much scrutiny and criticism.

She's accused of misappropriating funds,

and that was actually a very interesting article to read,

where basically the New York Amsterdam

News reports that the Urban League is like, OK, hands off.

We're going to let them figure it out

because a white woman was claiming

that Mollie misappropriated funds for events.

So they kind of took a hands off approach

and let Molly handle it.

There was also lots of gossip about her alleged affairs,

and in the mid 1960s, she sued a very prominent and wealthy

white socialite for $1 million for defamation.

There was scrutiny about her interracial approach

to race relations, and one of the most fascinating things

I found on this was a book by Chester Himes,

a social and political satire called Pinktoes.

It was published in 1961--

where Moon is the inspiration for the maligned protagonist

Mamie Mason.

And so Himes is critical of Mamie Mason

and these interracial parties that she

throws, which he considers orgies for the racial uplift

cause.

And what's interesting is that Himes

is first cousins to Mollie's husband, Henry,

and so he was actually living with Mollie and Henry

at the time that he's doing all this research for the book.

And then he writes this scathing piece on interracial race

relations and their parties for the book.

Got to love family.

[LAUGHTER]

It's an interesting book.

You should check it out.

So in my last few minutes, I want

to say a little bit specifically about fundraising here.

So as I mentioned earlier, one of Mollie's most popular events

was the Beaux-Arts Ball, which she started hosting in 1942.

And these balls were the major fundraisers

for the Urban League Guild.

As you can see here--

well, first let me point out this is Mollie here.

Isn't that a hat?

That's a hat, isn't it?

So this is the Beaux-Arts queen for that year.

Do you know who this is?

- [INAUDIBLE].

- Right.

So we got Josephine Baker here.

I mean, when Mollie can make Josephine Baker look

like just a regular person when she's like woo.

[LAUGHTER]

So I love this picture.

This is from another ball, and remember,

they were costume balls, so each year had a theme.

[? They're ?] [? looking ?] like she's like, I hear you, bro,

but no.

Her body language here is so interesting,

but this is another one of the balls,

and then here's Mollie with Gordon Parks and Gloria

Vanderbilt at another one of the balls.

So these are the major fundraisers.

They were public, and it was the social event

of the year for blacks in Harlem,

but also people traveling from out of town

to attend this event.

And by 1955, the year after Betty Granger's Amsterdam News

series on social leaders, Mollie's Beaux-Arts ball

had raised nearly $420,000 in today's figures

for the Urban League.

And it was one of the most popular events on the New York

social calendar, which, as I mentioned,

brought together celebrities, everyday folks,

philanthropists, and so forth.

And it was fueled by this Miss Beaux-Arts pageant, which

is how I stumbled across Mollie to begin with,

because one of their pageant queens

was the face of this white owned wig shop

that my black nationalist folk, Kwame Brathwaite,

were protesting against.

So I was like, this woman's a Beaux-Arts queen.

What's a Beaux-Arts queen?

So that's how I found Mollie-- through the pageant, which

was sponsored by the Schaefer Brewing Company.

And they put forth all this money

to fund the beauty pageant, and each year people

would vote on a slate of beauty queen contestants.

And they've noted in the Amsterdam News

that they would have upwards of a million people voting

for the Beaux-Arts queen, so this just

gives you a sense of the scope.

But I don't want to go on too much about these balls,

because at the end of the day, a gala is a gala.

A lot of us have been to those events before.

What I have found fascinating is the emphasis

on these fashion shows--

fashion shows as fundraisers.

So they were common in the early 20th century amongst

the original black 400 and people like [? Bernie ?]

[? Austen ?] and Bessye Bearden, and A'Lelia Walker would host

these events, these fundraiser events,

that featured the fashions of a lot of black women designers,

but with the Great Depression and then also the rations

on textiles during World War II they kind of fell out of vogue.

But when I looked through some of the clippings

in terms of where Mollie was going

or what the Urban League Guild was up to,

they decided to host their Urban League Guild executive

meeting in Chicago during--

to coincide with the Urban Aid's,

which was like the local Chicago version of the Urban League

Guild--

their annual fashion show to see if that model which

had been successful in Chicago could be a fundraising

model they could implement in other guilds

across the country.

So it looks to me that Mollie does decide

that fashion shows would be good fundraisers for the Guild,

and by 1959 not only are the fashion

shows regular fundraisers, Mollie partners

with Eunice Johnson, who is the founder of the Ebony Fashion

Fair and wife of John Johnson, who, of course, owns Johnson

Publication-- so Ebony, Jet, Negro Digest-- to bring

the Ebony Fashion Fair to the Waldorf Astoria

in New York in 1959.

And I don't know about you all, but I grew up--

we had Ebony Fashion Fair in my hometown when I grew up.

It was a big thing, but I never realized what the fashion fair

was other than a fashion fair.

A local organization would host the fair,

and they would use the moneys raised

to support whatever cause was the cause of that year

for the organization.

So by the time Mollie had brought

the fashion fair to New York City,

the fair had traveled to 51 cities and 31 states.

Enter Mary McLeod Bethune, who I mentioned earlier,

who, at this point in the late 1940s,

is still the President of the National Association of Negro

Women.

And she sponsors the creation of the National Association

of Fashion and Accessories Designers.

We'll just call it NAFAD.

So I say late '40s because this is when NAFAD is founded.

So by the time we get to the late 1950s

when these fashion shows are very common,

we have an organization for black women fashion

and accessories designers.

Now think about this.

In this era of Jim Crow, the fashion industry

was segregated.

So these black women who were trying

to move from being deemed as seamstresses to being designers

are now trying to get work in the haute couture industry,

but they can't find jobs.

So NAFAD becomes a vehicle through which

they can work on professionalization, where

they can develop their craft.

They can establish and extend their professional networks.

And it becomes a place where they can brand themselves

as designers.

And so NAFAD helped launch the careers of people

like Lois Alexander, who now a lot of people

know because she designed Jackie Kennedy's wedding gown.

And Zelda Wynn Valdes--

I'm writing a piece for Valdes for the New York

Times that will hopefully be published in a few days.

But they are using these fashion show fundraisers

as a way to launch their career, so very much we

see this emphasis on equality in all types of employment

industries and the rise in fashion

shows as fundraisers as interlocked.

And I think it's really important

to think about Mary McLeod Bethune in this moment,

because I think that the way we've constructed her

as a woman who's interested in the equality of women,

and women's rights, and also black education-- we wouldn't

associate her with something like fashion, which

people think is frivolous.

But what she says--

this is another industry where black women need work.

This is another industry where we're

trying to cast off this idea of black women

as servants or in the servile industries

that the language like seamstress

had historically evoked for black women.

So I'm still trying to weave together

this fashion show piece, but I think

it's going to be really critical to the book--

this fashion as fundraiser piece.

I have about five minutes left.

I'm going to conclude here.

So my research assistant found this article

in the New York Amsterdam News, and when I saw it,

I cracked up, because does anybody

know what chitterlings are, or chitlins, as we call them?

So sell chitlin dinners to decorate lobby.

And Mollie's name is mentioned in this story,

and I'm like, whoa, OK.

Everything that they've tried to do to create

this image of glamor--

chitlins ain't that.

[LAUGHTER]

It's these pig intestine scraps that black folks have

turned into fine cuisine in our community.

Listen, for people who still eat pork,

when the chitlins hit the table during Thanksgiving,

this is a big deal.

My mom thinks she can make chitlins.

[LAUGHTER]

I don't eat pork no more, so I don't even

have to contend with that.

I don't have to tell her if she can or can't.

I don't think she probably can, though.

So to me, when I think about this idea of selling

chitlin dinners, this type of fundraising that we associate

with the black church--

when you have a building fund, it takes you 10 years,

and you still haven't built one new part of the building,

but it's funded off of these chicken dinners, and chitlin

dinners, and so on and so forth.

So the fact that they were using this language

to talk about society women I found interesting.

Now, if you look at the year here, this is 1973.

And so for me, I'm intrigued not just by the chitlins piece,

but by the year, because by '73 when

we're in this kind of height of the black power and soul era,

you have these socialite women who

are reclaiming these quaint southern culinary traditions.

And I thought this was really interesting, especially

after reading all this stuff and learning information

about all the top black women caterers who would

cater these private events.

I've learned so much about vintage champagne,

because that was the thing to have.

Everybody had vintage champagne.

Gordon Parks threw a party at his summer house

where he had 12 cases of vintage champagne,

and 100 pounds of barbecued chicken,

and so on and so forth.

So to see this piece that's dealing with--

that's talking about selling chitlin dinners

to decorate a lobby.

It's one of these coteries who probably came up

the ranks through the fashion shows that Molly hosted who's

trying to redecorate the lobby of her high rise apartments

in Harlem.

And so they're selling chitlin dinners as a way to do this.

And so I'm intrigued by this because I want to know,

is there another shift that happens in black society

life in the 1970s?

Where does this story go?

Because I feel like I'm starting to get a handle

on Mollie's generation, how they're

defining glamor, and high society, and black life,

and who gets to be in, and who isn't in.

But what happens when we get to that black power movement era

where there starts to be more pushback

against interracial activism, when

the critiques against capitalism and imperialism

reach this fever pitch?

I want to know what happens to Mollie and people of her ilk.

We know Mollie still continues to be

the president of the Urban League Guild

because she reigns for 50 years.

That is a long time.

I'm sorry.

Every time I hear that figure--

but I'm interested to see what changes, because--

I guess I do have two minutes.

I can say this.

The book end for me in terms of how I'm thinking about it now--

who knows what will happen when it actually

becomes a book project?

But Desiree Rogers, for me, is an important figure

that links the Mollie Moon era with this more present

and contemporary moment.

She's the first social secretary of the Obama administration,

and she's from New Orleans.

She's a self-proclaimed descendant of New Orleans

voodoo queen and socialite Marie Laveau,

but doesn't everybody say they're

the descendant of Marie Laveau?

Everybody says that, right?

But she's claiming there's a certain multigenerational tie

to hosting and being able to work closely with the most

powerful people in a society.

And so she's saying I come from a particular tradition

of fundraising.

And so before she becomes social secretary,

she gets the gig because of her uncanny ability

to raise money for Obama's 2008 campaign.

So this Harvard MBA hosted events

for Chicago's white and black business elite in her home

and used her training and marketing

to, quote unquote, "brand" Obama for the social media

generation, but her visibility also made her a target.

I don't know if you all remember that two reality TV

stars crashed the White House state dinner,

and Desiree Rogers is forced to fall on her sword and resign.

But part of the reason why I think

that she's forced to resign is because she's so visible.

Here's an article of her on the cover of Wall Street Journal.

Before we were thinking about Michelle Obama

as this fashionista and beauty image,

it was Desiree Rogers who was branding herself like this.

In true black society woman form,

she was using the media as a way to not only brand Obama,

but brand herself, and social secretaries

had never before done that.

How many social secretaries can you name?

But you can name her.

And she goes on after she's dismissed

to become the CEO of Johnson Publications.

So I think that is very interesting, because we've

seen how Mollie partnered with Johnson

Publications and the Ebony Fashion Fair

in the mid 20th century.

So this just shows how small this black elite community is.

So I'm trying to figure out, what

is this meaty middle tissue in the '70s, '80s,

and early '90s that gives us someone like a Desiree Rogers

and someone who still sees herself as very much wedded

to these traditions of socialite activism

and fundraising of her foremothers?

Thank you.

[APPLAUSE]

For more infomation >> Socialite-Activists and the Black Freedom Struggle | Tanisha C. Ford || Radcliffe Institute - Duration: 45:44.

-------------------------------------------

PDR Undented! 2015 Focus Collision gets some TLC #pdr #Ford #undented - Duration: 6:58.

hello world PDR coming at you here with a 2015 Ford Focus with kind of a I would

say it's a either a super minor collision or a full shopping cart but I

think in this case it was another vehicle if we analyze in this dance what

we're talking about is this bar okay I don't know what that was and then we've

got this other brow we've got two smaller dance right here the main dent

right here and it does go through the body line I've got it nice and warm I've

got it heated up to about a hundred degrees and then if you look underneath

here you see where this dent was made there's a brace underneath here that's a

diagonal brace when this thing was rubbed up against it

pushed out on that race so first things first I will say this I sure do

appreciate everybody that clicks on this video I really do we've got the

microphone on hopefully you can hear me okay make sure that it's in the right

location because it was hidden so there we go and messing with the mic is way

professional so here's what we want to do first things first we want to start

banging down some of this line we want to bang down some of this brow up here

bring some of these back together

jackhammer this top edge so at this point in the videos when I say I sure do

appreciate everybody that clicks on this video I really do if you guys don't mind

hitting the subscribe button and toggling the Bell we sure love to see

the community grow now what I'm doing is I basically turned off the heat because

I don't need a little bit better I'm gonna take some of these brows down and

guys this is a I'm checking you know I'm checking my access like this with number

one I can go in and actually get to a lot of this dent right here you can see

that I'm right in the center of it but that is not what I want to do I

don't want to just instantly get in here and push because all of this tension in

the middle so I think what we're gonna do is do about a half an hour worth of

tapping and wife we can do some speed ease or you know I don't know montage it

and then we'll come back and show you when I've got my tools in there and

we're taking this down out and basically work these two out and this one out here

and come back and show you the the work in process in just a bit I like to show

everything if I can you know a lot of the people out there in the industry

they're trying to be really secretive about paintless dent repair you know

it's like oh yeah drop off your car and I'll have it done in an hour and then

they sleep in there and do it five minutes and it's like I love it when

people watch me and then the videos are just trying to give out the information

you know tell people what it's like to if they're a DIY or whatever tell me if

you're ready hang you're recording oh well we're back we're doing some of

these dents right here

got it nice and warm and I'm just right up here getting that little guy out

squishy on it right in the center there and it's a tough push just trying to

baby it and it's not wanting to come out and it still has some tension in man now

let's get down to this big area and see if we can move that metal take a look

into the fog I'm going for the very bottom but let's see if we can get down

to it

now we're gonna make some real soft pushes guys this is where the real magic

happens and this top edge I don't want to work it completely I want to actually

get down to the bottom edge a little bit

it's kind of a braced so I can get to this top edge I'm gonna keep on it get

what I can out of it and I think I'm gonna have to use a different tool to

get into the bottom edge

nice soft tip hot metal slow easy pushes just using patience and there's a point

when I know that it doesn't want to move because there's still tension in this

metal so what I'm gonna do now is keep on tapping some of these brows down tap

some more this little line down try to get my tool into this little bottom edge

get this thing looking clean up and we'll come back to you guys and show you

the end result in just a bit okay world we're back here's what we ended up with

I think we got into that that expectation level that I said showed it

to the customer they're super happy with it and the the highest brow up here was

the big the big problem obviously we had this line that went through this

diagonally most of that came out really nice no push marks no cracked paint hate

it with a little bit of touch-up paint at the very end here and other than that

you know I think we just did what we could I even jumped down here and took

out a little bit of this one right here because it was a same thing that

happened hit this one a little bit so I got this one out um other than that hey

guys you know I'll just uh I'll just kind of leave you with this if you would

hit us up with a like and a sub button we sure appreciate that but you know hey

other than that this thing came out pretty darn nice for what we said we do

and what we did I'll just say the thing this has been PDR a time out piece

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét