- Well, well, well, dad,
look who's all grown up.
Not me!
Today, I'm driving the Kia Stinger and telling you about it!
It's the New Car Show!
Bom-bom-bah!
(sexy dance music)
I am no stranger to the Stinger.
I rode in one, both at New York Fashion Week,
because I'm a model,
and SEMA, because I'm a car guy.
This thing moves!
- Woo!
- So when Kia paid us to actually drive one,
at one of their Stinger experiences,
I jumped at the chance.
I like driving cars that belong to other people.
Sue me.
Don't sue me.
(giggles)
After I totally impressed slash showed up
everyone at the autocross course,
(laughs)
I was like, yo, can I take one of these home with me?
To my surprise they said alright, yeah sure.
So I've been driving around town
and here is what I think about it.
I can already see the comments.
Nice Kia commercial, sell out!
Pumphrey is a who...
Now I am gonna be very honest
about our relationship with Kia.
We have done work for them before.
They have paid us for that work.
They did not pay us to make this video.
They gave us a car and asked us to give you
our honest opinion and that's what I'm gonna do.
Ya still don't believe me?
(beep)
It's not a commercial.
There's a bunch of people out there that
no matter how good this car is, they're gonna say
yeah well it's still a Kia.
I know it's a Kia but think about this,
when Japanese companies first started exporting cars
to America, people were wary of them too.
And now, a Toyota Landcruiser starts
at 85,000 dollars and nobody bats an eye.
It's Kia saying yo, South Korea knows what's up.
First, she's a good looking car,
from the back and the sides especially.
When you see it in the parking lot,
you're like all right, all right,
all right, all right, all right.
I definitely looked over my shoulder a couple times
when I was doing the do-do.
Oh, do-do, (giggles) damn!
The front end and the hood, not my favorite.
Bart really likes it but Bart also wears t-shirts
with fake tuxedos on the front.
It's got these fake hood vents
that I just like, don't understand.
I think the whole thing would look a lot better without it.
Other than that, I really do think it looks pretty good.
The wheels should be an inch bigger.
They should throw some D's on that bi...
(hip hop music)
Now, the interior.
The interior is where this car really shines.
(sexy music)
Sitting in the Stinger makes you feel
like you have your (beep) together.
Everything is so nice that for a brief moment
I was distracted from my stressful-ass life
and my lifelong search for my missing father.
I didn't think about any of those
when I was in this nice car
because it's got seat coolers.
♪ Now my butt is hot ♪
♪ Now my butt is cool ♪
♪ Now my butt is cool ♪
And I could charge my phone without pluggin' it in.
It's comfy, it's quiet, it feels solid
like a well trained Saint Bernard.
And the stereo?
Friggin' bumps.
(techno music)
The Stinger is fast.
Not Dodge Demon fast, obviously.
But for sure Audi fast.
(car engine revving)
(laughs)
What's up Kia?
It's got a twin turbo V6 and enough power
to plant your noggin into the headrest.
Ohh!
Our Stinger came with the optional all-wheel drive
and I was more than impressed with how well
it pulls you out of the corners.
It makes you feel like you're a good driver
which is not a way that I always feel.
What gear am I in?
Our stinger had paddle shifters
and if you wanted to have fun, all you had to do
was drop a gear.
(engine revs)
Now Kia and all the magazines say
that the Stinger is a direct competitor
for the BMW 4 series.
But honestly, I think it's more directly competitive
with the 5 series because the Stinger is big.
It's almost 16 feet long.
But compared to 2018
BMW 540i xDrive,
the Kia has more power and is faster.
And if you wanna get cooled seats,
♪ My butt's so cool ♪
In the BMW, you gotta buy like
20,000 dollars worth of options.
You could buy like, a pretty nice MKIV Supra
for that much money and daily your Stinger.
This car is a friggin' bargain.
When you think about it like that,
this car is a friggin' steal!
52,000 dollars, this thing is a steal.
The only thing you don't get for that price is the badge.
The reason the Kia performs and looks like a German car
is because it was designed in Germany.
It got its looks from Peter Schreyer,
a former Audi designer who penned the TT.
The best looking car ever.
But the secret behind the Stinger's awesome driving feel
is a guy named Albert Biermann.
Who is Albert Biermann, are you kidding me?
Well, before Kia he spent about 30 years at BMW
and was the vice president of engineering
of the M division.
Anyway,
I really like the Stinger.
At first, I thought that it might be a misstep
to put all of this effort and technology into a sedan,
a segment that is shrinking across the board.
I thought it would make more sense to take this
awesome engine and fancy interior stuff
and put it into some sort of luxury SUV,
which I'm sure they will at some point.
But the brands that Kia is gunning for,
the BMWs,
the Audis,
they build the best sedans in the world.
I mean, what's more iconic the M3 and RS4
or the X blank and Q
whatever S.
If Kia can build one to rival those guys,
then yo, that's a big success.
The Stinger is Kia showin' up to the playground
and being like, yo, Audi, BMW, what's up?
No, I can't dunk yet, but I have amazing fundamentals.
Not a commercial. (beep)
Thanks for watching New Car Show.
Click the subscribe button, the more subs we get,
the more cool stuff we get to do with you guys.
Thank you so much for supporting us.
Go follow me on Instagram @JamesPumphrey.
Follow Donut on Instagram @donutmedia.
Check out this video where I drove the Dodge Demon.
Ha, jealous?
You wanna know what twin turbo actually means?
Check out this episode of Science Garage
where Bart breaks it down for yas.
I love you.
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét