Thứ Hai, 29 tháng 10, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Oct 29 2018

Hi everyone and welcome to the car man's channel you have Jamie Jones the car man and I am going to show you how to

Remove and reinstall a Ford Focus alternator

And if you need help with this you are definitely in the right spot now in our description

We will have a list of the tools used as well as links to the products

If you would like to buy an alternator, we will have that for you

now what you see in front of you is a remanufactured alternator a

Lot of times, I suggest mine used but this particular case, I do not with an alternator because they these particular

Alternators are known to go bad and they burn out pretty regular so it's not a big deal

The battery light may be shown in your car or your battery may be constantly dying

I would have it tested before I actually replaced it because it is a little cumbersome as far as work goes

Step one is going to be to remove the terminals off your battery because as you see here on the positive

I already have them pre loosened for video purposes, but there is a direct positive cable going straight to your alternator and

That particular thing

you will call it will arc and spark as you try to try to take it off the alternator here in a minute when we

Get down to that point and just for general purposes safeties. We don't want to short anything out

We don't want any bad stuff happening

So the safest thing to do is just to loosen these out also quick tip while you're here

Check your terminals get you a little guide like this

Make sure they're clean takes a few seconds and just keeps the contacts nice whenever you get messing with a battery

It's always good to keep an eye on these things a little bit of maintance goes a long way with batteries

We have a fusible link on the focus. It's located on the top of your valve cover and you see it right there. It's busted

Now you can you can get a fusible link from either online. I'll try to put a link on it for you and

Pretty simple to switch out. You see it's burnt right in half and

I went ahead and remove this cover so you kind of get an idea

So it's just kind of pinched in there with your cable

with that fusible link

It doesn't matter if you put a new alternator in or not the battery lights going to stay on you're not going to charge correctly

secondly have

A1c. The number one right there the one amp use

That's it. That's what it controls our alternator. That's what overrides the circuit for the alternator circuit

Some focuses are different

but I just wanted you guys to get that opportunity to double check both of these things before diving off into this and

I'll get into the battery and

Step two we are going to be accessing the alternator from underneath the vehicle from the passenger side. So we want to have a safe

Safe elevated vehicle as you see we use a jack the jack is still under it

And after we got it high enough for me to get clearance

We actually use this as a 6-ton jack stand you can use a lighter one

We prefer six tons because we know that it's nice solid and safe

What we're looking at now on step four will be the dust cover covering up to the serpentine belt

There will be two fasteners the first ones in number eight

I'll be using a Milwaukee 3/8 drive

Okay, there we go bolt number one to keep up with your fasteners because

We definitely will need to put it back together

I know a lot of people think that they save gas money by putting cars back together with less parts

Although there is an argument for that. I guess probably better just to go back and put it the way it came apart

All right. Let's see if you can actually see the second one

All right, you see where I'm at right here and it's just like I said, it's just too fast

When she comes down, all right

Let's gently take that out. We want to make sure nothing else is going on

All right step four is now complete

Okay, so the step five is going to be releasing the tension off the belt

As you see I just have a 15 millimeter wrench where my fingers going to this is going to be the small pulley

That's sitting beside the crank

You see the big pulley on the bottom look directly right beside it going towards the passenger. I mean, sorry

Towards the passenger firewall side of the car towards the back

You just put it on there. And what we're gonna do is we're gonna pull down on it be very careful. I do have a

Piggyback wrench on it which allows you to do a little extra torque

I'm gonna take it off off camera, but I'll just show you what I'm talking about

Because I am doing this by hand as you see the do you see the lever moving up there?

Alright so that concludes step five I'm going to do this and pull the belt off and we'll get right back

For step six, so we're requiring no tools as we go under the engine compartment

We are on the passenger side and you see the reservoir, duh?

It's known as power steering has the yellow lid take a look here on the sides. It has three points of contact

It's basically just pinched in there with rubber. You can just pop it out and all we really want to do at this point you

Just set it out of the way

Because we need access to the top stud

For the alternator Mountain

Okay with the power, okay, so the next part of this job

Is going to be removed

You see it right there

That is a 15 millimeter bolt and then that is an e torque stud this is on the bottom kind of face in the fender

And then moving around you'll see this little 14 millimeter bolt. Just sitting there

Hopefully they're coming to screen for you. We're gonna go ahead and pull that one out. And as far as

unhooking the alternator

You see it's got a connection right here

Which is just a little 10 millimeter and then another 10 millimeter that has that post

Attached and then you see a clip

Unfortunately because of the angle I won't be able to just actually show you me taking those off

But just for the record the top is still in as far as the stud is there so it will hold it please wear safety

Glasses and I shall tell you in just a second if you can leave the top stud in or not

Okay, be right back. Okay guys, I was in fact able to leave the stud at the very top stud on

This is what we're working with right here. I

Just went to input that 15 millimeter back on and that is what an e 8 looks like that's external torques

Stud on the bottom. It will have to come out

the other

Fastener that is on the bottom is a 13 millimeter and the two fasteners that hold the wires in are 10 millimeter

What you see, we've just completely removed for the simplicity of taking this out

Also, there is a clip. It's just a push in and pop out

So what you're gonna find yourself is now, you've got it out and you will see it's wedged up nice and tight in

Between the rack right here. And of course the engine block and you're like car man, how am I gonna get out of this?

No problem

We're gonna take the 13 millimeter out of this dog. Boom joint right here this motor mount little 13 millimeter

No big deal

pops out and then

Amazing thing happens, please. Excuse me for making you drunk. I'm going to

attempt to film this on

The go here now you see right here where your CV axles at

And you'll see a nice little metal block right here you don't need much

All you would really need

I'm gonna move this and it should just fall right out

Okay

I'm on the metal block here

I'm gonna have to give it some love, but you see what I'm doing with the engine

I'm able to move the engine with that thing out and I'm gonna be able to

Well, if you take a look the starters just caught right there. Let's see if we can go ahead and take this

Let's see what happens here unless I can actually just pick this up

Alright

There's not a whole lot I can really freakin do

Okay, the cameras just in the way but you get the gist the one I'm saying you're gonna have to move this back pull the

Alternator out. Alright, give me a second. We're gonna go over our tools and catch you up and see how this all went down

Okay, everybody. We got that bad boy out

It's time for me to show you what I use. If you wouldn't mind, please subscribe to the channel we could definitely use the

Support as well as a share and a like man, that would be awesome if you could do that

secondly

Anything I'm getting ready to show you is gonna be available in our links below and please shop our amazon

It does support us. Of course, we do appreciate that keeps us making this great material and definitely take our links on the bottom

And I'm gonna go ahead and anything I think it's pertinent in this little description. I will to share with you as well

One thing that I love I love my Milwaukee. This is the fuel and I'm pretty sure it's the

2767 my memories not that great. Yeah

2767 fuel that is one bad boy

You don't need that that's overkill, but I use it for the lug nuts along with a 19 millimeter

Socket that's how all Ford Focuses that's what their wheels are made of. Okay. Also you use the little

Milwaukee

And then I used a three hundred lumen light

So that's why you could see everything that's going on down there gotta have great light. You got to have some safety glasses

Meanwhile, as far as hand tools that we use

I use the 15 millimeter to take the tension off and then I used a 15 millimeter

Ratcheting for the top nut. That was the 15 millimeter on top of the

Alternator bracket, so I use two different types of t millimeter wrenches, and then I used to piggyback for torque on the tension

Meanwhile, I also had to have an e eight which is a colonel Torx bit. This is with a

Quarter inch adapter so I could run a 3/8 drive in it because the bolt is extremely long as you see right here

I did leave the top stud on no problem

and that of course is the 15 millimeter that goes

Nut that holds it on

Okay. Also, we had to use a

Trying to get tore trying to get to it

We used a 13 millimeter to bust this one off. This is the third bracket that was on the

Alternator third bracket bolt and then as far as sockets

We used an eight and a ten for the dust cover and then a 15 millimeter deep for the bolt

which we were just talking about and then a 13 millimeter for the

Bolts on the

The motor mount and as well as the 13 millimeter

for

the third mount for the alternator

Anyway, guys, that's a wrap man. We sure appreciate it and wait wait

Wait, I did use a 3/8 ratchet to break it free and I also use an extension

Okay now we're ready to break it free around we're ready to wrap it up

Peace and love man nothing, but love from you from the car man if I can do anything for you. Hit me up

24-7 baby. I got a roll now and get ready for our next episodes the

For more infomation >> How To Replace A Ford Focus Alternator, Fuse and Fusible Link - Duration: 12:30.

-------------------------------------------

Ford Probe - Duration: 3:25.

Subscribe to the channel

For more infomation >> Ford Probe - Duration: 3:25.

-------------------------------------------

Teen Titans Go! I See You! Episode 109 - Emily Ford - Duration: 3:45.

PLEASE, LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE and SUBCRIBE my video! Thank you very much!

I

Always thought crime was a leg, bro

There has been a rash of crimes in and around jump City a stakeout

Only the best way to fight crime stop criminals have secrets and it's our job to ferret them out

this is going to be a two-man operation - one man, beautiful and

You'll see you

The stakeout is just a way for me to be alone with Starr file in my me from Starfire on my face right here

Only date I have explored with that option by the end of the evening lips on lips will be happening

$0.03 let's go

Are you going on your business?

Take out rule one located in of criminal activity

Indirect observation a mirror a car window my eyes

Concealment observe without being observed. It's shiny like

We factory to the eyes

That's what she was writing in that diary

Peaceful is so handsome. I'm gonna kiss his pretty face. The words are moving

I

Never knew the steakhouse was made for state

but are we not breaking rule three the concealment, but first you must excuse me while I put on my face I

am ready

Rule 3 the concealment

Come Robin, we spent all that time in a room and we didn't find out if I was your secret

Natural crystals is no

Robin welcome come in come in

What I call this one the pain of defeat and this one, I just call Titans I

Want anyone to know she likes me, I must cleanse myself of darkness

That's a picture of me sigh

You know what that means?

My first stakeout was a great success me what but instead

I learned a lesson sweet in the love of my life. You are a great detective. I'm proud of you

I could not have done it without your guidance part

For more infomation >> Teen Titans Go! I See You! Episode 109 - Emily Ford - Duration: 3:45.

-------------------------------------------

Teen Titans Go! Money Grandma Episode 108 - Emily Ford - Duration: 3:49.

PLEASE, LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE and SUBCRIBE my video! Thank you very much!

Why not

Cyborg, you know him as a superhero. No, I did not know that just look

Just look what we caught Beast Boy saying yeah, bro sup guys

Obviously, he just edited those clips together to make us not afraid to tell you the hard truth vote

Oh

That was very well made Robin, but I'm not even running against you

No one is exactly it by inspiring a country with his military leadership and humility

Don't you remember last year?

And no one else

Congratulations, Robin

Can I count on your vote

This must be from my epic victory against the hive yesterday I

Wish to eat your one with your physique similar to our you

But I think we can all agree the video proves. I would make the best leader

someone needs to talk some sense into him and I know exactly who

Robin we feel you have lost the vision of what is most important in a leader

It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, who's that

I think it's the grandma being a true leader. Robin is like being a gardener. I think I understand you

a

Group brought together by discipline to stop

Guilty as

Charged at yes. Yes. Okay. Then I asked you good swing you see here's the thing

You are evading. Nope. Yes, it's true. I

Farted ice I rest my case

It's a tie what you guys didn't vote no

fish

And the winner will lead no

More than cherry trees with this ax child

My yield good luck effective immediately George Washington is the leader of the Teen Titans

He didn't he did Robin became the first President of the United States more or less

For more infomation >> Teen Titans Go! Money Grandma Episode 108 - Emily Ford - Duration: 3:49.

-------------------------------------------

Teen Titans Go! Pirates Episode 107 - Emily Ford - Duration: 3:39.

PLEASE, LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE and SUBCRIBE my video! Thank you very much!

Oh

Robbie I'm here and sharks. Just shrimp. I'll bring it up. Where's the threat threat? What are you talking about?

That little guy was my partner sure he was a loose cannon, but he always got the job done

Pretty cool you mean a little dude with the hoodie?

dude, oh

She's pretty dark, which is cool too bad. She's always playing hard-to-get. I'm gonna talk to her

What you doing? Then make me look good

It really highlights those gorgeous eyes what you're doing here. It's not gonna work and even if it did

What is your fault for trusting a pirate yeah

Hey guys, where's Raven you have to speak his language so down the hall

What we had a date I never said yes

You're standing right on that turtle's eyeball. He'll be fine. They're very resilient

Seriously, I'm not nervous. You just don't know what you're getting into with me. Oh

Thanks this

So what I'm supposed to fall for you because you show me some dancing just wait

That was intense circle of life baby for the first time, I feel like someone gets me

Raven wants someone who can match her intensity

Okay

Do you have the date just hanging out with Aqualad?

No

Okay, that's not intense in fact Beast Boy you are the up I got something you might like

Hey looks so natural upon your shoulder

Anyway, I thought we could drop by the Piranha grill step aside you little Goblin

Don't want you fighting over me. I'm sorry

Now look I really like I'm not gonna fight back right

Right or not, these are dark woman

Why did he not use his pie-rats sword I was wondering the same thing I

Told you he wasn't a pirate

so mama want to check out those skeletons now I said

I

Was pretty intense see a little Goblin

For more infomation >> Teen Titans Go! Pirates Episode 107 - Emily Ford - Duration: 3:39.

-------------------------------------------

Ford Fiesta Black 3 Door for Sale at T Williams Car Sales - Duration: 2:17.

For more infomation >> Ford Fiesta Black 3 Door for Sale at T Williams Car Sales - Duration: 2:17.

-------------------------------------------

Ford S-Max 1.6 ECOBOOST PLATINUM NL-AUTO Nav/Panoramadak - Duration: 1:09.

For more infomation >> Ford S-Max 1.6 ECOBOOST PLATINUM NL-AUTO Nav/Panoramadak - Duration: 1:09.

-------------------------------------------

Ford Focus Wagon 1.6 TDCi ECO Navi 1e Eigenaar Dealeronderhouden - Duration: 1:00.

For more infomation >> Ford Focus Wagon 1.6 TDCi ECO Navi 1e Eigenaar Dealeronderhouden - Duration: 1:00.

-------------------------------------------

Ford Transit Courier GB 1.5 TDCi Duratorq 75pk Trend - Duration: 0:52.

For more infomation >> Ford Transit Courier GB 1.5 TDCi Duratorq 75pk Trend - Duration: 0:52.

-------------------------------------------

Ford apresenta resultados positivos com SUVs e picapes - Duration: 2:20.

For more infomation >> Ford apresenta resultados positivos com SUVs e picapes - Duration: 2:20.

-------------------------------------------

Ford EcoSport 1.0 EcoBoost 125pk ST-Line - Duration: 1:11.

For more infomation >> Ford EcoSport 1.0 EcoBoost 125pk ST-Line - Duration: 1:11.

-------------------------------------------

Ford Fiesta 1.0 Champion - Duration: 1:11.

For more infomation >> Ford Fiesta 1.0 Champion - Duration: 1:11.

-------------------------------------------

Ford Ranger 2.2 TDCi 160PK 4X4 SC AUT Limited - Duration: 1:11.

For more infomation >> Ford Ranger 2.2 TDCi 160PK 4X4 SC AUT Limited - Duration: 1:11.

-------------------------------------------

Ford Transit Connect 1.8 TDCI 66KW AIRCO/NAVIGATIE/SCHADEVRIJ 65.000 KM - Duration: 0:53.

For more infomation >> Ford Transit Connect 1.8 TDCI 66KW AIRCO/NAVIGATIE/SCHADEVRIJ 65.000 KM - Duration: 0:53.

-------------------------------------------

Ford Ka 1.3 Summer Edition - Duration: 1:11.

For more infomation >> Ford Ka 1.3 Summer Edition - Duration: 1:11.

-------------------------------------------

R99121RO Used 2014 Ford Fiesta S FWD 4D Hatchback White Test Drive, Review, For Sale - - Duration: 1:09.

Have you been searching for a reliable four door hatchback with low mileages?

Then check out this white 2017 ford fiesta.

It only has just under 86,000 miles on the odometer and gets up to 37 miles per gallon

on the highway.

When it comes to performance, It has a 1.6L I4 engine with a 5-speed manual transmission.

With 6-speaker sound system, you will enjoy the tunes of an AM/FM radio along with a cd

and mp3 player.

Sync communications is also available, so you can connect your mobile device to this

fiesta with ease.

Your safety will also be enhanced thanks to the electronic stability control, braking

assist and dual front and side impact airbags.

An emergency communication system is also there for some added peace of mind in the

event of any emergency.

Never be surprised by a flat tire thanks to the low tire pressure warning gauge.

And with the occupant sensing airbags, your passenger will also feel safe.

This 2017 ford fiesta has passed our fully-certified 172 point inspection and is ready for you

to come try it before you buy it with our exclusive and free 48 hour test drive.

For more infomation >> R99121RO Used 2014 Ford Fiesta S FWD 4D Hatchback White Test Drive, Review, For Sale - - Duration: 1:09.

-------------------------------------------

Ford Transit 280M 2.2 TDCI ECONOMY EDITION VOORZIEN VAN DUBBELE ZIJSCHUIFDEUR !!!! - Duration: 1:11.

For more infomation >> Ford Transit 280M 2.2 TDCI ECONOMY EDITION VOORZIEN VAN DUBBELE ZIJSCHUIFDEUR !!!! - Duration: 1:11.

-------------------------------------------

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium Clima Navigatie Audio 17"LM 140Pk! - Duration: 1:12.

For more infomation >> Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium Clima Navigatie Audio 17"LM 140Pk! - Duration: 1:12.

-------------------------------------------

Ford Fusion Hybrid Energi Transmission Fluid Change 2016 - Duration: 5:18.

Today I'm going to show you how I put some fresh transmission fluid into a 2016 Ford Fusion.

It's a good idea to do this because, like

most hybrids, the motor generators share the same fluid as the transmission.

So there's a fair amount of wear in the fluid and you want to use the merkon LV.

And I'm going to use this empty bottle as a home pump. To get this fluid into the transmission.

We'll get into that a little bit later. But essentially,

I'm using a 3/8 inch automotive hose pressed firmly onto a cap. And then this 3/8 inch

vinyl hose fits nicely inside of the 3/8 inch automotive hose.

So we'll get back to that in a little bit. This vinyl tubing is the perfect size to fit

snuggly into the filler hole for the transmission. This is a 10 millimeter

socket which we will need to remove the under-shield. And you're also going to

need a 14 millimeter socket for the filler plug of the transmission.

This is a 3/16 inch allen wrench that we're going to need to remove the drain plug.

And to begin, go ahead and turn your steering wheel all the way to the left.

That's going to give you a little bit better access to where we're working.

And lift the car up. I lifted the car on the left wheel as you can see.

I've already removed some of the bolts for the under-shield. The under-shield takes long enough

to get off, that it's probably a good idea to do this along with an oil change just to save time.

I'll do a quick walk around so that you can see there's 10 or 11 of

these bolts holding the under-shield on the car. And then here's the 14 millimeter to

remove the filler plug. It's always a good idea to find and make sure you can

loosen the filler plug before you drain the fluid out of the transmission.

So, as you can see, right in front of the left front axle is the 14 millimeter hex head for the filler plug.

Let me give you a closer look

Okay, so it's this head right here in front of the axle. And once you've

managed to loosen that, you can find it the drain plug because it's directly

underneath the filler. So again, go straight down this is the drain plug.

It doesn't look anything like the filler plug. So again, directly below the filler

is the drain plug. The drain plug is a simple plug with a tapered thread.

And it's designed to be removed with a 3/16 Allen wrench.

It also has thread seal on it. And once you pull it out this is what it looks like.

It's got thread seal on it and it's also magnetized.

I've already cleaned it off. And this is the fluid that came out.

I'll show you the color. Again, this vehicle only has 80,000 miles not a 150,000.

But this is the color of the fluid. We can compare it to fresh fluid.

It's a little bit darker but it's not too bad. And that's good.

You don't want the fluid to be so different that it's going to shock the transmission.

Now let's see how much we got out. In this case less than four quarts came out.

But it's a good idea to have about five quarts on hand just in case.

It's easier to bring a quart back then to have to stop the job and go get another.

So now I'm going to transfer the fresh fluid into the empty bottle that I'm

going to use to pump into the filler hole. First, let's go ahead and tighten the drain plug.

71 inch pounds isn't much. Six foot-pounds -

that's snug. That's why the thread seal's on there. So now you can

see the vinyl tubing fits just snugly into the filler hole. And on the other

end is the cap for the bottle. So I'm goin to go ahead and screw the bottle on.

Once everything's in place, I'm going to lift the bottle upside down into the

high side of the wheel well and gently squeeze the fluid into the transmission.

And since we're only doing a little less than four quarts, just be patient, it doesn't take too long.

When you're done you'll know it.

The fluid will come backing out. Just go ahead and wipe off the excess.

Put your filler plug back on. And the torque is the same. It's only 71 inch-pounds

hich is about six foot-pounds, not all that tight so don't over tighten these.

Once you've done that, now you can put your under-shield on and get

all those 10 millimeter bolts back in place. I'll try to speed through this a little bit.

But again, I think it's a good idea to do this a little more often than 150,000 miles.

It's not going to hurt anything to get some fresh fluid in there

because those motor generators and the transmission are both sharing the same fluid.

Well, I hope this video helped you guys out. If so, please do give it a thumbs up and subscribe.

And if you know anybody else trying to do this, please do share this video.

Thanks for watching.

For more infomation >> Ford Fusion Hybrid Energi Transmission Fluid Change 2016 - Duration: 5:18.

-------------------------------------------

Jim Carrey Dedicates Award to Colin Kaepernick and Christine Blasey Ford While Attacking Trump - Duration: 8:08.

Contrary to what some regular readers must think, I don't begrudge celebrities their

political opinions.

Heck, given how often I find myself lionizing James Woods for taking conservative stands

(and incinerating whatever chance he might be given at a late-career Hollywood resurgence),

I would hope most people would realize how hypocritical I would be were I reactively

against superstars exercising their God-given right to freedom of expression.

The reason I find celebrity conservatives like Woods to be more incisive is that you

have to be somewhat receptive to political examination if you're going to be a conservative

in the entertainment industry.

It's not as if it's a commonly received opinion, after all, and it's certainly not

going to enhance your career prospects.

On the other hand, in Hollywood, you can go as far down the rabbit hole of left-wingery

as your little heart desires and you're unlikely to face even the mildest pushback

from anyone in a position of power.

You can even build a whole career around it: Michael Moore first appeared on the Hollywood

scene trashing corporate capitalism in "Roger & Me" and reached his apex of success with

"Fahrenheit 9/11," a film that presented a series of self-contradictory conspiracy

theories about the Bush administration's post-9/11 policies that no thinking individual

could really take seriously.

So sure, you can construct an entire career around it, but can you resurrect one?

On that question, I present to you our case study: Jim Carrey, the man once described

as a "rubber-faced fartsmith" by The Onion.

Rubber-faced fartsmithery tends to only get you so far once you pass the age of 30, which

means it's a wonder Carrey ever made it at all in Hollywood; he was 32 when his breakthrough

film, "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective," was released.

He was then inexplicably able to keep that momentum up for another decade or so before

acting like a 40-something teenager lost its appeal and his livelihood became a public

study in diminishing returns.

Carrey is now starring in the Showtime series "Kidding," although Americans could be

forgiven if they didn't know Carrey wasn't pursuing sociopolitical punditry full-time

these days.

He's recently been seen on Twitter displaying vulgar artwork involving conservative figures

and on several TV shows explaining the charms of socialism to an audience almost entirely

made up of people much, much poorer than him.

How informed is Carrey on what he pontificates on?

His idea of socialism seems to be constructed out of his native Canada — which is a decidedly

mixed economy leaning toward capitalist principles, no matter how many Trudeaus they elect.

His painted crudities seem pitched at the level of an eternal high-schooler.

And on Friday, Carrey was at the Britannia Awards at the British Academy of Arts & Sciences,

Los Angeles branch, where he was accepting the Charlie Chaplin Award for Excellence In

Comedy, presumably based on his past work.

The acceptance speech should tell you all you need to know about how far gone Carrey

has gone down those rabbit holes on very scanty evidence.

Carrey began by "joking" about how he was "glad (the award) didn't come in the

mail."

Because, get it, mail bombs?

And some have to wonder why this guy's career has been in free-fall.

"In America, the United Kingdom, and across the globe and we need to be clear: Shamelessness

is not, and will never be, a superpower," Carrey continued.

"It is the mark of a villain.

Kidnapping children is not what great nations do.

Almost half of America at this moment believes there is a sinister deep state diabolically

plotting to what?

Give them health care?

What is the sinister plan here?"

"We in America are misinformed," he continued.

"Reality shows have warped our idea of what a hero is, or what the truth is.

So tonight I would like to dedicate this award to those who remind us of our virtues, who

remind us of the truth.

"To Sir Charles Chaplin who battled McCarthyism into exile, to Christopher Steele who tried

to pull a thorn out of the paw of an ungrateful beast, to Christine Blasey Ford and to Colin

Kaepernick who still stands for the anthem when the anthem stands for him, and to one

of my friends, my good friend and one of the great artists of our time, Robert De Niro

whose life was threatened this week, and to the many other incredibly decent people who

bring joy to the world and have been dedicated to it for decades."

"How dare they besmirch those people, how dare they," he added.

"We can do better than this.

I know this wasn't funny, but it is not very funny right now."

And all to uncritical applause.

Again, Hollywood wonders why normal people think they're out of touch.

All right, so let's work backwards through this farrago of nonsense and all these people

who conservatives have dared besmirch.

I have all the sympathy in the world for Robert De Niro, at least as far as his receiving

a crude explosive device goes.

If you're going to imply that Trump's incivility somehow caused this, I'd like

to remind you about De Niro's remarks regarding the president during the 2016 campaign: "I'd

like to punch him in the face."

Oh, and then there was his Tony Awards speech earlier this year.

Civility exemplified, that De Niro.

Then Colin Kaepernick, who apparently "still stands for the anthem when the anthem stands

for him."

What does that even mean?

Inasmuch as the anthem can stand for Kaepernick, it's stood for his ability to make himself

insanely rich playing a game and to express himself politically without fear of reprisal,

all courtesy of a Constitution that protects his rights and a military that protects the

Constitution, inter alia.

Christine Blasey Ford is a new hero among Democrats, although Carrey doesn't seem

to have expounded on why he was praising her.

One can perhaps glean a reason from what he said about Christopher Steele, the former

British intelligence official whose assemblage of hearsay was responsible for the FISA warrant

and pretty much every Trump/Russia collusion theory, no matter how preposterous it may

be.

This partisan, anti-Trump hack is applauded as a man who "tried to pull a thorn out

of the paw of an ungrateful beast" by Carrey.

Why?

Because he provided ammunition against Trump.

No other explanation is given or necessary, apparently.

As for Chaplin, he died over 40 years ago, so I think one can let him slide.

As for the rest, health care is never free, straw men are not actual political foes, children

who were suborned by their parents into breaking immigration law aren't being "kidnapped"

and if shamelessness isn't a superpower, I guess Jim Carrey isn't a superhero.

Oh, and there's no way to take anyone seriously when they're wearing that suit.

Thank you, and good night.

So, about that question regarding whether or not Carrey can resurrect his career via

political remarks — take a look at these headlines regarding the speech you just saw.

Deadline: "Jim Carrey Steals Britannia Awards With Blistering Political Comments: 'We

Can Do Better Than This.'"

The Irish Independent: "'Shamelessness is not, and will never be, a superpower'

– Jim Carrey takes aim at Trump in extraordinary awards show speech."

The Hollywood Reporter: "Jim Carrey Slams Trump for 'Kidnapping Children.'"

There was nary a "too soon" to be found about the mail-bombing remark.

Wonderful.

Yes, Jim Carrey has every right to speak his political opinions.

I wouldn't even dream of disabusing Carrey of a single one of his delusions.

The media may love them, but most people will see them for what they are: A delusional man

talking about things well outside his ken.

If I were an ally to Carrey, I would give him the following advice: Get some books,

get some perspective and, for the love of Pete, get a new suit.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét