Thứ Tư, 29 tháng 11, 2017

Auto news on Youtube Nov 29 2017

I'm here in Germany with the new Audi A8. This car will drive itself completely

using Traffic Jam Pilot. This is such new technology that not everybody can drive

a car like this, you have to be qualified because it is still kind of experimental.

However, it's this close to production. Christopher Demerol is an engineer with

Audi and he's going to be doing the driving to just try to put my nerves at

rest and show me that this is possible. We'll go and see.

This is the first car to achieve level 3 autonomy, or at least Audi claims it does and there's no

reason to doubt the claims so far. It uses sonar and radar and a camera and

LIDAR as well which actually creates a scanned image of what's all around.

There are four different types of sensors shooting out all over the place at any

given time so that the car knows exactly what's on the road around it.

Then normally this is where I curse and I say a bad word. Yeah, but if you want to, just press this button.

Hang on, what are you doing here? Nothing.

Where are your feet?

My feet are here, just below the seat, my hands on my lap.

We can just turn on and watch a movie. Watch a movie.

Yeah, or a video clip.

You got any decent movies?

Have you seen this one? That's really funny.

Alright. Well hang on a second, I've gotta look at out the window at the traffic.

Oh, you can see this too right? Yes, of course. I don't have to look at the traffic.

So we're going at 50 kilometres an hour right now. You haven't touched anything yet.

No, nothing. I'm not even looking.

This is distracted driving for me now because I can't help but check that your feet aren't doing

anything or anything she's going on. I could try to put them off. Okay.

Christopher this has been amazing but you know what I'll still prefer to have

a nice open road rather than the traffic jam. I don't need to watch more movies

there's none of those all right. And this is the Autobahn right? That's right.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét