Thứ Năm, 30 tháng 8, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Aug 31 2018

Good morning, Good morning!

I heading to Westfjords, the most beautiful place of Iceland as many people said to me.

and this is the kind of the scenery here.

Fjiords, mountains, glaciers... nothing special, nothing to see.

The road is gravel.... The best gravel road I have ever seen.

100-110 km/h.. Even the BMW's can go in this dirtroad

I met with Inigo and Oli as well just before!

Good eveing, good evening!

So, the time is 22:00....

....and the sun is still there.

I am already in the Westfjords

The ship is named "Gardar" and its the oldest steel ship of Iceland.

And it got landed here since the start of the 80s.

So have a look at this scenery..

We have the Gardar, a fjord with the setting sun, and behind me there is a waterfall.

This country is unbelievable! It's amazingly beautiful.

For sure its totally worth it to visit this place.

There is a way to spent less money than you think.

It's totally worth it for someone to travel here.

I would never expect to eat dinner at 23:00 with sunglasses on!

This is the worst place to camp because the sun will not even set.

It's going to "touch" until the water and then back up again.

So reached Latrabjarg, which is the westernmost point of Iceland, the Westernmost point of Europe and ...

... the most far away point that I am going to be from my homeland, Cyprus, in this trip.

5050km in a straight line.

Here it's a small paradise full with Puffins, the very famous bird of Iceland

They are sitting on the cliffs enjoying the sun.

What a shitty country is this!

There is absolutely nothing to see here.

You don't stop every 3 minutes...

You don't run out of batteries in the cameras.

Nothing!

The truth is that is one of the most beautiful countries I've ever been.

If not the most beautiful, without trying to be unfair for the other places I've been the rest of the counties.

It has everything...

Volcanos? waterfalls? hot springs? valleys? Mountainous areas? dirt roads? excellent asphalt?

I don't know what other example to give. if you are thinking to come, stop thinking...

get a ticket and just come

The dinner is getting ready.

I am feeding my self with these in Iceland, I bought everything from Germany before I come.

It says that it's for 2 people, but i think, it's not even half portion.

Let's say it's one portion, but not for me.

So today, there is a double portion because....

..... Because thats what I like... I am hungry!

According to these I am going to eat 4 portions!

Pasta with 4 cheeses.

I am definitely very "gourmet" guy. Can't be more than that!

So the people that suggested the Westfjords, were proven to be very true.

It's definitely beautiful, maybe the most beautiful of the country, but not the most touristy.

because its a bit remote. it's away from the Golden road that goes around Iceland

and there are a lot of gravel roads, but it is amazingly beautiful.

You ride along the fjord, and it some places you climb some mountain-passes over the highlands.

I thing by the footage you were able to see, can explain a tiny bit about the beauty of this country.

Martin is still behind...

He was tired about 2 days ago and then I continued because he wanted to check in a campsite.

since then we travel alone... We met again at some point but he wanted to visit some POIs

Now it must be about 200km away...

But it doesn't matter because tomorrow he will be ahaind of me.. because I am going to a place that

he told me we wasn't interested to go.

so we might meet after that

Good morning!

8th day in Iceland.

and there is some rain outside.

So this is the situation out here.

I will start packing slowly slowly... and hit the road

I had a very nice sleep I have to admit.

Despite being only 1 degree last night.

By the way... How do you sleep in Iceland when it's 1 degree and never gets dark?

the answer is this...

I am in Djupavic, and this is the smallest community of Iceland, about 53 people live here.

The village started to loose a lot of people after the fish factory that was here, closed down.

Now a part of the factory is transformed to an art gallery.

I am making a small stop here because, I am heading to the end of this peninsula.

The weather is really bad today, there are lots of winds, and the bad gravel road makes it even harder.

Good evening! it's 12 o clock at night.

and today I met with Martin once again.

and probably we are going to continue together until the end, because we share the same route now.

We fount this amazing place to pitch our tents.

We are too close to the road.

I guess it's forbidden to camp here, but we decided to risk it because its midnight

On the foot of those mountains is Akureyri, the second largest city of iceland, after Reykjavik.

look at this... where do I start getting photos of this place?

Not only riding the bike is hard, even trying to walk is hard!

For more infomation >> Ep 77 - Iceland (part2) - Motorcycle Trip Around Europe - Honda Transalp 700 - Duration: 15:48.

-------------------------------------------

CR-V TVCM「OPEN MIND VEHICLE」篇 - Duration: 1:01.

Work hard.

Play hard.

Grow up.

Stay young.

Be old school.

Or live in the now.

So which is it?

Why choose...when you can have both?

If you have an open mind...

...nothing is off limits.

Honda CR-V

Now if you'll excuse us, we'll be on our way.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét