Thứ Hai, 9 tháng 4, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Apr 9 2018

Modified Porsche LMP1 breaks Hamilton's Spa F1 record

Porsches 919 Hybrid LMP1 car has broken the unofficial lap record of the Spa-Francorchamps circuit, setting a time quicker than Lewis Hamiltons pole lap in last years Formula 1 race.

Former FIA World Endurance champion Neel Jani was at the wheel of the modified 919 Hybrid Evo on Monday to record a lap of 1m41. 770s around the Belgian Grand Prix venue.

That compares to Hamiltons 2017 F1 pole time of 1m42. 553s, which was hitherto the fastest lap around Spa in its current 7004km (4.

Porsche is embarking on a World Tour with its now-retired LMP1 car this year following its withdrawal from the WECs top division, and has made numerous changes to the 919 in a bid to demonstrate what the car is capable of free of its usual restrictions.

This additional success is the result of the LMP teams hard work and a proud day for the engineers, said Porsche LMP1 boss Andreas Seidl. One can only congratulate Neel and the entire crew for achieving it.

All six 2017 LMP1 drivers contributed to the project. It was our target to show the Porsche 919 Hybrids abilities when we ease the restrictions that came from the WEC regulations..

Porsche 919 Hybrid Evo, Porsche Team: Andre Lotterer, Neel Jani, Timo Bernhard Photo by: Porsche.

Among the changes made to the 919 Evo are an enlarged front diffuser and rear wing, the addition of DRS at the front and rear, and considerably more power, with Jani reaching a top speed of 359km/h (223mph) thanks to the 20-litre V4 engine being tuned to produce around 720bhp - compared to the 500bhp it had previously due to LMP1 fuel flow regulations.

Want motorsport news in your inbox? Sign up for our newsletters!. The hybrid system has also been tweaked to deliver an additional 40bhp compared to the 2017 version.

The 919 Evo is brutally impressive, commented Jani. It is definitely the fastest car I ever drove. The grip level is at a fully new dimension for me, I couldnt imagine this amount beforehand.

The speed on which everything happens on a single lap with the 919 Evo is that fast that the demand on reaction speed is very different to what I was used to in the WEC.

We are not only faster than the F1 pole from 2017. Todays lap was 12 seconds faster compared to our WEC pole position from last year!.

We have had three very intense days at Spa. Today I knew on the very first lap in the morning that the cars performance was super.

The race engineers did a great job setting up the car and the Michelin tyres are sensational..

The 919 Evo will next been seen in action in the run-up to the Nurburgring 24 Hours in May, with further runs planned at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in July, at Brands Hatch in September and at Laguna Seca in October.

For more infomation >> Modified Porsche LMP1 breaks Hamilton's Spa F1 record - Duration: 2:39.

-------------------------------------------

The new PORSCHE GT2RS is INSANE! Exhaust sound & Autobahn drive! - Duration: 15:15.

Hi guys, I'm on my way to a good friend Sebastian

he's a good friend of mine

he picked up his brand new GT2RS a few days ago

he called me and wanted to know if I wanted to have a look at it

of course I said yes and the weather is just perfect today

I really don't wanna miss that opportunity

therefore we'll visit him now and check out the car. I'm really excited about that

this is really a car that I couldn't wait for

and to see it in person

he sent me a video already where I could check out the sound, but I will see it in person right now

okay we finally arrived!

and behind me is the GT2RS!

next to my GT3

awesome car

indeed

it really looks

mega mega

especially in white and black with yellow

yellow calipers

yellow interior, let me check that out

yellow ornamental seams

yellow seatbelts

very beautiful spec

this car also has the option "Weissach Package", but it's the small one right?

this is Sebastian by the way

he is very happy as you can see

because he picked up the car three or four days ago?

two days!

two days ago, so it really is brand new

I checked out the sound already and I can tell you

it's overblown

just let me start the car and you can listen to it

before we drive it

okay Sebastian

let's go! Start the engine please!

it's so loud right?

it is very very loud!

I didn't expect that from this car!

especially the base noise that comes from the car

it really goes into your head

the lift-system makes a cool sound too

because it is new?

no, it's a newer version of the lift

ah I see

it's even better and faster than the old one

let me turn down the window to listen to the car

that crackling noise that comes from the rear, wow!

when we drive a little faster then you can hear that it backfires in the exhaust

it's awesome!

it's so much fun!

Sebastian also drives the same GT3 like ours

in black

please tell me the difference to this car. You have driven it a short time

but is it a big difference?

in comparison to the GT3?

yes!

car pretty much feels the same while driving

the handling is almost the same

but it is so powerful!

It's insane! I haven't pushed full throttle yet, but still you can feel the power

No matter which gear you have endless power

The GT3 needs high RPM for power

it needs more than 5,000rpm for power

but this car has the turbocharger

and in this car the turbocharger kicks in at 2,000rpm

700HP right?

yes

700HP

and 750Nm of torque is what really matters

this is what pushes you into the seat

it's incredible

I really like the interior! You did a good job speccing this car!

with the yellow details everywhere

like the Weissach letters here

you said you took the small Weissach Package. What's the difference between the small and the big Weissach Package?

the small Weissach Package does not come with the titanium roll cage.

the titanium rollcage has that typical grey color

and it is bolted

So I picked the small Weissach package with Clubsport package. Then it comes with the black roll cage made of steel which is welded

and then it is FIA-certified

so you can participate in races with the car and you can also extend the roll cage to the front

I think most people didn't know that

I didn't know that either

so if you take the small Weissach Package there is no roll cage

but when you also pick the Clubsport package then it comes with this rollcage

So the roll-cage is not welded on the big Weissach Package?

no, it is just bolted

and this is why it is not certified for the racetrack

okay, I see

but it doesn't make sense right?

it's for more stability

yes but you can pick it without

because titanium is lighter than steel

yes of course, it's lighter

Last but not least, there are many details that you don't see at first

a GT2RS has too many options to choose from

GT3 had only a few options

right, there was not much to spec

for example, home link or cup holder

OMG now we are on the Autobahn!

I don't need a cup holder on the racetrack...

let's close the windows so we can hear the car better

wow

yes, you were right it is so freakin loud!

can I try this?

okay you can't hear much of a difference

I think the exhaust valves open at 4,000rpm

wow it's so loud! That noise here is insane

there is another Porsche Turbo

Claus is behind us with the GT3

no matter what gear, it accelerates so hard!

you can clearly hear the turbocharger working

it has 1.2bar boost pressure

that is mega

Usually you find such a high pressure at AGP, a high-end tuned Golf 7

I mean, 700HP turbocharged is unbelievable

yes and it's so much fun!

how long do you need to drive it without full throttle?

how many kilometers? 2000, 3000?

Porsche Motorsport says you should drive it 2,000km without higher speeds and with less than 5,000rpm

so when you have reached 2,000km then let us drive again!

maybe I can drive it then?

yes, okay!

then we can do some serious accelerations

that's the disadvantage of having a new car. You cannot fully enjoy it at first

wow, you really get pushed into the seats

Awesome!

are you okay?

sorry?

another run?

yes!

as long as I don't scream I'm okay!

my hair is all over the place

that acceleration is so hard! Especially as a passenger that feels even worse

I know how the GT3 accelerates, but in this car especially at lower RPMs, wow!

and it was only up to 5,000rpm, maybe 5,500rpm

Insane!

it's like a rocket launch

that takes off

most people forget that, but to accelerate like this the tires have to be warm

that is very important. Also on the GT3

if the tires are cold and you accelerate it goes sideways immediately (on semi slicks)

if you step on the gas here it starts sliding

but anyway, it sticks to the road like glue

like a...

it stands on the road like

like a flounder

the satnav is bigger now

let me show you the back of the interior with the roll cage

I also like that Porsche logo here

that would be cool in mine as well

everything with Alcantara leather which is very nice!

Yes everything, even the sun visor

oh yes that is made of Alcantara too

headliner too

ornamental seams right here

and we have those belt door openers

some weight saving stuff everywhere

here we have the Weissach badge

very very nice!

Claus can't catch up!

it's good that I haven't eaten yet

Rollercoaster!

All I can say is that this car is awesome!

it is absolutely awesome!

I've never been a big fan of turbocharged engines

me neither

that car is so crazy

the thing is: if you drive a Porsche Turbo S, it is nice to drive, good handling

but the experience, the feeling and the sound doesn't make you happy

that is something that I was always missing on that car

but this car gives you so much more

this is something that the GT2RS can do really good. Awesome!

very cool!

okay that's it

that's it?

That's it!

Thank you!

I have to say thank you!

you are welcome!

we'll meet again soon!

yes

I hope you will have the car above 2,000km then

yes probably! I could push the car a little bit, which was okay

yes it was pretty amazing

for the very first kilometers that was good!

next time there will be another nice video

yes, next time I'll drive the car by myself and we can make another video of it

at the next car meet we will meet again where I come with my R8 RWS

and you with the GT2RS

that's going to be cool!

thank you very much Sebastian!

Bye!

bye bye!

something I wanted to show you

the hood is made of carbon fiber which is very light!

that is something that I've noticed when I opened it

Same on the GT3RS: The Porsche logo is a sticker!

that saves even more weight like 0,000001%

Sebastian also showed me this:

you can fill in here distilled water

and that water is sprayed on the intercooler

this is where you get more power from

that is very interesting to know, because it is the very first time that I see this car

and

it's not bad what the car has to offer

let me see the rear

wow

air intakes here

insane

how is it even possible to have the car here so dirty?

look at that!

I drove 500km in two days!

crazy!

insane!

this is a sticker too

of course

here we have the carbon fiber wing with the

Porsche letters which are also stickers

okay, please don't forget to subscribe to my channel

and I can recommend to check out my instagram account: sophiacalate

I post a lot of (live) stories there and it is always up to date

see you next time. Bye!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét