Thứ Sáu, 23 tháng 2, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Feb 23 2018

Small city cars are cute but considered „for girls".

Is the new Ford Fiesta a decent daily driver or sth more?

Here are 10 things you must know about it.

1. there's not much space and this is coming from me, 160 cm tall person.

I have no problem finding the correct driving position

But operating the chair buttons can result in a chipped manicure

There's one of my lip balms here – and I can't reach it.

2. central console is well-planned

there's space for my phone, 2 cup holders. Basically, space for all the necessities.

3. Finally, Sync3! I mentioned how usueless Sync2 was many times, and this is the new one, good one.

Best part? You can say an address and the car understands.

More about it in my Sync3 review – link in the description.

4. there's also a rear view camera. The display is big, there're also proximity sensors, so maneuvers aren't a problem.

I drive many cars and maneuver them, but Fiesta was really good. This is thanks not only to the camera, but also...

An excellent steering, my point number 5.

Usually, city cars drive so-so, but Fiesta also comes as a sporty version and I suppose this is why the steering is so good.

It's fast, it's agile, and the steering ratio is better than in many sports cars.

About the steering ratio: it says how many degrees one does have to turn the steering wheel

to make the wheels turn one degree.

The less the better, because you don't have to turn the steering wheel so much when maneuvering.

In Ford Fiesta, the steering ratio is similar to BMW M3.

Speaking of manuevering - Fiesta comes with Park Assist system, no. 6 on my list.

I appreciate the fact Fiesta is equipped with one

But even though I don't like parking cars in general

I can do it so much better than the system

Park Assist is to make life easier for people who don't feel confident parking

Recording this bit took 4 attempts, and the result...

7. The gearbox. I really don't know why it's designed like this.

Six gears and reverse – OK, but why do I have to use the ring on the gear lever?

When putting the car in reverse with a ring, I'd go left-up, but no, it's right-down here.

What are the odds of anyone mixing up 6th gear with reverse?

8. So, how does that drive? Really good.

Fiesta, as I mentioned previously, is really agile, great in the city.

6 gears and active cruise control make it a good choice for longer trips, too.

Suspension is on the stiff side

Great for fast turns, not so much on bumpy roads.

But – number 9 – it's not fuel efficient at all.

Especially if you compare the fuel consumption to what Ford is promising.

Ford says it's 4,3 litres / 100 km mixed cycle, but realistically, expect around 8 litres.

Slightly less if you drive on highways, slightly more if you're stuck in city traffic.

It's not enormous, I know, but were I to buy a Fiesta because it's supposed to be fuel efficient,

I'd feel cheated.

10. The boot. It's 292 litres

It used to be considered big, but with the new VW Polo, not so much anymore.

But the tailgate works like this. Hey, free fitness!

And yes, it might be a problem with this one car – or it might not.

And since Ford gave me this car to test, the tailgate problem isn't considered a problem at all.

So what's the most important thing in a car?

Steering, comfort, low fuel consumption, or maybe sth else?

This a question each of us has to find an answer on their own

If the car is to be enjoyed.

Don't forget to rate my video – give it a thumb up if you liked it. Press the bell button to stay up to date with all my videos.

New shopping tutorials every Monday, car reviews and tutorials every Thursday, same time. Thanks and see you soon!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét