Thứ Tư, 20 tháng 2, 2019

Auto news on Youtube Feb 20 2019

PLEASE, LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE and SUBCRIBE my video! Thank you very much!

Really smile to the face of a child in need right Eugene, that's right

Yeah sure beard

You know, I don't know and something tells me we shouldn't stop to

Meet lance strong

So they who were on vacation far far away, oh come on you jeez managed to find each other

Oh we go way back all the way to the orphanage. Yeah Oh

Lance Strongbow if you guys are so tight, where have you been all these years? We're thinking about where I'm headed

Right Stan go with Pete

We don't need a shadow him yeah, I agree

Lance's Eugene's oldest friend. He wouldn't take advantage of that. Well, I don't trust the guy

I don't know what he's up to. But whatever it is. I don't like my friend Lance is not up to anything

You want my help with a job? Well, not a job. I just spent a little time in the clink

What see you on the counter? He's all I got. Yeah, so all details that they're

forgotten

Three years. No

Great story could he used a bit more conflict, but the use of props added a nice touch. I'm Seri, I

Need a friend. Come on Flynn

Eugene all I'm asking is for a little help getting my own, please

Fine. I'll help you

But you have to promise not a word maybe just down the hall from Eugene, right?

Unless do you think there should be close? All right. Yeah, I get it

You're making fun of me if hey with all of this all of what? Oh, I don't know

You know, I don't think so

Up to nothing, I am up to nothing. Oh, okay. Well, in fact, he's probably asleep already

so in answer to your question about what is Lance up to I mean

I think it's funny but Cass is concerned that Lance and you are but sickly

I trust you Eugene, but

Well looks like the end of the line

But strong besides the only reason I had lied to you is because you me named Jessie, and I did call her

Yeah, oldie, I remember no

Milius lying is what we grew up on. It's what we do

Aldo hey, don't call me on Waldo

Besides don't you have a baron you said we'd get him later. It was eight years ago

exactly

No, I don't think the sink wider someone's there

Thanks plants. No, my name is possible

Lance I brought you a snack. I thought you might be hungry. Ah

See, I knew the bunk beds would have been a good idea

Eugene

Hmm what do we have hungry and very thirsty, thank you very much

Oh, I never said anything about them not having fun. I'm just suggesting they're most likely to you that you were wrong

Okay, but when I'm proven right and you're gonna have egg on your wrist you have a milk moustache

Thank you

Wrong with you. You duped me you took advantage of my loyalty. I wouldn't send you

Eugene yeah on Waldo I have to

Are we doing what we do what are wonder what is anyway you will ladies ring?

Eugene where did that ring come from ahead to a mom. So that ring is very special to us

Give that special someone the ring

print man

Oh, that's that's quite a coincidence

And as soon as she sees Rapunzel wearing it she will put two and two together and be furious or heartbroken

I'm not sure how she'll react she will be devastated and no matter how this shakes down

Cassandra is going to have the satisfies. Let me know how that works out for you. I'm sorry. What are you saying?

You have to help me and defy

She'll destroy you actually Yugi

I

I'm sorry

princess

And to you princess about everything

He was only truly. Sorry. I

Guess the right thing for me to do now is to come clean to your mom you what why?

Because I love you Eugene and I will forgive you we're gonna do we are going to sneak the ring back into my mom's room

Rapunzel hidden that may have been how Flynn Ryder would handle this

but I'm Eugene Fitzherbert now and I have I

Appreciate your pal. I understand I do I guess now I just hope that the King won't banish me. So I

Got you something

It's not very anyway. The point is I didn't steal it Oh, Eugene

We found it this morning I

Don't know some people never change. Oh

By the way, do you know a generous donation to the orphanage charity?

Really how much?

Okay

Where did I put that?

You were actually gonna this is amazing there is one piece I'd like to add before me speechless

Well, let's just say after the events of the great gift painting

I have had so many ideas for what a mural decides to look like it's hard. Just make a decision

Okay nurse buck wait, you mean like writer's block? Yeah. You're just having a little

inspiration

That's it. Come on

I

Didn't realize you were talking

Are you an artist I mean I

Got your message, sir. Is anything the matter? I haven't learn ever missed a day of work

Until today, he had appointment sir. Feldspar is fine. I

Mean

That idea just shuttle Findo

I have some very exciting news. We have two news

I can't wait to start learning get painting and I'm here to help okay

Free boy, yeah

What's the matter fuck it's like I want to paint but when I try to

One wants to put their own spin on their subjects, but that can they as you see it, okay

I'll try

It's one of the strongest in the class no offense

That's none taken the work you did today Rapunzel and you shouldn't be to have their own beauty

Once but nothing how does someone just disappear into thin air?

It's not like free Borg is she okay. What am I Borg? Are you here? Hello

For more infomation >> Tangled | Best Cartoon For Children & Kids | Episode 105 - Emily Ford - Duration: 10:01.

-------------------------------------------

Tangled | Best Cartoon For Children & Kids | Episode 106 - Emily Ford - Duration: 10:01.

PLEASE, LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE and SUBCRIBE my video! Thank you very much!

Oh, I guess the good thing is she got you painting again, I mean it looks like

Well, maybe I don't need to put my own spin on everything Eugene

Renard isn't an easy one. Is it mr. Strongbow braun untold riches

That I've given them all a special project to work on together both

What are you doing put it at the wrong spot? You're right I just like

I'm just looking for some missing people and usually when something bad goes down bad

is missing I

Thought I'd be clip

Painted that open

Or has the princess been acting a little off lately hi

Okay, what is going on here your being or not ribbon all that you haven't been yourself lately ever since that storm

You've changed your for you

Listen, listen, I know you had to make

His life a tough call tell you what you difficult choices

But do you know what's going on with Rapunzel

One thing in common Rapunzel's painting

Bring your mouth shut I mean obviously do you want to tell me what's going on? I don't know

She's not what she says use the de manitous device to stop the great storm

we unwittingly free lured the manatees was in a constant battle with Sun - saying is that when we use this device

we may have freed one of those evil spirits and

You are allegiance to sound theory and it will be that I can't

Let her go sugar B

She could be with merely the vessel I chose to stick with a sweet old lady form because I'm kind of missing her already

Eugene humor

It's me

Please

My dear whether or not they fall is completely a think about how much simpler and easier everything

It's good to have you back blondie

It's good to be back. That's fine. I'm not gonna question the creative process. I

Suppose your painters block is gone for good. I sure hope so, but it's

You

Merman welcoming that archway is an important line of defense Rapunzel

better yet, turn the archway into it marks a

pie-eating

We're eating

Next time then

Colons for that archway. I think that idea got some real traction with your dad. I'm sure Dean's ideas

I think he would just say so. Yeah, he's never been shy about calling me mail ignore an idea

He always says I'll take it under advisement

Oh those suggestions

Under this changes everything. I cannot have a father-in-law who doesn't take me

Maybe there are times. You could be a bit more selective about the kinds of things. You think it's fine

I can fix this quick name things your dad likes

Mm-hmm. What's that got to do with my dad's statue? Why is it faced on dad's statue?

I can't imagine any intelligent person finding this always manages to thoroughly embarrass your father

I can hear still don't get it. I'll explain later trevor has been trying to lure me into but I

Must partake. I can't take the gree but how yes?

Equus but your majesty the castle of Equus is impenetrable

You guys talking about me that doesn't sound like a great idea did you know that they have over a thousand guards

By stealing ish. Oh well then let me come with you. I'm pretty

Let's go partner. Wait, I'm sorry. You want to come with me of course as humiliation firsthand? Oh

Yeah

See, id son, of course. It's important and I specifically King. Come on. Let's do this

How'd you put it before tea work?

Okey-dokey, nevermind

So your majesty I've drawn up this map based upon the walls right through the front door

We're not doing that. We're not Eugene as this is the perfect spot to do it

the Northeast

What's so fun about prank a joke, but only the person responsible for it thinks it's funny. Oh, it's basically entertainment for morons

hmm

Unexpected I won't even know what hit him. I can't wait to see the look on his face all is clear

Just follow my lead

First of all, don't tell me what I don't like let's just get this done. Okay, you start cleaning the Spears

I'll work on the sword. Ah

I just polished all up or is it soon to be called Rapunzel?

The Royal Seal

Revenge

It's a seal

Seal not a royal seal to be kidding. You know what you know what?

At this point never mind. What what are you doing leaving a calling card? So Trevor knows it was I who did by me?

None of those things should you paint?

Yeah, let us go

You're the expert what are we going to do now Royal us because it still sounds like it's just me

I asked you to come so that we could get this

Guy's hey

This whole prank was my big chance to get you to take me seriously take you serious

For years

If there's one man enough, can I ask then water Asian?

What you should have done was stayed in your own kingdoms at best. Oh, yeah. Well, I don't think your seals too. Happy there. Oh,

I'll let you go but not until I parade you through town and nothing but a jesters habit of your own defeat

Plus it's mostly sealed. I meant I

Deserve he showed himself to be the more accomplished prankster who is pranks are always more grating than they are

humorously the question is

Are you willing to try it month?

For more infomation >> Tangled | Best Cartoon For Children & Kids | Episode 106 - Emily Ford - Duration: 10:01.

-------------------------------------------

2018 Ford F-250 LED Strobe Warning Lights Install by Wicked Warnings - Duration: 7:36.

For more infomation >> 2018 Ford F-250 LED Strobe Warning Lights Install by Wicked Warnings - Duration: 7:36.

-------------------------------------------

Here's What a $900 Ford Truck Looks Like - Duration: 7:15.

welcome to wacky Wednesday's where everyone has a chance to show off their

car mods and here's this week's winner, hey everybody this is my 1969 Ford f-100

360 cubic inch Ford Fe motor, two barrel carb, 3 speed on the tree, this is a very

solid truck for being 50 years old, paint jobs not the best what do you expect for

a 50 year old vehicle, I bought this truck originally from a place here in

Nashville Tennessee, I bought it for $900 actually has a rebuilt motor and the guy

that owned the auto shop did not want it anymore, didn't want it sitting in his

lot anymore, and he said for me to take it for a thousand, I said well how about

900 and he said go for it and so ended up with the truck, this is a I believe a

Ranger I'm not a hundred percent sure on that part but it is a long wheelbase

short wheelbase are a lot more expensive of course, this has a 15 inch

tire all the way around, four nine inch rear end, a lot of people mistake these

old trucks for hiboys which highboys came a lot taller than this from the

factory, going back to the story about having bought this truck from a mechanic

shop, the guy I originally thought this was his a high school truck that he had

during the mid to late 70s and thought it was his original truck which he said

it was red at the time, and yeah like down here and these little strap holders

and back there in the bed it's kind of hard to see, but yeah this is a very very

structurally sound truck like I said the paint job isn't the best, you know not

really looking forward to sinking a whole lot of money off into this thing

just something that I like to drive around on the weekends and once summer

gets here take to a couple shows and stuff, so

let's take a look at the interior oh and if you notice too, I have two

different mirrors I have the bracket in the back of the truck for that, just

really got to find a mirror, people tell me go to O'Reilly's but I want an original

forward mirror, that's understandable this is the inside, I got the truck with

these speakers in it I really don't like that, but you get to do something with it

yeah that's my that's my speaker, now got a crack here but you know all things you

can expect out of a 50 year old vehicle that's in such a condition it's

been sitting for a while, we've got a Bosch two I believe illuminated tachometer,

and just a Sun Pro old pressure gauge and the dash cluster isn't in the best

of shape, the odometer works 58,000 miles steering wheel is not in the best

condition, carpets fair good or whatever you say, I have no idea what that stain

is over there but I've tried washing it away it's not coming off so I have to

try something a little bit stronger but still easy on the paint,

there's my stock radio, I'm not 100 percent sure this is stock because

I would think it would have an 8 tracks original heat controls, heat works and

I'm not the best but you can't like I said you can't expect much of a

vehicle like this, you know the classic dice, three-speed on the tree, I consider

a modern day anti-theft device most people don't know how to drive a three

speed unless you're 50 years or older I've got a straight piped exhaust system

that sounds sweet, true dual, get back here and

look at the other side of it, yeah True dual, still have

exhaust manifolds on the vehicle, just overall fairly nice truck, now under the

hood I don't know what's going on with this wiring job but is not perfect, lot

of this wiring was like this when I picked up the vehicle, like the tach the

tach has been recently installed you can tell just because of how clean the wires

are compared to the other ones, and that little dinky thing right there was

already on the car but I wish I had the one that actually came on it cuz I

don't like that at all, but one interesting thing here is wires for the

tach we can see it actually come out through one of the master cylinder bolt

holes, everything runs fine, got good oil

pressure, this truck does not miss a lick, and we'll get a good listen of the

exhaust system, like I said straight piped, 16-inch tips, still exhaust

manifolds on it no headers, maybe for a later day, but kind of sounds good as it

is right now, so let's give it a listen it's a great little truck I really enjoy it,

here again you know you can you can see the red still fading through and the

tops not that clean, sat under a tree at the mechanic shop that I bought it from so

it's quite a bit of tree sap on it, it's hard to wash off but I've got most of it

off from when I purchased it, good little weekend truck I really enjoy having this

truck and driving it around, the cops don't enjoy it too much but you know

it's a fun little piece of history I guess you could say, it's is an

original Dearborn plant truck from you know Michigan, so pretty cool about that,

last thing I like say I want to thank Scotty for allowing me to showcase my

truck to you all, really means a lot to me and I want to thank you everybody for watching

this video and especially thanks Scotty and wish everybody a good weekend,

well that was this week's video and to have your car mod shown on my channel

here check this out so if you never want to miss another one

of my new car repair videos, remember to ring that Bell!

For more infomation >> Here's What a $900 Ford Truck Looks Like - Duration: 7:15.

-------------------------------------------

Ford Motor Company Issues Recall For Steering Wheel Coming Off While Driving - Duration: 5:21.

Ford Motor Company has announced the recall of more than one million vehicles in the United

States due to a defect that could cause the steering wheel to become unbolted while the

driver is driving.

It took a long time for them to actually get around to what's amazing to me, they had early

reports, this is bad, this is happening.

What amazes me about these recall stories is when you look behind how long it takes

them to get there.

Most of the time you have several deaths involved, you've got clear testimony, "Yeah, I was driving

my car and the steering wheel thing happened."

They have the investigators look at it, but it'll be years.

Well, it's a money issue, isn't it?

I mean when they recall it's a money issue.

In this particular case this is a Ford and it was basically ... what model was it Farron?

The Lincoln MKZs and the Ford Fusions are the first two.

And we always know it's going to expand, it's going to get bigger, there's going to be other

Ford models, probably GMs, Jeeps, all kinds of things added to it, and it's a bolt.

It's a bolt issue.

Yeah.

This reminds me a lot, and we'll get more into the Ford in a second, but this almost

seems like a carbon copy of the ignition switch recall that we saw, which was one of the most

massive vehicle recalls in modern history, and it was because of a piece in the ignition

switch that cost $2.13 I believe.

And I guarantee you that this bolt issue was probably $2 or less.

Well let me talk to you about a story that we've done a couple times, and that's the

Takata exploding airbag.

This is a similar kind of issue.

What people don't understand ... I started this by saying, why does it take so long?

Here's what happens.

In modern America you have CEOs moving through.

Used to be a CEO would stay with the company could be 20 years, it could be his entire

working career.

They'd come out of MBA school, they'd go to work with this company and there were there

for a long time.

What's happened now is you have this term it's called quick profits and big risk, I

mean it's literally a term that you hear in the vernacular.

And so, big profits and huge risk means this, if you're CEO what you're doing is you're

timing your stay there at that company to maximize your benefits.

You're trying to get your stock interests up, you're trying to get your retirement plan

up, you're trying to do as much as you can with that company, get those numbers up.

Most of the time they're on about a five year, three to five year kind of segment.

So what ends up happening is that person who's in office at that time, who's the CEO of the

company at the time, and this company Takata great example.

Why did they wait so long in the Takata airbag that was blowing up sending shrapnel through

people's brains killing them?

Why did they wait so long on Ford Pinto?

Think about that.

Ford Pinto the gas can was blowing up, they had done a calculation, we can kill this many

people, burn to death in the Ford Pinto, we can kill this many people and at the end of

the process it's going to cost us this many dollars, but we're going to sell this many

cars.

So it's kind of a ghoulish process.

That is the norm for CEOs nowadays.

That is how they approach a case like this.

And that's why we're seeing these recalls sometimes a year, a year and a half after

they should be.

Absolutely.

And you know these models, this goes back, they're starting in 2014.

Right.

So they've been putting these defective parts again into the steering wheels.

There have been at least two reported accidents from this of people's steering wheels while

you're driving down the highway coming unbolted from the actual vehicle itself.

Again, to me a lot like the ignition switch issue where your car you can't do anything,

the steering wheel locks and you're just going down the highway.

Well imagine you're going down the highway and suddenly your steering wheel's in your

hand not in the dashboard, there's nothing you can do.

And to me though the bigger story is how long they know about it, how long it takes them

to act, and all this happening is management is timing themselves.

Can we get out of here in management before this problem found?

We see it in pharmaceutical cases all the time.

A new drug's on the market, it's killing people by the hundreds, the CEO makes his exit to

where he gets all his money, passes it onto the next person.

Well and see that's also probably part of the reason 'cause we know they use the same

parts for dang near every car that they manufacture, that's probably why right now we're only seeing

it in the two vehicles 'cause those are the two that have been reported in the accidents.

Right.

Since nobody has died yet they can push it a little further on the other models.

That's exactly right.

So that one CEO or whoever's in charge right now maximize those profits, then the next

person steering wheel pops off and they die, well time for me to [inaudible 00:05:15] my

golden parachute and I'm out of here.

Cash in on it, yeah.

Cash in on stock profits and get out of there.

Yeah.

For more infomation >> Ford Motor Company Issues Recall For Steering Wheel Coming Off While Driving - Duration: 5:21.

-------------------------------------------

Ford Ranger vs Toyota Tacoma vs Chevy Colorado: 2019 Truck Comparison Test | Edmunds - Duration: 26:55.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

DAN EDMUNDS: For the last several years,

the Toyota Tacoma and Chevrolet Colorado

have dominated the mid-size pickup market.

But we haven't seen a Ford Ranger since 2011.

But now it's back.

JASON KAVANAGH: And we've got all three pickups here today

at the same time, the same place to find out--

where does new Ranger fit in?

ELANA SCHERR: But before we find out,

we need you to subscribe to the channel.

And visit Edmunds for all your truck buying needs.

JASON KAVANAGH: These trucks are all crew cab

4x4 configurations.

We've got a Ford Ranger XLT with the FX4 package, a Chevrolet

Colorado Z71, and a Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road.

Now, these are affordable off-road packages

and not the top-dog offerings.

ELANA SCHERR: You know, I gotta get in here and say,

I like big trucks and I cannot lie.

But I might be willing to be won over to mid-size.

I mean, I get it.

It's a lot more convenient for daily driving,

and hey-- if they can play in the dirt, that's even better.

JASON KAVANAGH: Yeah, and I've got a Le Mans race

car I have to tow, but I live in a city,

so I can't deal with a full-size pickup.

It's just too big.

For me, a mid-size pickup is the only solution.

DAN EDMUNDS: As for me, I go overlanding,

and off-road performance is really important.

I'm willing to put up with a truck that isn't perfect Monday

through Friday if it does what I want on the weekend.

JASON KAVANAGH: You might be wondering,

where's the Honda Ridgeline?

After all, it's our top-ranked mid-size pickup.

The reason why is because it lacks

some of the off-road capability of these other trucks.

For example, it doesn't have a locking differential,

low range, or even some of the ground

clearance of these others.

For those reasons, we parked it for this test.

DAN EDMUNDS: This version of the Tacoma

has been around since 2016.

It's available with a four-cylinder,

or what this truck has-- a 3.5-liter V6.

It's pretty much a 4Runner pickup truck.

JASON KAVANAGH: The Ranger is all-new to North America.

It's been sold in its current form in Australia

and other places for a few years now.

The difference is, we get a unique engine

and transmission-- an EcoBoost four-cylinder

with a 10-speed automatic.

ELANA SCHERR: The current Colorado dates back to 2015.

It's got kind of a big truck energy,

like a shrunken Silverado.

You can get it with a four-cylinder, or a diesel,

or the gasoline V6, which is what we're testing.

All right, I don't mean to make a pun on the Toyota name,

but the inside of the Tacoma is kind of like a toy--

in a good way, like one of those old Playskool cars,

where it's big, chunky plastic controls, big knobs,

and gauges and vents.

It's all really easy to get to, easy to use.

The off-road controls are all up here,

which is fantastic because you don't need them when you're

driving around in the city.

And they're easy to get to and very clear when you're out

in the dirt.

There's a lot of storage in convenient places for both

the driver and the passenger-- very egalitarian in here.

I do wish that maybe instead of 10 cup holders,

they'd had two USB ports-- there's only one.

And there's also no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

It's like, hi-- it's 2019.

If you don't like that stuff, or you

don't care about that stuff, you'll

really like the interior because it's very friendly, very

on-brand for Tacoma.

I feel like Toyota sort of forgot

about the comfort of the passengers in the rear seat

when they designed this.

You sit up really high.

The seats are really flat.

And there's not a whole lot of leg room

and definitely not a lot of headroom.

That might be a little bit because we've

got the optional sunroof.

But as it sits, I certainly wouldn't

want to be off-roading in the back of this.

There's also just not a lot to do back here.

You don't even have an armrest.

As mentioned, you definitely don't have a USB port.

Mm, you've got cup holders though--

six of them.

Where the backseat of the Tacoma really shines though,

is in the usability and flexibility

of its in-cab storage.

I'm going to show you.

There are a couple of different ways

to use the storage back here.

First of all, no matter what you're

doing there's a 60-40 split in the seat,

so you can fold down one and let someone sit in the other.

First is the quick and dirty way--

just fold up the seat bottoms.

Gets you a little more space this way

and access to these bins.

They're connected, so you can put, like, a fishing pole

or something in there.

To fully use the storage back here is a little bit more

complicated, but I think you'll agree it's worth it.

[LATCHING, RATCHETING]

Look at this nice, big, flat shelf.

You can put a lot of stuff here-- tie it down, plenty

of anchors.

Or maybe put a dog bed back here and take your buddy for a ride.

JASON KAVANAGH: The first thing that

jumps out about the Colorado's cabin is the sense of space.

It's a pretty roomy cabin.

The controls are also really well-placed.

You've got big, chunky knobs, well-labeled buttons,

and the infotainment system is really good, too.

It's got Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and four USB ports-- two

in front, two in rear.

And also, it looks like there's a lot of in-cabin storage,

but it's kind of misleading.

For example, this center console bin is huge

and it holds a ton of stuff.

But the downside is, it's kind of just a big hole.

There's no storage organization whatsoever.

And you look at the door pockets--

it looks like you've got three places to store stuff there.

But really, they're small and they're hard plastic,

so if you put anything in them, they're

just going to rattle around and make noise.

So from a functionality standpoint,

the Colorado's cabin is kind of a mixed bag.

Like the front seat, the Colorado's backseat

is pretty wide.

And you could fit three people across back here,

and the person in the middle is not

going to hate you afterward.

When they're not there, the center armrest folds down

and there are two pretty big cup holders here.

Backseat passengers will also appreciate that there's

a 12-volt Power Point.

And did I mention those two USBs?

One thing we noticed is, you've got to be a little bit

careful getting in and out of the back seat

because it's easy to catch your toes.

But on the plus side, you've got a couple of different options

when it comes to in-cab storage.

The backseat is split 60-40.

The seat bottom folds up like this

to reveal some in-cab storage.

Alternatively, you can flip the backrest down,

and that's super easy.

Boom.

The only downside is this stack height is pretty high.

But overall, this is simple and easy.

DAN EDMUNDS: Here in the Ranger, there's

no mistaking you're in a Ford truck.

And it's really spacious, too.

And I like the fact that it's got Apple CarPlay, Android

Auto, and four USB ports.

And the controls are mostly really near at hand

and easy to figure out.

But there are some exceptions-- these HVAC

controls are lookalike, and tiny,

and hard to see in low light.

The four-wheel drive control could use a little hash mark

to tell me which one it's in because I

have to shade it to see if there's a lot of sunlight here.

And this touchscreen needs a shortcut button or two

as you have to do everything on the touchscreen.

As for the storage, there's a couple of cup holders

but not much else.

This armrest is only really good on the driver's side.

The passenger-- they don't get anything.

Overall, the new Ranger feels like a Ford truck, just not

a very new one.

And that's because it really isn't.

Here in the backseat of the Ranger,

things are a little bit tight for me.

My headroom's OK, but my knees are jammed up against the seat

here.

And the rear seat back angle is a little bit vertical-- not

too bad, though.

Rear seat is cushioned well.

But what I really like are there are two USBs back

here and a 110 outlet and a little shelf for a phone.

And there's also a center armrest

that you can fold down to reveal a couple of cup holders.

But let's take a look at the in-cab storage.

You've heard of 60-40 split rear seats.

How about 100-0?

In this truck, you can't have three people in this cab

and carry cargo.

It's all or nothing.

And here it's really kind of lumpy.

I don't think your pet's going to want to lay on this.

This isn't too good.

Let's see what happens when we fold the seat back.

Fold these here and that's as far as it goes.

This is not a package platform.

It's just access for the jack.

I expected more, frankly.

They may have optimized this for the US market,

but they didn't spend much time back here.

For many people, these trucks are a means to an end--

a way to haul their toys out of town for the weekend.

If only we had a dirt bike.

[WHOOSHING, ENGINE REVVING]

Whoa!

Check it out.

Let's get it in the trucks.

The dirt bike fit in all three trucks with no problem.

The differences between them were the tie-downs, features,

and bed construction, rather than the size.

ELANA SCHERR: The Tacoma is the best equipped

in the bed department and it all comes

standard on this trim level.

No need for an expensive spray-in liner here.

Toyota uses a composite bed.

It's molded to include 110 outlet, two storage

compartments, and two-tier loading.

You can throw a couple of 2x6s in the notches,

and then throw a sheet of plywood

across to make a second shelf.

There are plenty of places to strap stuff

down with six tie-downs and four movable cleats.

Other conveniences include a damped locking tailgate, a bed

light, and a step-down bumper.

For me, the best thing about the Tacoma is the lower bedsides.

Look, I can reach the D-rings.

JASON KAVANAGH: The Ranger's bed is pretty basic.

It has six fixed tie-down points,

an optional spray-in bed liner.

But what it doesn't have is two-tiered loading or even

a damped tailgate.

What the Ranger does have that the others don't-- a tailgate

that locks and unlocks with the key fob.

DAN EDMUNDS: There's not a lot to the Chevy's bed.

It's a basic steel box, has pretty tall sides.

It doesn't come with a bed liner unless you

opt for a spray-in one like this truck has.

It's only got four tie-downs even

though you can add more using these optional holes here.

It's got a damped tailgate, and it locks, but with a key.

But the thing I really like is this corner bed step

and the handhold that goes with it.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

ELANA SCHERR: Dan, when we were driving earlier,

you pointed out something to me about Ranger.

DAN EDMUNDS: Oh, yeah--

Ranger.

You can chop letters off and it keeps spelling a word.

Ranger-- range-- rang--

ran-- Ra-- r.

JASON KAVANAGH: Anger.

DAN EDMUNDS: Anger-- take the front one off

and spell something too.

ELANA SCHERR: So, guys--

it's not that common that you get

carsick in the driver's seat--

DAN EDMUNDS: [LAUGHING] Right.

ELANA SCHERR: --but somehow, Ford

has managed to make that possible in this truck.

DAN EDMUNDS: Yeah.

This front end floats around quite a bit.

And there's a little bit of pitch

too-- more than I would have expected.

JASON KAVANAGH: It's not confidence-inspiring

in terms of ride quality.

It just doesn't feel like there's a lot of control.

ELANA SCHERR: No, it's enough that I'm actually a little bit

anxious going around corners.

I mean, it's the kind of handling you'd

expect from, say, a '70s sedan.

DAN EDMUNDS: I feel differently about the handling.

I think this thing goes straight nicely,

and it goes around corners pretty well

unless you hit a bump in the middle of the corner.

But my biggest problem with the handling

is there's no feel through the steering.

In other words, as the tires are loading up, you don't feel it.

So you don't have no confidence.

But it's actually tracked pretty well.

ELANA SCHERR: You don't have no confidence?

DAN EDMUNDS: I have confidence.

Well, maybe I don't.

JASON KAVANAGH: Yeah, I'm with Dan.

The front end-- it feels too soft

and the steering is too numb and too light.

ELANA SCHERR: The engine and trans combo

are the best thing about this truck--

super fun, super fast.

This engine doesn't have the most horsepower, numbers-wise,

but it definitely has the best response,

and it does have the most torque.

DAN EDMUNDS: It has plenty of punch.

And it gets off the line really well.

And the transmission seems to-- hey,

now you're just showing off.

ELANA SCHERR: [LAUGHING] Well, why wouldn't you, because--

DAN EDMUNDS: Right.

ELANA SCHERR: --I agree with you.

It's got-- it's the most fun, in terms of acceleration.

And it also sounds the best, which is sort of a surprise.

JASON KAVANAGH: It's also really quiet, too.

But you're right-- you've got that wall of torque,

which is great for any kind of passing maneuver.

The only thing I'd say is in D, it

tends to favor the higher gears and the revs are too low,

and then it's constantly having to downshift.

But if you put it in S, it transforms that driving

experience.

DAN EDMUNDS: Yeah, I think that makes sense, though.

D for fuel economy and S for having a little fun.

ELANA SCHERR: The seats are adjustable,

but they could use, like, a couple of notches in between

where they are, especially in the angling of the back seat.

I don't feel like it's super comfortable.

DAN EDMUNDS: Well, this is the XLT

with the basic mechanical seats.

There's an upgrade package that will give you

power seats with finer control.

ELANA SCHERR: Oh, that would be nice.

DAN EDMUNDS: And then the Lariat is the same, but with leather.

ELANA SCHERR: Oh yeah, how is it back there?

JASON KAVANAGH: Well, with this seat the way

it is for you, Elana, I've got plenty of leg room.

And even Dan, who's 6'9"--

[LAUGHTER]

ELANA SCHERR: At least.

JASON KAVANAGH: I've got--

I've got knee room right now, so it's not terrible right now.

Dan, is that chair in a spot-- seat

in a spot where you'd be happy on a long trip?

DAN EDMUNDS: Yeah I could be.

I'd probably put it back a little bit more,

but I wouldn't have to.

And by the way, I'm 5'14", OK?

Just for the record.

ELANA SCHERR: That's a lot of math.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

DAN EDMUNDS: The thing that stands out

about this truck to me the most is--

nothing stands out that much.

I mean, it's pretty well-rounded.

I like the way it rides.

I like the way it steers.

It feels pretty civilized.

JASON KAVANAGH: Yeah I agree.

The drive quality, especially, is the most tied-down,

the most sorted of the bunch.

It just feels cooperative and confidence-inspiring.

ELANA SCHERR: You could go and just do

whatever fun thing you wanted to go do in your truck

and not spend any time worrying about any

of the elements of driving to go do that thing.

Or just, like, around town, you know,

running errands, or, like, even date night.

DAN EDMUNDS: Yeah, which is going to be most of the time.

ELANA SCHERR: Yeah, 'cos you go on so many dates.

DAN EDMUNDS: I meant around town running errands--

Home Depot, usually.

JASON KAVANAGH: It's pretty quiet overall.

I mean, you think about road noise, wind noise,

engine noise.

All of these are pretty well suppressed.

ELANA SCHERR: Yeah, it's silent in here.

Like, I'm glad you're not eating snacks

because I would hear every crunch

and I'd be all irritated with you.

DAN EDMUNDS: The seats feel a little bit small

and a little bit firm, but--

JASON KAVANAGH: Well, that works for me, especially.

I'm a narrow guy, pretty slim.

So the seats actually worked in my favor.

DAN EDMUNDS: Well, about three years ago, I

weighed about 40 more pounds than I do now.

And then I thought that seats were tiny and terrible,

but now that I've lost a little weight,

I actually like them better.

JASON KAVANAGH: Now you're in my camp.

All right.

ELANA SCHERR: Bragging skinny guys.

DAN EDMUNDS: Another thing I liked

about the Colorado that goes along with everything else--

just the overall competence-- is the brake pedal.

It feels nice and firm.

You get good response out of it--

easy modulation-- it just feels real natural.

JASON KAVANAGH: Powertrain-wise, we've

got a V6, normally aspirated, and an 8-speed automatic.

Guys, what do you think?

DAN EDMUNDS: I think it's just about right.

I mean, eight seems to be enough gears.

And this engine doesn't have the most torque in the world

but has good power, and I don't find it lacking.

JASON KAVANAGH: And definitely, I think, that Colorado

has the best on-road manners of the bunch.

I'm really curious to see how it stacks up off-road being

that, you're right, it doesn't have a locking differential

or different terrain condition response stability control

settings-- that kind of thing.

So we'll see.

DAN EDMUNDS: The thing that stands out

about the Colorado is nothing stands out very much.

There's nothing here that I don't like.

It's got great steering, handling,

and it goes down the road smoothly.

The damping seems about right over big bumps and small alike.

You know, I could spend a lot of time behind the wheel in this.

No real weak points to speak of.

ELANA SCHERR: Said the driver.

JASON KAVANAGH: Hey-o.

[LAUGHTER]

ELANA SCHERR: I'm just kidding.

DAN EDMUNDS: I could use a new passenger, too.

ELANA SCHERR: That was really mean.

Jay is doing a good job.

JASON KAVANAGH: Yeah, why you gotta bag on me?

I'm just sitting here.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

[CLUNKING]

ELANA SCHERR: Oof.

DAN EDMUNDS: Oh.

Ow.

ELANA SCHERR: You OK?

DAN EDMUNDS: Yeah, what was that?

ELANA SCHERR: That was an attempt

to not be quite so straight up and down,

but I didn't realize that your knees were where they are.

JASON KAVANAGH: All right, out here

on the pavement in the Tacoma--

this feels like the oldest truck here for a number of reasons.

But the one that sticks out the most is the powertrain.

The transmission always seems to be in way too high a gear,

and there's not enough torque down low for the engine

to be able to pull that gear.

So that's the first thing that jumps out to me.

DAN EDMUNDS: Yeah, it keeps changing its mind, you know.

It dithers between one gear and the next

at the slightest provocation.

JASON KAVANAGH: Yeah, it's a modern powertrain,

but it feels like an old powertrain.

The engine's loud.

There's a lot of road noise.

And the steering, too--

it's really slow steering that has, actually, some feel.

DAN EDMUNDS: Yeah, I do like that.

JASON KAVANAGH: But it's also weighted indifferently.

So the steering just kind of doesn't work for me either.

ELANA SCHERR: I hate a steering wheel

that doesn't care about you.

JASON KAVANAGH: Right?

DAN EDMUNDS: It just feels the most

like a truck of any of the--

JASON KAVANAGH: Yeah, this is the "truck-iest", definitely.

DAN EDMUNDS: It's the truck-iest one.

JASON KAVANAGH: Yeah, although I do prefer the ride quality here

to what we had in the Ranger.

ELANA SCHERR: No barfing.

JASON KAVANAGH: A barf-free zone.

Yeah, let's talk driving position too.

The floor in the Tacoma is much closer to your butt

than in the other trucks, so you have this legs-out driving

position.

The greenhouse in the Tacoma also is shorter than the rest

as a consequence of the floor being raised up.

And also, did you guys notice the steering wheel

telescopes, like, maybe an inch, inch and a half?

DAN EDMUNDS: Yeah, I need another inch, inch and a half.

ELANA SCHERR: So the floor's up and that's actually

what gives us all of the--

all the clearance underneath that Dan's

so happy about off-road though, right?

DAN EDMUNDS: Right.

It's a compromise Toyota was willing to make.

JASON KAVANAGH: Yeah, the Tacoma definitely

has more off-road inherent goodness baked in,

so I'm curious to see how that pans out.

ELANA SCHERR: I gotta say, and this sounds sort of mean,

but I almost feel like we've gone back in time

and are doing reviews of all three trucks from like four,

even six years ago.

DAN EDMUNDS: Yeah, this truck was redesigned in 2016.

But its bones date back beyond that.

The Colorado's a fewer years old.

And the Ranger, you know, has been in a similar form

in Australia back to 2011.

So none of them are all-new.

JASON KAVANAGH: To me, the Tacoma

feels like the oldest truck of the bunch,

and there's a number of reasons why.

The steering is another one I'm not crazy about it.

It does have feel, but the weighting

is sort of indifferent and the steering ratio is slow.

So if you're in a parking lot situation,

you're just putting armful after armful of steering input

into this thing.

DAN EDMUNDS: The brake pedal--

JASON KAVANAGH: Oh.

DAN EDMUNDS: --I noticed that it has good braking,

but it's kind of really hard to modulate smoothly.

It's kind of like grabby and inconsistent

as you put on the brakes.

JASON KAVANAGH: In summary, the Tacoma

feels the truck-iest of the bunch, which

can be good and bad.

ELANA SCHERR: There's nothing sophisticated about the Tacoma,

but it does feel like it was designed for something.

I'm gonna find out what that thing is.

DAN EDMUNDS: Yeah, and I feel like whatever it's doing,

it's doing it on purpose.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

JASON KAVANAGH: We just moved from the pavement

in our off-road-oriented trucks on to the first couple

of miles of our trail.

And Elana, what were your impressions?

ELANA SCHERR: Well, all of the trucks made it, no problem.

But they felt very different as you were in the cab.

I think it's probably easiest if I

describe that in a sort of interpretive dance.

So first, the Ford Ranger--

DAN EDMUNDS: Pretty much.

ELANA SCHERR: Like a dolphin.

The Toyota-- sort of jittery, but very stable.

The Colorado-- in between the two.

A lot of up and down, but again, very stable.

JASON KAVANAGH: Dan, what do you think?

DAN EDMUNDS: Well, the Toyota is the only one

with push-button start.

That doesn't sound like an off-road feature,

but there were no keys to the knees--

big difference.

JASON KAVANAGH: Yeah, definitely.

The Tacoma, so far, feels like it's the most capable

and the Ranger--

kind of squishy.

The Colorado is kind of someplace in between.

Well, the more aggressive and harder terrain is yet to come,

so we're going to hit the trail.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

ELANA SCHERR: So, unlike Dan, who does this, sort of,

big, rocky, dirt trail driving for fun,

I usually only end up on this kind of road by accident.

Weet.

Oh.

[GASPS] I have no idea what I'm doing,

and yet, the truck seems to just, kind of, keep going.

I made it all the way up the hill

in 4-High, like, I never had to use 4-Low.

But I'm going to put it into 4-Low for the way down,

partially just so I know how to do it,

and also because then I can use the gearing of the truck

to slow me down, rather than sort of riding the brakes all

the way down.

The thing that's making the Tacoma

so forgiving of my inexperience off road

is that as long as I don't drive it directly

into a ditch or a giant rock, it has enough

articulation that the suspension will move around--

drop into the hole, or whatever--

without bringing the tires up off the ground,

and so I still have traction.

And then I can just drive myself out of a problem.

[RATTLING]

Whoop.

[LAUGHING] Or into a bush.

Maybe I'll start doing like Dan and looking

for these roads on purpose.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

DAN EDMUNDS: This is pretty cool.

The map database knows which trail we're on,

and I'm on a trail that is a black diamond trail.

So far it's not black diamond.

I'm still in high range.

Four-wheel drive, of course.

All right, I think this is where I put it into low range.

Well, let's see how it goes.

[GRINDING]

Uh oh.

I think I'm teetering on two wheels.

All right, let's try putting it in low range now.

It's not doing it.

All right, AdvanceTrac off.

Low range engaged.

Back to drive.

Did that help?

No.

It looks like I'm going to have to lock the rear differential.

So push the rear diff lock button--

and it's locked-- and forward momentum restored.

Straddle the V and go for the rock.

That wasn't much of a frame twist

area that would get that wheel that far off the ground.

That's surprising.

Yeah, looks like we're going to get more of the same up here.

Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo hoo-hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo.

Now, we've got the wheel up in the air.

I want to see this.

Excuse me while I open the door.

[CHIMING]

Oh, yeah.

About six inches.

You know what I didn't like is that somewhere

in there, this thing automatically

shifted from 4-Low to 4-High.

So I came down that section in 4-High,

and I never made that choice.

That's terrible.

I was going too fast.

I wasn't able to use the transmission to slow me down.

If it goes into 4-High, it's because I put it there,

not because the truck did.

Bogus.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

JASON KAVANAGH: I'll go for those bumps on top of him.

Straddle this crack.

Oh, oh, oh.

A little momentum goes a long way sometimes.

That noise you hear is the key bouncing around.

We're just kind of walking over these rocks.

Traction control's grabbing us a little bit,

but it's still going up the hill.

Get my tire on that big, giant boulder in front of us.

Get a little bit of speed going.

There we go.

And it's just doing it.

It's just going up the hill.

All right.

So we're just making our way down in low range still.

It hasn't automatically shifted itself into anything else.

So it's very faithfully responding to my commands.

So even though the Colorado doesn't

have a locking rear differential,

it made it through the spot that the Ranger got stuck in.

Its hood is pretty broad and it can be hard to see over it.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

JASON KAVANAGH: I took the Colorado off-road,

and it did better off-road than I expected.

However, there's something missing from this Colorado.

This thing is the air dam that goes

underneath the front bumper.

If we left it on, we would have tore that thing off

within 10 feet.

If you want to take your Colorado off-road,

you're taking off the air dam.

ELANA SCHERR: I was actually a little bit nervous

about taking my turn behind the wheel.

I actually made Dan give me a little bit of direction.

So we get up to the top, and he's

like, all right, we're done.

Turn around.

I was like, we're still in 4-High.

Aren't we supposed to be in 4-Low?

He's like, you didn't need any of them

because you never even lifted a wheel up.

I'm really ready to go straight up a mountain,

as long as it's in a Tacoma.

DAN EDMUNDS: The trail wasn't even that difficult

and I was lifting wheels off the ground.

The traction control doesn't really

offer any help in low range.

So then I was forced to lock the differential.

And I don't think you should have

to do it on a trail that's pretty much moderate,

not really that difficult. It really needs more.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

ELANA SCHERR: If this was just an off-road test,

we'd have a unanimous winner.

We all loved the Toyota Tacoma on the trail.

It was really good.

JASON KAVANAGH: But this isn't just

a test of off-road ability.

We're looking for the truck that is best on-road

and also has moderate off-road ability.

That decision was unanimous, as well.

The Chevy Colorado is our overall winner.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

DAN EDMUNDS: So where does that leave the Ranger?

After all, that's the question we

wanted to answer when we started this whole test.

Well, it was a split decision, 2 to 1--

Colorado first, Tacoma second, and the Ranger

bringing up the rear.

ELANA SCHERR: We're really happy to see the Ranger

back on the market.

I mean, the more competition, the better.

But for now, out of these three, it's third.

DAN EDMUNDS: I mean, what was up with that, Jay?

It rides like a pogo stick.

It won't stay in low range.

The backseat is just awful--

JASON KAVANAGH: I heard this enough.

I'm done.

DAN EDMUNDS: [GRUNTING]

JASON KAVANAGH: There's a lot more than just this video

if you head to Edmunds.

You'll find pricing, features, ratings, and reviews

on all three of these trucks.

And if you want to see more videos, subscribe.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét