Hey Guys,
So in this video I'm going to show you how to stream your PC's Desktop audio and video
using ANY version of windows to your Smart TV using VLC.
One of my future video post will be how to watch MKV video Links from the Chrome Browser.
Yes MKV videos from a browser with a DIY html playlist script with continuous looping that
can be Cast to one or more Chromecast simultaneously or streamed to any streaming Device or Smart
TV using VLC.
So if you interested in knowing how to do this then subscribe to be notified when I
post.
Created by Vectorpocket - Freepik.com
You will need:
the Smart IPTV App VLC
The Screen Capturer Recorder software I'm using an older version 0.10.1.
and IF Stereo Mix is not already installed on your PC.
the Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs
Stereo Mix was already installed on my windows 10 desktop it just needed to be enabled but
I did have to install these codecs on my windows 7 PC.
The reason I installed the stereo mix codecs is for better sound quality compared to the
virtual-audio-capturer that installs with the Screen Capturer Recorder software.
Now...The secret to getting the VLC desktop stream setup to work is drum roll please you
need two versions of VLC.
You need a current version and an older version which still allows audio and video desktop
streaming that's the secret guys.
Two versions.
I will link in the description box below all the mentioned softwares.
I will also link the older vlc.exe version that I'm using which currently allows VLC
desktop streaming.
You can use any current version of VLC for your day-to-day usage.
Please note you can only have one version of VLC installed on your PC but the second
older version of vlc will be sharing the same preference
settings so any update to preferences will be reflected on the old vlc.exe and your currently
installed version of vlc.
You can copy the older vlc folders onto your PC drive, NAS or Flashdrive.
I have placed the older vlc version on a flashdrive and NAS to allow me to
easily stream any PC on my network by sharing that older vlc.exe file.
You now need to create then add an M3U file to your Smart IPTV App containing the IP address
of the PC you will be streaming.The IPConfig command will show your PC's IP.
You can have multiple PC IP addresses in that m3u file.
I will have a m3U sample file in the description box below and a link to my video showing the
Smart IPTV App setup.
So once you have the Screen Capturer Recorder software installed you will be able to access
it from VLC.
The Steps are:
First Create a shortcut pointing to the older vlc.exe file and Open it.
Click on Help Then About and check that the version is 2.1.5.
NEXT
1)Select Media >>> Stream >>>The Capture Device Tab >> Capture Mode should be Direct Show
2)Select Video Device Name as screen-capture-recorder 3)Select Audio Device Name as Stereo Mix
4)Select The Stream Button 5)Select New Destination HTTP
6)Select The ADD Button 7)The default port is 8080 but you can change
it if this port is already in use on your PC
8)You can name the path anything you wish but The source and target stream information
needs match.
I've named my path forward slash /TheGeez001 9)Select NEXT
10)For Profile Select Video H.264 + MP3 11)And Finally Select STREAM
Check that the bottom left counter is incrementing.
Now minimize VLC and Go to the VLC App on your phone to verify the stream.
1)Select Network Stream 2)Enter http://your pc's ipaddress:Your selected
PortNumber/Your selected PathName forward slash
3)Press Open Network Stream
Since I'm recording on this same pc you will see the mirroring effect.
I'm going to demo streaming with a different PC's desktop.
If you are having issues connecting check that you don't have multiple VLC.exe's running
from Task Manager at this time.
If you do kill them all and re-do the stream or you may have some other application using
port 8080.
You can run netstat -a -n -o | find "8080" to check and if it is.
Select a different port if necessary.
**VERTICAL LINE
Now go to the Smart IPTV App on your TV and select your uploaded M3U file then navigate
to your PC's ip link and Viola.
Please note this streaming setup is not for gaming or things of that nature because there
is a lag.
If you are having buffering issues it is possible to create a custom stream reducing your streams
resolution.
I will link those details in the description box below.
So once you are done streaming you can close the Old Vlc.exe version.
I differentiate between the two VLC versions by giving them different DeskTop Shortcut
names.
For example you can call the old vlc.exe shortcut something like "FOR DESKTOP STREAMING ONLY".
Now One of my future video post will be how to watch M3U files on ANY Streaming Device
even if you don't have an IPTV App or USB port using your DLNA App.
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét