Thứ Tư, 25 tháng 10, 2017

Auto news on Youtube Oct 25 2017

In Kristiansand there is an organization called KIA

and they are involved in the activation and integration of refugees and immigrants.

And they organize events such as language courses, language cafes,

but also international dinner - dinners from all over the world.

We have been to a couple of such dinners - from Eritrea, Sudan and Norway.

Now we were asked to prepare a Polish dinner.

And we will prepare dumplings, red borscht and apple pie.

Dinner will be for two hundred people, or maybe even more, so we plan to prepare 2000 pierogi.

So let's go and cook.

We have 12 kg of onions, 20 kg of potatoes, 10 kg of cottage cheese and 24 kg of apples.

- Dan, where did you learn how to cut so fast?

- If you're hungry you have to learn.

- Okay, I'm done. - No, see how much you have.

- Look at this, aunt. - Present how can you slice.

- Oh, well. - Just do not cut a finger please.

♫ song about pierogi ♫

We are making pierogi. Mrs Stasia, a pierogi expert, is with us.

- Yes, from Piła (city in Poland). - Stasia is from Piła.

Mom taught me at home. And at school we did.

Later, I made pierogi in the restaurant. We did a lot of pierogi for weddings.

- We can do these 2000 pierogi? - We have to do it somehow. We will do until we are done.

Beets make beets (polish slang).

I am making borscht in the sink.

We are mixing apples and discussing how to spice them. Such vanilla flavour must be of real vanilla.

A lot of people came to help. Ms. Stasia is our boss, but we have so many people to work,

our friends, all of Kristiansand's polish community is engaged.

It is even international, we have Dan a cook from Romania.

Roll it well.

It is a red borscht, the best in the world.

As usual - apples, apples, apples.

We are looking for people willing to stick pierogi. Who wants to stick?

Then is the best chat, at pierogi making.

Yes, then are the best conversations. For the Christmas we always make uszka and pierogi,

with grandma, mother and sisters, all together, three generations, for Christmas we make pierogi.

Apples, apples.

I think that's amazing. Firstly, there are so many people.

Also looks like they are enjoying themselves, they are having fun together. I do not understand them but they are enjoying themselves.

So that's amazing. Also, I think they are cooking and preparing very good food. So I'm really looking forward to Friday to taste the food.

So congratulations on a good start of cooking polish food for the International Dinner.

Oh no, I took too much stuffing. What a shame in front of the camera.

I would like to welcome you to the world's dinner.

My name is Mei Lian and I am the region leader of KIA South.

And this is Odd Bjarne - international pastor in Kristiansand.

Today we are going to eat delicious food from Poland.

Now we will have a small introduction to Poland. You have to listen really carefully, because after that there will be a quiz.

Poland, as you all know is located in central Europe.

And what is interesting is that it is closer to Poland then to Bodø or Tromsø.

It only takes an hour and a quarter to fly to Gdańsk.

There are many cosy places along the coastline,

but the temperature in the sea most often doesn't exceed 15 degrees.

But I think that for Norwegians who are used to swimming in fjords this is not a problem.

Do you know how many Polish people are living in Norway?

There are as many Polish people living in Norway as there are people living in Kristiansand.

I will talk about what we are going to serve today. It's called Pierogi.

And these are a kind of dumplings with different fillings.

And the one that is most popular is with potato and white cheese filling.

And then we will serve a soup - borscht.

For 3 days, from Wednesday, the Polish guys have been cooking for us, to make this delicious meal for us, so let's give them a really big hand.

Then I just want to say that in Poland we say something before we start eating - smacznego.

It means I hope it tastes well, or bon appetit.

So i just want to wish you all smacznego.

There is also polish apple pie.

How do you like pierogi? - Very, very good. - Very nice, delicious.

Yes, very good food. See, I ate everything.

- So tasty. - Like in Slovakia?

- Not like in Slovakia. - In Slovakia are different.

It's good, we are missing vodka.

Does it taste good?

- How do you like Polish food? - Very good. Thank you.

We like soup - borscht.

Elegant. (polish slang)

Like at grandmas.

- Do we like the food? - Yes, we do. - Very tasty, very tasty.

It's really good, you know that I love it, especially borscht.

This is the first time. We have something in China that looks very similar to this, but we have vegetables and meat inside.

I think that they were so good that I was almost crying.

Two pregnancies I really craved pierogis, and couldn't find them in Norway and I was really excited to come tonight.

- A lot of people? - Ojiju. Full.

Very nice, very nice people, very nice atmosphere.

We have so much food that we would have enough for three such groups.

There are so many pierogi in the kitchen that for the next 2 weeks we will eat pierogi. But good, because they are very tasty.

I ate a couple of crumbled pierogi and I'm already full, I guess they're filling.

I am not surprised that the Norwegians have enough already.

There were many pierogi left, but I've already taken care of them.

So this is an outdated information.

First, we would like to thank the Queen of Pierogi - Mrs Stasia.

It says in polish "queen of pierogi" because it was Mrs Stasia who helped us the most.

Then comes the quiz.

On the KIA quiz everyone has to get up.

For every question there is going to be three options.

If you think that the first answer is correct then you raise your one hand.

If you think that the second answer is correct you raise both your hands

and if you think the 3rd then you do an X.

If you make a mistake you have to sit down.

The first question is: How many people live in Poland? 25, 38, 50 million.

The correct answer is 38 million.

What is the capital of Poland?

What's the name of the Sea...

To which polish city...

Which vegetable was used in the soup...

How many dishes are there on...

Who is the most famous polish...

During which holiday do Poles splash water...

Which polish city is a sister city to Kristiansand?

I don't know, I have to admit.

It was Gdynia.

Yes, then we only have 2.

OK there we have the winner.

But actually we have two gifts. You two will get homemade jam.

Now we have a polish dance. So everybody should rise up and follow the leaders.

Thank you for coming today.

Next time we will travel to Africa and there will be food from Eritrea.

For more infomation >> KIA International Dinner Poland - Duration: 14:57.

-------------------------------------------

Pres. Moon throws first pitch in surprise visit to Kia Tigers' home field - Duration: 0:44.

The KBO or Korea Baseball Organization boasts the nation's hottest professional sports league.

It's now down to the final showdown.

A special guest appeared at the opening game of the Korean series.

President Moon Jae-in threw out the first pitch Wednesday evening at the first game

in the seven-game series between the Kia Tigers and the Doosan Bears.

The President was fulfilling a pledge he made during his election campaign last spring.

At the time, he asked voters to take a picture after they voted and upload it to his website

with their favorite baseball team in the description,... and President Moon would throw the first pitch

at the home field of whichever team had the most pictures.

That turned out to be the Kia Tigers... at Gwangju-Kia Champions field in Gwangju,...

about 270 kilometers south of Seoul.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét