Chủ Nhật, 29 tháng 4, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Apr 30 2018

it's time for show-off Sunday, where everyone has a chance to show off their

own car, and here's this week's winner, hey everybody my name is Eric Knight

this is my 2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning, I found this car back in July

of 2011 in Tacoma Washington, and I was stationed there in the air force at the

time and I was able to get it for a great price, of course it had some

cosmetic issues and the wrong wheels and things, but I was able to find those parts

later

but that helped get the price down, the engine had 77,000 miles on it, it

was all stock and that's a big deal when you're looking for one of these, you want

to find one that's all stock, they were produced from 1999 to 2004, this is a 2nd

gen

Lightning, it had new body panels, they were only

available as a single cab with a flare

side bed, the Ford SVT and Roush helped to do a lot of modifications to the

engine to be able to get to handle all the power the supercharger is putting

out, it actually had the A4R100 automatic transmission and they got that

out of a Ford Super Duty pickup, because that was the only thing that could

handle all the torque and the power without blowing up manual transmissions

that was really cool up, of it's time the Ford Lightning held the Guinness Book of

World Records, it was the world's fastest production pickup truck, so that was

another really cool thing about these, my lightning is a 2001 model and that year

had some pretty big changes for the truck, the changes were, they had a lower

intake was redesigned, the air inlet size was increased, power increased to 380

horsepower and 415 foot pounds of torque, the 3.55 axle ratio is upgraded to a

3.73 ratio axle, the driveshaft size increased from three and a half inches

to four and a half inches, six thousand three hundred eighty-one lightnings were

produced in 2001, 1908 of them being black

I was lucky to get the black, because they were the most of that year and

black can be challenging, as far as upgrades that I've done on this pickup

truck, really I kept the engine completely stock as you can see, which is

a big deal I think sometimes when people put too much pulleys and parts on these

trucks they have tendency to have issues, I did have the K&N air filter put in, I

was able to have all four of the wheels restored and as I mentioned before these

grille pieces were found and redone, this one here is very

inexpensive, the part of the bottom is extremely hard to find and

cost up to $400, luckily I was able to find one on Craigslist in Tampa Florida

and my uncle picked it up for me, inside is still all stock, I have been able to

change out the steering wheel with a much better one, I upgraded to a double

din system, just to get it up to the 21st century, it has bluetooth I highly recommend

if anybody's to do this, get one with the car play or Android play, it pretty

much turns your phone onto your screen you can use GPS, Ford called this

preferred suede trim, it's pretty neat you know that's all lightning special, I

brought some Lightning mats and I just did you know generic upgrades and I fix

things and I restore trim pieces

I do recommend, I put this undercover system on here, they are very lightweight

they're very tough, and like any pickup truck you want to be able to have a way

to put your stuff in the back and not have it get stolen, so you can lock this

and I have a reverse camera for safety, helped bring the insurance down too

I did have a tune done a few years ago, 560 foot-pounds

at the rear wheels she's got 361

horsepower and 449 foot pounds of torque,

another real cool thing about this truck is that this sound never gets old

another really good upgrade I did this truck was I upgraded the brake system

and a big thing, I got some nice drilled and slotted rotors, and I had the

red new calipers and some special high-performance brake pads put in

really helps stop this truck and being as fast it is and as light as the rear

end is, that is a big time advantage, as far as driving this truck it's my daily

driver, I Drive it in everyday just about, I still love it, I've had it for all these

years now, I did

upgrade the suspension, I did upgrade the brakes, that's great but I'm telling you the

number one thing that's great about this truck is

hearing that supercharger whine, again I'd like to thank the Scotty Kilmer

channel and everyone for watching my video, hope to see you all soon, thank you

again, well that was this week's video, and

remember to have your car video highlighted here on my channel, check

this out,

so if you never want to miss another one of my new car repair videos, remember

to ring that Bell!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét