Thứ Tư, 26 tháng 9, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Sep 27 2018

welcome to wacky Wednesday's, where everyone has a chance to show off their

car mods, and here's this week's winner,

today I'm doing a video on my 2002 Honda Insight and why I think it's the best

car to own if you have a car you actually care about, this is the first

production hybrid to the US market debuting in 2000 and running to 2006

beating out the Prius by a couple months what makes this car so unique is just

how many sacrifices Honda was willing to make for gas mileage, this is just

something that couldn't be done today in order to make it so light everything in

the car is aluminum, from the wheels to the frame and the body because of all

these sacrifices it's no wonder that Prius went out in the end

however Honda has brought back the insight in the second and third

generation both distancing themselves from the first generation that was

unapologetically hybrid, this has a three cylinder one liter engine only making

about 64 horsepower between the engine and the transmission sits the electric

motor which makes about 10 odd horsepower because of the instant torque

of the electric motor this car goes from zero to 60 in about 10 seconds with the

five-speed transmission and about 13 seconds with the CVT automatic

transmission, although this is a two-seater sometimes my friends can get

away with sitting in the back trunk and just covering themselves with the

blanket although this is super illegal and not recommended

the design of the insight resembles a lot of a raindrop, it has its roots in

the classic CRX it also borrows the gauges and the steering wheel design

from the s2000 of the same time period, because of its strange design it does

draw a lot of attention the only bona fide modification I have

to my car is to increase gas mileage of course so as you can see here I have a

dryer vent and I only have this on during the cold months of the year

usually in the winter and so what I do is I route the air from the front you

can see this snorkel here that brings in cold air from the front and I just

reroute that around this engine piece which I take off to make this all fit

and back to my catalytic converter back here and my exhaust and what that does

is it lets the engine bring in warm air to the combustion chamber and I'm not a

hundred percent sure if it increases its fuel economy through leaner combustion

but it certainly tricks the engine to think that it's warmer outside allowing

it to idle lower and give me auto stop function while I'm in the city and in

traffic and so that's really important for gas mileage in the wintertime so

this is something you can actually do yourself on any car you want really I'm

not sure how much exactly it improves gas mileage but I know that people have

done it far better than I have, this is just the easiest way that I've seen

people also drill holes in the air box the air filter box right here just to

draw in hot air from the engine compartment but it kind of helps to take

the air off of the hot exhaust to really get the effect so yeah that's how I stay

warm in the winter, I bought this car for only $1000 from a guy here in town he

was originally from the UK and actually was in the crowd of one of the Top Gear

episodes, he forfeited the car because the battery had died

after the car had sit for too long, I was able to revive the battery however

through a cheap kit that I bought online that helped top off each cell to make

the battery healthier and last longer since then I haven't had to rebalance

the battery cells, what's most important to me about this car is the fact that

I've been hit three times in the last two weeks I was rear-ended which actually

paid the car completely off I got $900 from the insurance company just for that

little bump right there, my mirror was almost knocked off while I

was parked on the street and my dad actually backed into me when I was in

the driveway so you can say that the insight saved to my Volkswagen Beetle

three times from being hit and that alone pays off a car like this, it's

cheap to buy cheap to maintain and it'll save you from the car that you do love

from being hit, so that's my video thank you guys for watching and thank you

Scotty for featuring me on your channel, well that was this week's video and to

have your car mod shown on my channel here check this out,

so if you never want to miss another one of my new car repair videos, remember to

ring that Bell!

you

For more infomation >> You Won't Believe the Horsepower this 2002 Honda Insight Puts Out | Scotty Kilmer - Duration: 5:24.

-------------------------------------------

Aspiring athlete interviews Christine Peng-Peng Lee, perfect-10 gymnast and Honda Sport Award winner - Duration: 1:01.

-Hello!

-Hi!

I'm Catherine.

-Nice to meet you!

-How does it feel to receive the Honda Sport award?

-It's really cool to know that so many other people look up to you.

It means a lot to me, because I feel like I'm receiving it on the behalf of my teammates

as well.

I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for my teammates, my family, and my coaches, so

I'm very honored to receive the award.

-How did you bounce back from your injuries?

-I tore my ACL and I had to sit out a year, but then I feel like I almost learned more

because I sat out and I really learned how to be a teammate and I learned that every

person on the team, whether you're competing or not, you actually will help out the team.

So everyone's like a little puzzle piece on the team.

There's so many aspects to sports rather than just doing the sport.

-How did you feel when you scored a perfect 10 on your beam routine?

-It was my last routine ever, so I said I'm just gonna go out and have fun and having that

perfect 10 was such an amazing moment.

For more infomation >> Aspiring athlete interviews Christine Peng-Peng Lee, perfect-10 gymnast and Honda Sport Award winner - Duration: 1:01.

-------------------------------------------

Aspiring athlete interviews Rhamat Alhassan, volleyball player and Honda Sport Award winner - Duration: 0:54.

-What's your first memory playing volleyball?

-Hmm.

My first memory playing volleyball was me playing very horribly.

I started volleyball really really late.

I remember people just being like "you should really keep at it, you could get so much better".

I'm glad that I took their advice and kept on going.

-Practice makes perfect.

-Absolutely.

-Who inspired you?

-My mom inspires me.

Just how she would go to work every single day and just come home late and just working

hard just to provide for me and my sister inspired me to want to be the independent

that she wants me to be.

So that's who I look up to.

-What advice would you give to girls to succeed?

-It's not an easy journey.

You're gonna lose, you're gonna get cut from a team, but keep going, keep pushing, and

never give up.

-I agree with you!

-Thank you.

-Cause my mom, she always told me to go reach for your dreams.

-Absolutely.

-Never give up on yourself.

-I agree with your mom.

For more infomation >> Aspiring athlete interviews Rhamat Alhassan, volleyball player and Honda Sport Award winner - Duration: 0:54.

-------------------------------------------

Aspiring athlete interviews Andi Sullivan, championship soccer player and Honda Sport Award winner - Duration: 1:01.

-Have you ever been called a tom boy?

-Yeah, I have been called a tom boy.

-I have too.

There's that term, because in the world people think girls do this, boys do that.

-Right, and that's silly.

-Not all girls have to do one thing.

-Everyone has their own thing they like to do.

-Yeah.

-Just be yourself and I think that term will kinda go away soon.

-What do you do to never give up?

-The best advice I've gotten about never giving up was just to always ask myself "ok, what

can I do" and just by focusing on the small things that I could do, rather than the things

I couldn't control, made me one step ahead and I never got too overwhelmed.

-How does it feel to be the captain of your team?

-It's fun to be the captain.

You're always worrying about the group, but sometimes you also have to worry about yourself,

because if you're not your best, than the team's not your best.

It takes a lot of practice to get it right.

-What do you think the future holds for woman's soccer?

-Do you want to be playing soccer in the future?

-Yes!

-The woman's soccer world is growing so much and I think that's really exciting for future

generations.

Thank you so much!You were amazing!

-Thanks!

I'm gonna get your autograph before I leave.

For more infomation >> Aspiring athlete interviews Andi Sullivan, championship soccer player and Honda Sport Award winner - Duration: 1:01.

-------------------------------------------

Aspiring athlete interviews Simone Manuel, U.S. swimmer and Honda Cup winner - Duration: 1:01.

-Hi!

I'm Ariella.

I'm 10 years old, I'll be your interviewer.

-I feel old right now!

-Have you ever wanted to give up?

-Yeah, I mean I think all of us want to give up at times.

There are times when you need to be encouraged by your family and your friends and your teammates

and coaches, and ask them for help.

It's OK to ask them for help when you have a hard time.

-What does it mean to be a good teammate?

-To be a good teammate, it means to hold your teammates accountable and to really encourage

them and also to be a good teammate you have to work hard.

Cause when you work hard, you kinda inspire your teammates to work hard as well.

-Yeah?

-Yeah!

-How many awards have you won?

-Uh...I can't count.

-So too many?

-Too many.

-More than 30?

-Uh...I don't know.

-Wow, that's a lot.

I've zero for me.

-Aw.

You'll get there!

-You're setting personal records every time you get better.

-True.

Ok.

-Yes.

For more infomation >> Aspiring athlete interviews Simone Manuel, U.S. swimmer and Honda Cup winner - Duration: 1:01.

-------------------------------------------

Honda Civic 1.3 HYBRID | Automaat | Climate control - Duration: 0:52.

For more infomation >> Honda Civic 1.3 HYBRID | Automaat | Climate control - Duration: 0:52.

-------------------------------------------

Honda Insight 1.3 Trend | Automaat | Navi | Climate control | Velgen - Duration: 1:04.

For more infomation >> Honda Insight 1.3 Trend | Automaat | Navi | Climate control | Velgen - Duration: 1:04.

-------------------------------------------

Honda CR-V 2.2D AWD Executive nieuwstaat 1eig clima airco - Duration: 0:53.

For more infomation >> Honda CR-V 2.2D AWD Executive nieuwstaat 1eig clima airco - Duration: 0:53.

-------------------------------------------

Honda CR-V 2.0I EXECUTIVE AUTOMAAT PANODAK - Duration: 1:02.

For more infomation >> Honda CR-V 2.0I EXECUTIVE AUTOMAAT PANODAK - Duration: 1:02.

-------------------------------------------

Honda Civic 1.8 Elegance/sport 142 pk 18 inch navi camera clima - Duration: 1:09.

For more infomation >> Honda Civic 1.8 Elegance/sport 142 pk 18 inch navi camera clima - Duration: 1:09.

-------------------------------------------

Honda Civic 1.4 100pk Comfort | Trekhaak | - Duration: 1:08.

For more infomation >> Honda Civic 1.4 100pk Comfort | Trekhaak | - Duration: 1:08.

-------------------------------------------

Honda FR-V 1.8 i-Vtec Comfort / RIJKLAARPRIJS - Duration: 1:08.

For more infomation >> Honda FR-V 1.8 i-Vtec Comfort / RIJKLAARPRIJS - Duration: 1:08.

-------------------------------------------

Honda Civic 1.3 VTEC HYBRID 4DR C-TR. Hybrid - Duration: 1:06.

For more infomation >> Honda Civic 1.3 VTEC HYBRID 4DR C-TR. Hybrid - Duration: 1:06.

-------------------------------------------

Honda FR-V 1.8 i VTEC LIFESTYLE - 6 persoons - Licht metalen velgen - Duration: 1:13.

For more infomation >> Honda FR-V 1.8 i VTEC LIFESTYLE - 6 persoons - Licht metalen velgen - Duration: 1:13.

-------------------------------------------

Honda Beat - Duration: 4:10.

The Honda Beat is a rear wheel drive, mid-engined two-seat roadster kei car produced from May 1991 to February 1996.

The Beat was the last car to be approved by Soichiro Honda before he died in 1991.

The total number of cars produced was around 33,600.

Most of the production (around two-thirds) occurred in the first year, and then production and sales fell drastically.

The design of the car originated from Pininfarina, who then sold the design plan to Honda.

The Beat was one of many cars designed to take advantage of Japan's tax-efficient kei car class.

There were two mainstream models of the Beat (the PP1–100 and the PP1–110) and a couple of limited edition versions.

Variations on the first model were just cosmetic updates.

Only the second model had any real mechanical differences.

All cars were offered with the option of a driver's side airbag.

The car was sold exclusively in Japan at Honda Primo dealership sales channels.

In typical Honda fashion, the Beat's engine did not utilize a turbocharger or supercharger.

The 656 cc (40.0 cu in) engine was modified with the MTREC (Multi Throttle Responsive Engine Control) system,

with individual throttle bodies for each of the three cylinders, to produce 64 PS (63 bhp) at 8100 rpm with an electronically limited top speed of 135 km/h (84 mph).

Only a manual transmission was available.

The MTREC design would filter down to the 1993 Honda Today kei car.

The Beat was part of a wave of kei car-sized sports cars in the early 1990s; its competitors included the Suzuki Cappuccino and Mazda's Autozam AZ-1.

Together they anticipated the arrival of the Smart Roadster over a decade later, while Japan would not see a new model of the genre until the 2002 Daihatsu Copen.

On May 9, 2010, a parade was held in the Twin Ring Motegi circuit as a part of an annual Beat owners meeting.

569 Honda Beats participated in the parade, which is certified by Guinness World Records as the largest parade of Honda cars.

The record was shown in the 2011 edition of Guinness World Records.

Various versions:

Standard Equipment: air conditioning, power windows, 3-point seat belt, sun visor, front stabilizer, front laminated glass, side-toughened glass, halogen head lamps, soft top, steel wheels.

1992.02: The Beat Version F features the Aztec Green Pearl color and alloy wheels.

1992.05: The Beat Version C features the Captiva Blue Pearl color and white alloy wheels.

1993.05: The Beat Version Z features the Blade Silver Metallic color or Evergrade Green Metallic color, three black gauges, mud guards, a rear spoiler, exhaust pipe finisher, and alloy wheels.

The car has been featured on the popular British television program Top Gear together with the Daihatsu Mira

and the Mitsubishi Minica Dangan where it was praised by Jeremy Clarkson also on the American television program MotorWeek where it was driven through Southern California.

The car is also featured in Gran Turismo 2 (Mugen tuned), Sega GT, Gran Turismo PSP, Gran Turismo 4, Gran Turismo 5, Gran Turismo 6,

and alongside many of its kei sports car contemporaries in Kat's Run: Zen-Nippon K Car Senshuken for the Super Famicom.

For more infomation >> Honda Beat - Duration: 4:10.

-------------------------------------------

Honda CR-V 2.0 AWD Executive Automaat Navi/Leder/Panoramadak - Duration: 1:09.

For more infomation >> Honda CR-V 2.0 AWD Executive Automaat Navi/Leder/Panoramadak - Duration: 1:09.

-------------------------------------------

Honda CR-V 2.0i Elegance 4WD / NAVI / TREKHAAK / NL AUTO - Duration: 1:04.

For more infomation >> Honda CR-V 2.0i Elegance 4WD / NAVI / TREKHAAK / NL AUTO - Duration: 1:04.

-------------------------------------------

Kathy - Angels and SoCal Honda Dealers - Duration: 2:50.

Honda: I'm a Helpful Honda person.

We're looking for Kathy today.

Is Kathy here?

So Lisa wrote in to us and asked if we could give you a fun experience at Angel Stadium

today.

She let us know how much you help everyone around you and we thought we could give you

a great day at Angel Stadium.

How does that sound?

Group: (cheers)

Lisa: My name is Lisa Schliebe and I'm a really good friend of Kathy Rosas.

I saw this, ya know anyone know a great, a big Angels fan who needs a special day at the park and

I was like yes!

So I just kind of wrote in.

Basically explained her and her husband are the sole caretakers of a special needs daughter

and they have been for their daughter's whole life.

She still works full time, she does everything for everyone else.

She gives so much of herself and if anyone deserved a day all about her, it was Kathy.

Kathy: My name is Kathy Rosas and it was my friend Lisa's birthday yesterday and she

invited me and asked me if my husband could go and my husband and I never go out together

because we have a special needs daughter.

It's been like 4 years since we actually did any kind of function together.

We came today unknowing anything that was going to happen.

Helpful Honda took us out to oh my gosh let me think if I can think of everything.

We saw a couple of warmups downstairs in their little private dugout, we saw the field, I'm

just like overwhelmed with the excitement.

Honda: If you're ready we're going to head on up to your seats and it's not just any

seats, we're going to head up to the suite today.

So we have everything setup for you guys.

Should we head on in?

Kathy: Let's go!

I've never experienced a suite at Angel Stadium for all the years I've been here.

A big Angels fan.

The best day of my life.

Honda: To help remember the day we go you this special bat and it's even customized

with your name on it.

Kathy: Oh my god!

Thank you!

Oh wow, thank you so much!

Honda: You're welcome.

If you guys are up for it, we're going to meet starting pitcher Andrew Heaney.

Kathy: Oh my god!

Thank you Helpful Honda for putting this all together.

I want to tell you today you've touched my life.

It's so special, I can't even begin to thank you for the gratitude that I have.

For this whole day, for the experience, not only for me, for my husband and for all my friends,

thank you so much.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét