Thứ Ba, 31 tháng 10, 2017

Auto news on Youtube Nov 1 2017

hey everybody its Justin we are continuing the offseason preparation on

the car I got a few more parts on the bench back here for my MCS suspension

I'll show you in a second but today what we're doing is actually unmodified the

car we're gonna be taking out the Sparco Evo seats for the winter time and

putting the stock seats back in the car the stock seats of course are heated and

with the temperatures cooling down here for the winter time I want to have those

seats installed to make things a little bit more comfortable while we are not

racing the car so first I've got to go downstairs and pull the stock seats off

of my racing simulator rig which you guys might have seen a few days ago with

the other video about that race simulator bring those seats up here

we'll pull the seats out of the BRZ and then get the stock ones installed so

before we go downstairs and get the stock seats I'll show you some of the

parts that we picked up for the MCS suspension I picked up new sway bar end

links both for the front and the rear of the car these are from RacerX some kind

of a nice custom-made front end link for the sway bar we also picked up a set of

rear adjustable sway bar end links also from RacerX fabrication and then for my

race saying camber plates I had to get a new spring perch bushing which you can

see here the new bushing is to fit the larger shocks shafts on the MCS

suspension the race comp tarmac to use have a little bit different shock shaft

on the front so that's why we need the different spring perch bushing all right

heading downstairs where the stock seats are stored for the winter time I've got

one of them sitting down right here with the plastic cover and as you guys saw

the other week we've got the other one on the sim rig here which will have to

unbolt from the base and then we'll be able to get these things up into the garage

seats off all right so the seat came off that wasn't very graceful he thought I

had one more bolt attached to the back of the seat by only attached the two

front bolts so the thing just fell off no big deal

we'll get the seat up off the ground and then get these things up in the garage

we can start taking out the Sparco seats that are in the car now all right we

have the stock seats in the garage I have to say I am super excited to get

these things back in the car after driving with the Sparco seats daily

driving and racing they do get kind of old I'm not gonna lie actually it's only

during the daily driving part when racing I totally love the Sparco seats

they're a lot better than the stock seats although the stock seats are very

good but looking forward to getting these things back in the car first thing

we're going to do is disconnect the battery terminal here in the engine bay

because we are of course working with airbag connections we want to make sure

nothing silly happens there so we're gonna disconnect that battery before we

get started all right starting off with the passenger's seat because this one is

actually a little bit easier than the driver's side because I don't have like

the race harness and things attached to it so this one comes out a little bit

quicker and easier

so just like before when we did the seats it's just four bolts two in the

rear two in the front once we have the two bolts in the rear we're just gonna

slide the seat backwards so we can get the front bolts taken care of and we

have one clip to remove which is the seat belt clip once that's done we can

take it out we also can't forget to move the seat belt buckle from one seat to

the other pretty simple part of the process we'll save the old bolts and put

it back into the Sparco seats because the stock seats have their own so one

thing I have to remember or figure out is where all of these different wires go

that were connected to the seat they were all clipped into the underside of

the stock seats and I'm kind of thinking what I'm gonna do is just connect the

connectors not necessarily connect all of the plastic little clips and things

like these guys here just so when I go to swap in the race seats back at the

beginning of the race season I won't have to deal with on clipping all of

those retaining clips that hold the cables routed in there a particular

place underneath the seat so well throw in the stock seat here connect

everything up and hopefully it won't be too big of a deal

with the seat now in the car and tipped up on its side I could start connecting

the airbag connector the heated seat connector and the seatbelt connector and

then routing the wire looms and the wires underneath the seat not using any

of those retaining Clips so that way it was easier to get out the next time

around all right stock seat number one is

installed not gonna show you guys any video of it the lighting is terrible

with the Sun starting to come in the garage and anyways it's just a stock

seat and we're gonna get ready to pop out the driver's side I'm still kind of

debating if I want to keep my three-point harness installed in the car

for the winter time I might just take it out and leave it attached to the race

seat but we'll get the seat out and then I'll decide once I get to that point so

as I start on the front seat getting the car prepped for winter quote-unquote

bringing my heated seats back into the car and the comfortable seats back into

the car it's like 75 degrees out and sunny and hot and I'm starting to sweat

in the garage working on this thing so

kind of weird switching into winter mode when it's not even winter yet but it

will be soon enough so fortunately with this three-point

harness it has a little clip in the back here but you guys can't see again the

lighting like crappy today with the way the Sun is coming in here but I can

detach it from the pillar in the rear of the car and which kind of allows me to

remove the harness quickly and easily I got the seat belt buckle parts coming

apart here

now I'm thinking we're gonna have some Winter Series events and I can use the

harness with the stock seats just find but I think I'm actually gonna leave it

out and if I do have some races I can just deal without it it's not a huge

deal and it just kind of makes everything

easier going back together when I put the stuff back into the car so we'll put

this seat belt buckle attachments back in out the harness attachments and now I

can just go ahead and remove the normal four bolts two in the rear and two in

the front and take the seat out since the harness is detached the other side

of the harness is bolted to the seat where the seat buckle mounts on the

inside so once it's unbolted from the body we can take it right out

all right seat belt sensor clip where is it

all right that's out all right we ready with the driver's seat higher he swapped

over the seat belt buckle on to the seat and if I remember right there's less

wiring for this guy being that it doesn't have a sensor a weight sensor

for the airbag like the passenger side does so get this thing in there this one

should be quicker

yeah the clips and the connectors are much easier on this side better crowded

over alt all right the stock seats are back in the car I've closed the garage

because it's freaking hot out here I'm not even gonna need my heated seats

probably for a while but we got the Sparco seats on the floor here we're

gonna get these bolted back on to the race simulator rig a little bit later

here we'll check out the stock seats you guys all know what these things look

like nothing special I don't even remember what it's like to sit in these

things so we're gonna get in here and man I actually really miss these seats

they are super comfortable they're super awesome seats and really the only

benefits that the Sparco give you when you have the spark goes in the car the

side bolsters are so much steeper pretty much straight up and down when you're

sitting in the seats and obviously you sit lower they're a little bit lighter

these stock seats still are pretty light at about 40 to 43 pounds apiece but the

biggest benefit with those sparkles is keeping you in place during all of the

transitions and the slaloms and things that you do specifically in autocross

the stock seats as good as they are the bolsters aren't quite big enough down on

your legs and in your hip area to keep you from coming out of it and having to

use your legs as supports against the center console and also the door so

that's the biggest benefit of having the sparkles and they're pretty comfortable

but not as nice as the stock seats from a comfort point of view so one of the

last things I need to check out here with the car after I reconnect my

battery is make sure that all of the airbag warning lights that hover on in

the dash have gone back off and the airbag indicators say that everything is

working properly so I'm going to reattach the battery and then get back

in the car and check it out here so the battery is reattached once again let's

jump back in the car we'll turn the ignition on and see

all right ignition is on shut the door here awesome I don't have any warning

lights on my - and I actually have my gauges on the new digital - let me show

you my digital - down there in the corner which is cycling through the

displays is working again that was not working when I had all of the airbags

unplugged it was a constant warning screen telling me that my airbags were

broken and not working so now I have no messages which is a good thing so that

is all good news previously if I wanted to see my little mini display in the

right corner there I had to hit the back button on my steering wheel and then it

would show up momentarily I could look at all of the gauges and the values and

whatnot but then it would go back to the airbag warning like five or ten seconds

later the other benefit of having my stock seats back in which isn't a huge

deal but when the race seats are in the car the car beeps at you yells at you

for like thirty seconds because the airbags are disconnected so now we have

the safety of the seat airbags back in the car and of course the connectors

that also work in conjunction with the rest of the airbags in the steering

wheel and in the passenger - all right everybody we're gonna wrap this one up

stock seats back in the car unmodified my BRZ just for the winter time though

we'll get the spark array seats here back installed once we get back going

into the race season for the 2018 race year so what's coming up next for the

BRZ of course we're waiting on more parts for my MCS suspension up there on

the bench I showed you the things we've picked up so far I'm still waiting on a

few sets of Springs for the suspension I'm waiting on new rear shock mounts and

I think then we should be able to get that suspension installed get the old

tarmac to is off of there and the MCS in there and I'll hopefully start doing

some testing during some of our winter autocross events here I'm gonna take

these Sparco seats back downstairs hook them up to

race simulator rig so I can do some racing downstairs stay fast out there

everybody I'm checking out will talk to you all next time

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét