Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 10, 2017

Auto news on Youtube Oct 30 2017

so I bought this water in diesel probe this is the PSA Citroen/Peugeot number

it's basically a simple probe I've got adapter or three pins and

it's got two metal probes and slightly sticking plastic that you basically

screw in the diesel filter so it measures how much water there is in your

at the bottom of your diesel filter so, I will try so this one my 1.6 HDI

engine so I'll try to screw it in the the diesel filter down there just by

removing only these two pipes, I will try not remove the rest and see how easy this will be

These cable ties are used for to basically quieten down my engine

probably should do a video I've done a few of these things around to quieten and

down because these just basically rattle and I can hear it inside the cabin, so I will

cut those

then you have to undo this pipe simply by twisting. Removing the next one

You push it slightly, because there is a locking tab. I will remove that one first

here also twisting and moving out and then we do the next one

needed a bit more force to do the locking tab it just basically comes out so

let's see yes, I should be able to take it up without taking of the the

whole air box I wanna see it so you might want to take that tube and just to

get it out of place

so you have to take out the first fuel line in it's basically a squeeze and

push and this will come out a bit kind of a push and there might be a bit of a

diesel feel squirting but that's not that much of a problem so there we go

I normally put some aluminium foil, so no particles and dust particles, there is a bit of wind, can come in. Next is

you take out the electric plug and then

there is a second line in here and you probably

can't quite see so normally I'd have a screwdriver

that's the second line and because

you push from that side and from this end this is really close to the filter

so you might wanna I normally would put a screwdriver just push it here my

finger from the other side see if I can take out the second line it goes out all

right

the next part is just take it out let's see if I can take that without pulling

all the filter box, so there is a tab underneath that you push

with a finger or you pull with a finger I'm not too sure I think you pull with a

finger like that and basically slide it push it and you slide it out let's see

if this can go out yeah and that goes out and there is the electric,

the plug for (you cannot quite see) that's the plug for the water in diesel sensor and it's

take it out and

and that's the fuel filter taken out, so the first fuel line, the second fuel line

and the heater then you have the hole for the drawing all the water that that

will if it goes out at the bottom of the filter so this is where the the plug and

it's a dead end, there are no pins inside for the sensor in diesel so

this is the plug that that you need to screw into the water in diesel sensor

and it says sensor torque 3 Newton meters plus minus 15%. Again it says

on the filter, torque three Newton meters not nanometers

Newton meters plus minus 15% so I do have a torque wrench,

this is 24 some sort of a deep soaker you can use some sort of a deep

socket 24 millimeter or 24 millimeters I don't really have 24 millimeters deep

socket so probably I'll do to it by hand so basically you screw that in you screw

it until you have some resistance and then you have to really tighten it to crack the

wall and probably should be a cracking noise and then you screw it until the two

probes go in contact with the diesel fuel and then I'll try to tighten

as hard as I can I suspect 3 Newton meters should be alright

so at the moment there is no so because I'm retrospectively doing this

this is not a new filter, well it's a new, it's a month, I have had it for a month so it's a

new filter Delphi, it's not Delphi, it's Bosch

to Bosch filter I normally use the Delphi 939

so I'm retrospectively doing so it's really full of diesel so I have to draw

a bit of diesel out of it so this won't really squirt this amount when I

push the sensor in so the tube I mean probably I can undo the the screw here

and diesel will come underneath but yeah I'll try to just draw it from from these

two just tip it over and you should work so let's see how this goes

so basically we will just dip it and it's going diesel, so that's all right

I don't need that much diesel

you have to mop it now

this should be enough so let's see if I can screw the probe in

There was not that much of a cracking sound. It seems pretty tight. I cannot really put more pressure

just to level it with these. That should be plenty. I am not

too sure if it's you know 3 Newton meters. I'm sure people would say why would I want to do

that. I like data so an additional sensor is it sounds pretty good to me so it is a

bit of a tight fit so first put in the sensor, clip it in

then I have to push on this one slightly up here because it didn't really remove

the pipes actually there we go bit more pushing and shoving and you basically

push it down see if something sticking

should be in, not quite

you have to basically push it in as much as it can go and then pull on the tab

at the back you should hear clicking some that's it

it doesn't really move at all so putting the plug back in and then the

bottom, you cannot see the bottom pipe, the fuel pipe

don't forget the foil or if you don't use foil whatever you use it just basically

slots in just push it in and you hear clicking sound that's. The other one as well. it also pushed in

so I've labelled one and two, so just every time I replace the fuel filter

not to forget and you put the other pipe in that we took out

basically push it again that should be it for now so you need to put the pipes

in

so first is this one so you clip this clip it in it's pretty flimsy by now so

you push this this pin here this one still clicks this pipe from that side

it's a bit of a pushing and twisting motion if you get it in and then from

that side and that side it's again a bit of a twisting and pushing so you can see

how see how this is rattling while the engine is on, so that's why I have

the ties so now before before starting the engine of course we'll have to

because there is some air in the in the line so we have to really push on the

bulb in order to clear clear the air

and that's the bulb so you have to really squeeze quite hard initially it

will be pretty easy you can hear it basically have to squeeze this several

times until it becomes hard and you can hear fuel passing through

there you go. I will squeeze it a few more times just to get some more fuel going

that should be enough really once you've done this you have to once

you start the engine I mean for the moment this probe is not not activated

so I have to activate it in Peugeot Planet or Lexia if you have Citroen so I have

a Peugeot and then you have to watch out for leaks of course if you have not

pushed the pipe or anything, it probably won't start but still you have to watch

out for leaks specifically for the for the this well I don't really have the

pipe for this pipe this protruding here and you don't quite see this is when

you unscrew the the top valve and if there is water in the fuel, it will leak out

I do not really have the pipe, somebody has taken it out

I will have to put a pipe someday that's why I didn't really undo the valve for

clearing the water in the diesel So, next I'll put a cable tie in just for

this not to not to be really rattling that much, so I will squeeze it through here

and we'll go over top of the filter come out come out of here so you need another

one get another one to put it in so it can be and you basically tie them together

not too tight just so this doesn't really move at all you can see now

there is no movement. I will cut the tops

because that one, that pipe in here also over here it also moves quite

a bit so I'll put another cable tie in like that self-tying cable ties

I would not really tie it that much too much, that should be fairly tight and it would not move that

much

just pushed the bit on top there we go it doesn't really move that much then you

have to put back the cover on

I mean my camera is tied to the car so I would start it with the camera on, but I don't

want to do that. Because the camera would fall somewhere inside of

the engine so I'll start it and I'll let you know if it starts and should should

be no problem. It really started on the first go, checking for leaks

these don't really at all move pretty good job with these

self-tying cable ties

so after 10 minute drive so you have to again check for any potential leaks I

can't see any leaks but still you have to really carefully examine for any potential

leaks this is at the back of the diesel filter oh that's it if you want to do it

it's not that difficult thank you for watching

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét