Thứ Tư, 25 tháng 10, 2017

Auto news on Youtube Oct 25 2017

I can't complain about the cool cars I've driven, but there's still a bucket list.

This is it. It includes the car standing behind me: the GT2 RS.

It's the 997 with a manual transmission.

Porsche Gelderland has one.

I have the key, so I'm going to check it off the list.

We're going for a drive.

My bucket list may be a bit more modest than yours, but I really wanted to check this one off.

It's a 911 up until now, but I think that's going to change soon.

The GT2 RS. The 997 had a normal GT2 version too, based on the Turbo somehow.

Rear-wheel drive and a manual transmission.

That's different from the 991 GT2 RS we hopefully get to drive soon.

It has a turbo engine. The car is lighter, but I'll get back to that later.

It has 89 hp extra compared to the GT2.

612 hp going through a manual transmission to the rear wheels.

It it fast?

Yes, it's a different category of fast.

Porsche says the top speed is 330 kph (205 mph). 0-100 kph (62 mph) takes 3.5 seconds,

0-200 kph (124 mph) takes 9.8 seconds, and 0-300 kph (186 mph) takes 28.9 seconds.

I memorized all the numbers. You have to do it yourself.

Clutch, manual transmission, you have to do it yourself.

I have to slow down for a speed bump and we can accelerate again.

This is seriously nice hardware. I really think it's a cool model.

I will elaborate later. It's 70 kg (154 lb) lighter than the GT2, I think 1,370 kg (3,020 lb) in total.

It could be 1,380 kg (3,042 lb) too, but thereabouts. That's not much with all this hp.

The hp-weight ratio is a nice 2.2 kg per hp. I hope that's correct.

The door panels have less components. You open the doors by pulling a cord.

It has thinner rugs. Carbon fiber reinforced plastic for the frunk.

It's unpainted, but I think it does have a clear coat.

The fenders are carbon fiber reinforced plastic too.

The rear window and rear side windows are plexiglass, which is lighter too.

All kinds of things make it lighter.

The front badge on the carbon fibre frunk is a sticker. That's lighter.

These things are funny.

As cameraman Martijn also noticed immediately, the 997 has a pendulum effect.

The engine sits in the rear. You can hardly see it.

Mostly you're seeing covers.

In corners you feel that the rear wants to do this.

This also means there's much traction because there's a lot of weight on the rear axle,

the destination of all the hp. Again, rear-wheel drive only.

Still, this car is... I went full throttle in 2nd and 3rd gear.

It scared me, even though I'm used to power. This is a different category of fast.

It keeps going. Electric cars such as a Tesla are fast too, but this one keeps going.

The only disadvantage may be that there's not much sound inside.

The turbos do filter some, but I think it has something.

It's incredibly fast.

This is the ultimate 911.

The GT3 and GT3 RS are pretty, but they're weak compared to this one.

This car had the Nürburgring record. That may be a reason why they developed this car.

Back then, the Nissan GT-R did a lap in 7m27s.

That became this car's code name. Eventually they did it in 9 seconds less.

Just so you know. 7m18s is nice to do on the Nürburgring.

I think you have a death wish or are very confident because you're called Verstappen to go this fast.

It is a man's car.

I like you have to think about when to go full throttle.

You can't always do this.

It's nice to want to, but you can't.

When you do go full throttle, the world feels tiny with corners everywhere.

And why is everyone so slow?

This can go off the bucket list. The problem is, it's on my wish list now.

I think this is my ultimate 911. This GT2 RS or another one.

I like the red, Indisch Rot.

The problem is, I don't know if I can trade in my house at Porsche Gelderland.

I don't know if the other inhabitants of the house will agree if I do this.

Thanks to Porsche Centrum Gelderland

Subtitles - Maru's Text Support

For more infomation >> The Porsche 997 GT2 RS is true bucket list material - Duration: 7:11.

-------------------------------------------

Porsche Factory Driver Patrick Long on Getting Faster -- /DRIVE on NBC Sports - Duration: 2:18.

Patrick can wring the highest level of performance out of any car, and today he's letting me

in on some of the secrets of fast driving.

We're in the latest Porsche 911 GT3 a pure-performance road version of the 911 that's got a lot

in common with Porsche 911 race cars.

Patrick, if you had 30 seconds to make someone a faster driver, what would you tell them?

I would tell them to start to understand how load works.

How you utilize braking to help you turn, but to not overload the tire.

The physics of driving and the feedback that the car gives the driver, and how the driver

utilizes that to go faster around the track is really the secret to pushing your driving

to the next step.

I think one thing that's really key is that there's a finite balance between under-driving

and overdriving.

A lot of people think, 'Well all I need to do to be fast around a racetrack is to

go as quickly as possible, be as brave as anybody out there.'

So often the secret is not overdriving or not over stressing the tire.

The tire works at certain loads, but when you go past that load threshold, you actually

lose grip.

That's when you see ugly driving habits, bad lines and accidents.

So really understanding the mechanics and the four contact patches of your tires is

the real secret sauce.

I think one of the common threads that I hear is that just being completely connected to

your equipment and knowing what it needs as far as inputs is really key.

It's really the smooth guy that understands exactly what he has for track grip and racing

surface space.

For more infomation >> Porsche Factory Driver Patrick Long on Getting Faster -- /DRIVE on NBC Sports - Duration: 2:18.

-------------------------------------------

2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Review by AutoTopNL - Duration: 8:56.

a few years ago

Porsche came with

the 991 generation

of the 911

the iconic sports car

which has been around for decades

and of that 911

eventually came a GT3 version

and you might remember

but the journalists

really loved that machine

I remember the Chris Harris video

I watched that

we weren't that big yet

and I thought that is my goal

I will drive that car

and fortunately

I got that chance

I got to drive the 991 GT3 Mk 1

it didn't disappoint

it was one of the best days

of my car based life

it was so beautiful

how that car felt

how it's almost an emotional car

because of that 9.000rpm redline

but there was a problem with that car

it had its troubles

and that was immediately obvious

the best 911 ever

turned into a fiasco

the hydraulic valve lifters

were such a huge problem

on almost all GT3's

that a lot of cars

including the one we drove

broke down

fortunately Porsche fixed it

by replacing all those engines

it cost them a lot of money

but the moment that happened

was also a sign for Porsche

that was not the GT3 we hoped for

this is not the GT3 we dreamed of

that's this one

the Mark 2 991 GT3

it no longer has a 3.8

but a 4.0 liter

with different oil system

different valve system

no hydraulics anymore

a different intake

with 2 valves

which is completely variable

so they can open, close

partially open

anything the engine needs at that time

and that system

means that you get a bit more torque

I'll put everything in sport mode

except for the dampers

because this road is not great

and when you push that pedal a bit

you hear those intake valves

opening further

the sound comes through the cabin

and it produces a gorgeous intake sound

but as I said

everything is in sport mode

so the exhaust valves are also open

the road surface is better here

(...)

need I say more

this is..

this is completely ridiculous

9.000 rpm

500 hp

which is 25 hp more

than that previous 3.8

991 GT3 MK 1

and as I said

that previous one didn't disappoint

it's the most intense and emotional car

I've ever driven

everything is perfect.. almost

until you drive this

then you know the sound can be louder

the launch control even more brutal

hold on

I know I will

this is...

this makes me so happy

this is why I do this

it's the hunger you have

as car journalist

you're looking for unicorns

the holy grail

and if you ask me

this MK 2 GT3 911

that automotive holy grail

all those superlatives

don't do it justice

I don't want to use those too much

I'd rather let it shut me up

it's bizarre

what else have they done?

to make this car even more tight

and even more sensational

the GT3 already had 4 wheel steering

it still has

but it has been re-calibrated

which makes it even sharper

the PDK gearbox is updated as well

the last time I drove it

I thought it couldn't get better

and driving this

you notice

it could get better

that 0.1% it could get better

even that margin was found

and like every 911

the model is evolved

just perfecting it

like those tires

they are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires

the old model also had those

but these are completely new

developed together with Michelin

and offer a bit more grip

this drivetrain is so aggressive

the gearbox too

this car has an electronically controlled

limited slip diff

because we're driving the PDK version

you can also get a manual in this

which is new for this generation GT3

and then you get

a mechanical limited slip diff

if you ask me

this is the car

which makes every similar Ferrari

McLaren, Lamborghini

911 R

obsolete

and less exciting

this is the ultimate 911

the ultimate Porsche

the ultimate sports car

For more infomation >> 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Review by AutoTopNL - Duration: 8:56.

-------------------------------------------

Porsche 964/911 3.6 COUPÉ Carrera 2 - Duration: 0:56.

For more infomation >> Porsche 964/911 3.6 COUPÉ Carrera 2 - Duration: 0:56.

-------------------------------------------

Paul Walker's Daughter Meadow Settles With Porsche in Wrongful Death Lawsuit - Duration: 2:14.

Paul Walker's Daughter Meadow Settles With Porsche in Wrongful Death Lawsuit

Its been almost four years since the world lost Paul Walkerin high-speed car crash while he was a passenger in a Porsche Carrera GT.

Three years and 11 months after the actors death, his 18-year-old daughter Meadow Walker is still missing her father, but one important chapter has come to a close—her wrongful death lawsuit against Porsche has finally been settled.

According to docs obtained by E! News, the lawsuit was settled with the German car company on Oct.

The terms of the settlement are confidential, but the docs state that now that a settlement has been reached, both parties have requested for a dismissal of the suit.

According to court documents obtained by E! News at the time, Meadow and her lawyers alleged that the Porsche Carrera GT lacked safety features.that could have prevented the accident or, at a minimum, allowed Paul Walker to survive the crash. The suit alleged that Porsche knew that the specific car in Pauls case had a history of instability and control issues. The company, however,

However, according to the lawsuit, Pauls driver Roger Rodas may have only been going between 63 and 71 MPH when he lost control.

The lawsuit alleged that a defective seat belt prevented Paul from escaping the vehicle before it caught on fire and that he was burned alive as a result.

The bottom line is that the Porsche Carrera GT is a dangerous car, Meadows lawyer Jeff Milam said in a statement to E! News in 2015. It doesnt belong on the street.

And we shouldnt be without Paul Walker or his friend, Roger Rodas.. Meadow was awarded $10.1 million by the estate of Rodas in 2016.

At the time, Milam released the following statement on behalf of his client, The amount paid by the estate of Roger Rodas into a trust for Meadow Walker only covers a fraction of what her father would have earned as an international movie star had his life not tragically been cut short. His statement continued, Through his estate, Mr Rodas, the driver of the car, took partial responsibility for the crash.

Meadows lawsuit against Porsche AG—a $13 billion corporation—intends to hold the company responsibly for producing a vehicle that was defective and caused Paul Walkers death. It appears as if thats just what Milam did. .

For more infomation >> Paul Walker's Daughter Meadow Settles With Porsche in Wrongful Death Lawsuit - Duration: 2:14.

-------------------------------------------

Mort de Paul Walker : sa fille a trouvé un accord avec la marque Porsche - Duration: 1:34.

For more infomation >> Mort de Paul Walker : sa fille a trouvé un accord avec la marque Porsche - Duration: 1:34.

-------------------------------------------

Paul Walker : sa fille trouve (enfin) un arrangement avec Porsche - Duration: 2:20.

For more infomation >> Paul Walker : sa fille trouve (enfin) un arrangement avec Porsche - Duration: 2:20.

-------------------------------------------

Porsche 911 3.6 COUPÉ automaat - Duration: 1:00.

For more infomation >> Porsche 911 3.6 COUPÉ automaat - Duration: 1:00.

-------------------------------------------

Porsche Macan 3.0 D S PDK - PASM - Duration: 0:59.

For more infomation >> Porsche Macan 3.0 D S PDK - PASM - Duration: 0:59.

-------------------------------------------

Porsche 911 3.6 Coupé Carrera - Duration: 0:59.

For more infomation >> Porsche 911 3.6 Coupé Carrera - Duration: 0:59.

-------------------------------------------

Porsche Boxster S 3.2 '01 Xenon Clima 252 PK - Duration: 0:59.

For more infomation >> Porsche Boxster S 3.2 '01 Xenon Clima 252 PK - Duration: 0:59.

-------------------------------------------

Porsche Cayenne S 4.2 V8 385PK Clima Navi Airco Cruise Panodak Luchtvering Nieuwprijs: €170.583,- - Duration: 0:59.

For more infomation >> Porsche Cayenne S 4.2 V8 385PK Clima Navi Airco Cruise Panodak Luchtvering Nieuwprijs: €170.583,- - Duration: 0:59.

-------------------------------------------

Porsche 911 Carrera T 2017 - Awesome new lightweight sport cars price, specs revealed - Duration: 2:59.

Porsche 911 Carrera T 2017 - Awesome new lightweight sport cars price, specs revealed

Porsche has debuted yet another 911 variant, the Carrera T.   It is a revival of the 911 T concept of 1968 which strived for a puristic driving experience.

  The car is lighter, has shorter transmissions ratios from its manual gearbox and mechanical rear differential lock which is said to improve the car's performance.

  Porsche has based the new car on the standard Carrera means it gets the sam 565bhp 30-litre flat-six engine with rear-wheel drive configuration.

It is 20kg lighter than the standard Carrera weighing 1,425kg which has helped the car to have a slightly quicker 0-62mph time of 4.

  This can be improved further by opting to have the PDK paddle shifter added to the car (4.   This powertrain also allows the car to have an 180mph top speed which it can reach in just 15.

Other alterations to make this car a performance variant include the lowered suspension, optional four wheel steering and the Carrera T interior.

  Inside the lightweight seats are finished in Sport-Tex material and have the 911 logo embroiled into the headrest.   Mostly the car's looks remain unchanged on the exterior compared to the standard model.

It does however get a slightly altered front bumper, more prominant splitter and 20-inch alloy wheels.  There is nine different exterior colour options which include Black, Lava Orange, Guards Red, Racing Yellow, White and Miami Blue, as well as metallic Carrara White, Jet Black and GT Silver.

Prices for the new Carrera T model start at £85,576 and it is on sale now.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét