Hello and welcome to ZipperDetailing
Today I'm going, probably over a few days,
to do a complete detailing job of my Volvo.
It was at the time, because the car has now more than 20 years
and has probably never seen a good detailing job.
First am I going to wash the car, which I have shown you already at least a 100 times.
So I'm showing you this in a time lapse.
After that am I going to polish the car...
...to put a ceramic coating on it at the end.
I will show you now the condition of the car before the washing stage.
At the end, after the cleaning, I'm showing you the real paint condition.
So, the car has been completely washed.
I will clean between the doors
with a steamer,
so that the car is really completely clean
and than I will begin polishing.
The car is now completely clean
the job with the steamer is also done.
Now we can see the paint condition.
Here you can see the bonnet,
there a lot of swirls in it.
But no deep scratches,
of course some stone chips,
but this is normal for a bonnet I would say
and some burnt in waterspots.
All in all, I would say that the paint is still good for its age.
Here too
nothing that bad.
Swirls like always!
On the wheel arches also a lot of swirls
It is no question that the car needs a good polish.
And because of all this swirls the car
has some sort of bloom,
I hope to get rid of all this at the end.
I would say that I will prepare my material so that we can begin.
Like you can see
has the paint turned out to be much better, with just one step.
Still some work to do.
You can still see all the little scratches. I will give it a second round
and than we will see the result.
Second day.
Yesterday in the evening
I polished some testspots on the car
to see how it turns out and how to continue the work.
The result is very satisfying.
I will show you, I just need the lamp,
where is it? Ah there you are!
We will see if the mobilephone cam can catch it.
Here you can se the condition
of the paint.
Here it is already much better.
There are still some holograms, which I will polish out at the end.
I still haven't work in the last details.
But, you can see a clear difference, especially in the gloss.
There is... a clear difference!
I will continue with the rest of the bonnet.
We will see how it turns out.
The bonnet is complete,
it has become very glossy again
and now to the wheel arche.
I polished in the upper part with my
little
Proxxon.
To see how the result turns out.
I'm satisfied so far.
Now I will do the lower par.
Let's go!
Another day finished!
Sadly I only managed to finish the right side. Why?
I was heavily occupied
this afternoon!
With the lettering of the boot.
The previous owner had the superb idea, to polish them black.
It looked horrible,
So I ordered some new lettering.
To get them of was not a problem
but after
to get rid of the glue
and the rubber who where holding them...
That was a pain in the ass. I will show you how it looks now.
That is how it was,
black!
And now,
chrome again.
The same here with
the Volvo logo,
which was also completely black.
Which is in chrome too now.
This pleases me much better.
I mean, it is better, because it is OEM again.
The other wasn't beautiful! It didn't fit the car.
The rest is for tomorrow.
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét