Thứ Sáu, 28 tháng 9, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Sep 29 2018

Stand right here.

Alright, open your eyes.

This could be you, Raul.

What?!

My name is Raul. I'm a senior.

I want to pursue technology in my career

but I also want to be able to mix in my love for music and art.

Hey, Raul. Nice to finally meet you.

My name is Gustavo Celis and I'm a Recording Engineer.

I hear you are into audio and you like making music.

I want to show you what I do. Do you want to come and check it out?

Yeah, that would be awesome.

Awesome, let's go for a ride.

So basically, I make records for a living.

Sometimes I record the song from the beginning,

sometimes I produce it

and most of the time I mix the song.

I really wanted to be in the intersection between technology and art.

Let me ask you, do you know what you want to go to college for?

I'm not sure if I want to study computer science, music or audio production.

I'm kind of trying to take a taste of everything that I love

and see what I really want to do.

Audio Engineering might be the right thing for you.

It involves pretty much both things.

How's being a Latino in the industry you work in?

I mean if you are good at it, they will want you in the band.

It doesn't matter if you are from Africa, India or Venezuela.

It doesn't matter where you're from.

We are going to the studio. I want you to see how it happens

and we are going to have fun.

Yeah, that sounds awesome.

There's one more thing I want to show you.

Do you want to come to take a look?

I want you to close your eyes.

How do you envision yourself in the future?

With family, happy and doing something that I love.

Alright, open your eyes.

What?!

This could be you, Raul.

Producer of the year.

A gold record. That would be dope.

It makes me feel like really really blessed right now,

that people can see that in me. They want to push me to be better

and that really inspires me to be better.

For more infomation >> Nissan Presents: The MentorLift | Episode 2 | An inspiring docuseries about Latinos in tech - Duration: 2:40.

-------------------------------------------

Compare 2018 Nissan Rogue with 2018 Ford Escape | Head to Head | Ford - Duration: 1:00.

Looking at Nissan Rogue?

You should consider the 2018 Ford Escape.

For starters, Escape tows considerably more than Rogue,

more than three times as much.

It has a substantial horsepower advantage, 245 to 170.

And Escape has enhanced active park assist,

which takes the fear out of parallel or perpendicular parking.

Rogue can't do this.

Escape also has intelligent four-wheel drive which gives you enhanced

handling in different driving conditions.

And there's this,

over 96% of all Escape sold in the last ten years are still on the road today.

Better where it matters, that's how you become America's best selling brand.

[MUSIC]

Ford, the most awarded brand for initial quality by JD Power.

For more infomation >> Compare 2018 Nissan Rogue with 2018 Ford Escape | Head to Head | Ford - Duration: 1:00.

-------------------------------------------

Nissan Presents: The MentorLift | Episode 1 | An inspiring docuseries about Latinos in tech - Duration: 2:44.

Open your eyes. You can see your future right there.

Oh My God!

I'm Olga Hernández.

I'm the oldest of three.

I'm a senior at the Ann Richards School.

Going to College, I'm not 100% sure on what I want to major in but

it's going to be something in the engineering field.

I will be the first one to go to college from my whole entire family

and that also has been a goal of mine since I was 5.

Hi! Nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you.

How are you?

Good, thank you!

Well, I'm Soledad Antelada and I heard you are interested in computer science.

Yes, I am, I'm very interested.

I'm a Cybersecurity Engineer. I'm going to be telling you about it.

Yeah, that sounds good to me.

Do you want to go for a ride?

Yes, sure. Let's go!

What has been one of the challenges that you've had

being a female in the engineering field?

First of all, I don't think look like an engineer.

It translates in having to work 3 times more.

Things are going to change for the better.

We are going to see more women in fields like technology.

I see myself growing every day and learning new skills

and that's one of the things I enjoy about engineering.

I think the best advice I'd like to give you is [to] have fun.

Because if you do that you are going to be good.

I would like to share something with you.

Don't open your eyes.

Vamos un poquito más.

How do you see yourself in the future?

Very happy, working and very successful.

Open your eyes. You can see your future right there.

Oh My God!

Ahh!

Thank you!

I feel I can do anything right now. I feel so powerful.

Being up there is just like, it's the… what's the highest you can go?

Anything is possible right now.

For more infomation >> Nissan Presents: The MentorLift | Episode 1 | An inspiring docuseries about Latinos in tech - Duration: 2:44.

-------------------------------------------

Can the 2019 Nissan Altima Edge Out the Top Midsize Sedan Players? | Edmunds - Duration: 7:03.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

DAN FRIO: Maybe you heard sedans are dead.

Nissan doesn't think so.

The company is so bullish on sedans, in fact,

that it's developed two new engines and an all-wheel drive

system for its all new Altima.

The new Altima doesn't look much different

from the previous generation, but it's actually

one inch shorter, one inch wider, the grille is larger,

and they've actually thinned out the headlights

by moving the turn signal just above the fog lights.

It's an aggressive look, it's a bold look,

it might not suit every buyer.

I think it looks cool, especially

given what the car can do.

The Altima has traditionally been and also ran

in a midsize sedan class, but it also

offers excellent value for the money.

We're here to find out if that's still the case.

The new Altima offers two engines.

There's a 2.5 liter four cylinder that comes standard,

but the big news is this 2 liter variable compression

turbocharged engine.

And as the name suggests, the engine

can vary compression ratios depending

on driving conditions.

At higher ratios, it will give you the fuel efficiency

of a four cylinder.

At lower ratios, it will give you

the power and torque of a V6.

And in fact, this motor replaces the outgoing 3.5 liter

V6 in the old Altima.

We actually have this 2 liter turbo engine

in our long-term Infiniti QX50, which

was the first model this engine debuted in.

We haven't had a lot of time with it,

but early impressions are pretty good.

People seem to like it.

The transmission is a CVT, which is a similar transmission

to the last Altima, but Nissan says they've recalibrated it.

Gave it a new torque converter.

Generally it feels better than the CVT in the previous model.

It's snappier, it responds better,

and it's definitely quieter.

One of the things we liked about the last Altima

was its handling, and those characteristics

seem to have carried over to this new model as well.

It handles very nicely.

One of the things we didn't like about the last Altima

was its steering.

Steering in this model notably improved.

Good on center feel, not a lot of play side to side.

Good amount of effort when you take into fast curves.

And seems to be enough effort at low speed in parking lot type

situations.

So overall, Nissan says they had to retune the steering

to accommodate the semi-autonomous steering

function.

Whatever they've done has paid off.

It feels a lot better.

Nissan interiors have traditionally

been a little nicer than the price would suggest.

This Altima is no different.

There's nothing particularly lush in here,

but it is a clean and minimal design.

New for this year is an eight inch touchscreen display

with sharp graphics, large tiles for functions,

and a row of hard buttons at the bottom

here for getting back to the home screen easily.

It also features Apple CarPlay and Android

Auto for the first time.

And I like this detail here, this oyster shell type inlay.

It's plastic, but it looks cool, it gives the cabin

some visual interest, and it reminds me of a drum kit

that Ringo Starr used to play in the Beatles.

One small nitpick in this cabin is this carbon fiber inlay

in the armrest here.

It just doesn't seem to match with the rest of the cabin

design, particularly this inlay or this chrome strip.

It's a minor detail, but when you're paying about $35,000

for a car like this, you don't want

to see things that are necessarily out of place.

These seats are phenomenal.

Nissan touts some NASA inspired design or technology.

Whatever they're doing, it works.

These seats are really comfortable.

The seat backs in particular are soft.

It's almost as if there's a layer of memory foam

back there.

Seat cushions feel the same way.

And for this year, they've increased the bolstering

to better keep you in place during cornering.

Rear seat room is one of those things that can make or break

a mid-sized sedan, and the Altima has plenty of it.

Got plenty of elbow room, leg room,

even room under the seat for my feet.

Even with the center armrest down,

I've got room to spread out.

I'd be plenty comfortable back here on a long road trip.

I could even keep my phone charged,

because the Altima has got two USB ports back here, one

regular and one type C.

Even though this Altima has a clean and minimal

interior design, when you're paying almost $35,000,

which is what this platinum trim costs,

you might expect something a little more visually exciting.

It doesn't blow me away, but it's

not unreasonable for a car in this price bracket either.

Now we're out on the highway, perfect place

to use Nissan's pro pilot assist.

Pro pilot assist is a group of features

that, when taken together, add up to semi-autonomous driving.

Nissan doesn't want to call it that, but that's what it is.

It's basically adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist,

and a certain amount of self-steering.

You can use pro pilot assist as a standard adaptive cruise

control system with lane departure warning.

But one of the cool things about it

is you can press this steering wheel button over here,

and the car will actually steer itself

for a limited amount of time.

It wants you to take the wheel back after about 10 seconds

or so.

It's not self-driving by any means,

but the ability to take your hands off the wheel,

keep your foot off the brake, and let the car drive for you

a little bit is going to really help

you relax on a bad commute.

One of the Altima's notable new features is all wheel drive.

It's the first Nissan sedan to offer power to all four wheels.

Nissan believes that all wheel drive is a feature

that buyers in wet weather areas want,

and lack of all wheel drive is a reason why those buyers often

opt for crossovers instead of a sedan.

This system normally operates in front wheel drive,

but it can send as much as 50% of power to the rear wheels

when extra traction is needed.

The catch?

It's only available with the standard 2.5 liter engine.

Nissan hasn't ruled out offering it for the new 2 liter turbo

if there's demand.

The Altima's standard 2.5 liter engine returns 32 MPG combined.

Add all wheel drive and that drops to 30 MPG.

The 2 liter turbo that were driving now

returns 29 MPG, which is pretty remarkable

given the extra power that you get with the 2 liter.

Makes it well worth the upgrade.

Among mid-sized sedans, the Toyota Camry and the Honda

Accord have long dominated, even with good choices from Hyundai,

Kia, and Chevrolet.

The Nissan Altima has always run somewhere

in the middle of that pack.

It's always offered good value at a price

that's easy to stomach.

We can't wait to get it back to our test track

and see how it compares to its top rivals.

Overall, this Altima represents a vast improvement

over the previous generation.

The steering is crisp, the CVT is quieter and more responsive,

and the 2 liter turbo is a worthy successor

to the outgoing V6.

For buyers who prefer the look and feel of a sedan

rather than a crossover or SUV, this Altima

is a smart and stylish pick.

For more information on the 2019 Nissan Altima,

be sure to check out edmunds.com.

If you like this video, be sure to click Subscribe,

and follow us on Instagram and Facebook.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét