Thứ Năm, 19 tháng 4, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Apr 20 2018

So the last time that we put this the Hyundai grand i10 up against the Maruti

Suzuki it came out on top that time it was facing the Maruti Suzuki Ignis and

now it's going up against the all-new Maruti Suzuki Swift which let's face it

is basically a rehastic missright I mean we are even comparing the same diesel

manual variants so not expecting the results to be any different. Hold on! hold

on! It is the Swift you're talking about. Don't discounted that easily I mean it

hasn't been a best-seller for all these years for no reason man. Fair enough fair

enough you got me. Umm which one would you pick?

okay let's do this let's break it down into simple sections starting with the way it look

alright and on that count I think it's the Swift that wins fair and square man

I mean it looks younger, it's got more modern elements, LED projector headlamps,

15 inch wheels that are bigger, you see that door handle on the c-pillar

LED tail lamp revolutionary. Just look at this it's supposed to be the older car

here but look how clean that design is. Boring! come on! It is showing its age man

and not to mention the Swift is bigger in every measurable way it's longer, it's

wider and it's taller. Nice reading of the spec sheet but does that translate

to actual cabin space on the inside where it matters. You know what let's

take that out

so Tuushar here has made the classic mistake of thinking it's a swift so it

won't have space at the back and that is exactly where he is wrong see if you go

by the number this will have the wider cabin area so it is better that's

sitting three people and it's got the same amount of headroom as the van

you're going too much by the numbers in the real world it's the grand attender

delivers the richer experience and that's because this has got the cushier

rear seats, have also got more knee room on paper since you like that so much and

since I've got the white a glass area the window line isn't as tall, I've got a

beige black dual-tone interior it even feels area and I'll confirm sure it's not

as wide up the rear for three occupants but that's hardly too comfortable

instead of having some person who's going to annoy me at the rear I'd rather

have rear AC vents and 12-volt power socket and the grand keeps scoring on

feature

To starters it's the quality over here I mean these door pads I currently the

harmonium with them like I can in the Swift and then there are the features I

have got a smart key with push button start up. got it!

steering moderate audio or telephony controls, leather steering. got it!

Auto AC. got it! driver seat, height adjuster. got it! touchscreen, infotainment system

with Android, auto apple carplay and mirrorlink but i know i know you got

that too but in terms of usability this one's got the superior UI and it doesn't

glare under direct sunlight like it does in the Swift but the Swift has SD card

based navigation. How do you use that last win! Okay so i'll give you that the

quality granted is better in the grand i10

but here's one bit where you can't hit back. Safety! what I've got developer bags

and abs with the what works missing. The ABS is only on this model, it's only on

the asta so you did read the brochure. I read

brochures very well my man Isofix child seat mounts they're missing all together

in the grand i10 so dual airbags, abs and isofix are standard across the range on

the Swift. Not really helping your case in Hyundai. You know what let's let's

forget about quality, let's forget about the features let me show you the real

reason to buy a swift and that should shut you up

You see this this is where the Swift will reward you when you are sitting in

the driver seat, you bring it to a nice set of twisty roads and it just gives

you so much confidence to pick corner after corner no the steering it's nice

and flowy, the suspension setup it's just right and

you know that suspension that up also gives it better highway manners it's

more stable and you know that chassis is capable right and finally that's that

1.3 liter engine yes it's old. It's the national diesel but it's it packs that top and

punch because even you know the grand i10, it just hits a wall after 3500 up

here so what I'm saying is if you want to have fun, you buy the Swift. Case closed.

All right I'll concur with a lot of points over there you are right it is

the more fun to drive car from the two but let's be honest how many people in

this segment are looking for something that's fun hood you're the exception you

know the rule there are people are not going to deny that I'd want that too but

for everyday usability that's what's important in this segment, that's what's

important in these cars and that is where the grand i10 scores.

All right we're in the grand i10 now and I'm going to explain my point to you with a simple

example so we're in second gear now I'm going to drop down to about 20

kilometers an hour that's 20 so the logical step would be what down up

to stay in the same gear. What I'm gonna do is shift up to third and when I

do that no protest a slight little judder but then I put my foot on the

throttle and it's lifting, it's accelerating not just giving me enough

talk to keep sustaining at the same speed. You try the same thing in the

Swift we did that and what happened it shuddered and juddered like there is no

tomorrow so that turbo lag issue off that 1.3

litre mgd it's still there so that aside is just about the

drivability of the grand i10 it just makes so much more sense in everyday

condition and you combine that with this gear box the lever offers you such nice

and slick and snappy gear changes it's just an absolute joy to use and finally

the ride quality at low speeds you take bad roads and rough patches and bad

bumps in the grand i10, it behaves better than the Swift does. Okay I'll give you

that I'll give you that it is easy to drive

inside the city, I'll give you that the low-speed ride quality is better

because high speeds bet on the Swift okay but here's here's my counter

argument you say it's easy to drive in the city

you know what would have made it even easier and automatic that the Swift

diesel get spot the grand i10 does it and the engine yes it's it's tractable

yes it pulls cleanly but it is a three cylinder you hear it in it it's so it's

so why me that that's only it start up you know what how do we settle this?

I think I have an idea. All right let's try it out. All right

shall we try a solution. Okay. it's truth be told there's no way for us to give

you an outright landslide winner in this case. It's a simple case of different

strokes for different folks. The grand i10 with it's most supple

low-speed ride the ease of driving in the city and the kind of premium quality

you get it makes for a nice and simple humble family car. On the other hand, if

it's fun and excitement that you're looking for it is the Swift you have to

go for no questions asked even if you do a lot of highway trips not only because

it's more stable or it's more fun but it's also more fuel efficient and in my

books the Swift gets an edge purely because it gets safety kit as standard

and that is a big miss in the grand i10. Okay I think that's a good note to end

this video on exactly and if you want a calm composed city commuter you're

probably better off getting the grand i10 and if you want something with that

X Factor and attitude it'll have to be the Swift. So which category do you fall

in, which one will you pick, let us know in the comments section below. As always

Thanks for watching if you haven't already, subscribed to Zigwheels.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét