Thứ Năm, 22 tháng 2, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Feb 22 2018

The day I fell in love with this job was the day I was born.

I grew up with trucks. They have ruled my life since I was a child.

It's very difficult driving such a big vehicle through heavy traffic.

You have to keep your eyes everywhere.

It would be helpful to have another hundred eyes.

If we have a system that could actually help out the driver

or take over the driving task for a part of that journey,

I think that could be a real benefit.

We are developing supporting solutions for the driver.

We are developing solutions that will be able to take over tasks from the driver

as well as solutions to have self-driving trucks.

For us, it's important that all of these solutions

are within the frame of automation.

Why automation?

Automation will improve productivity and road safety.

It will optimise traffic management, route planning, less wear and tear.

It will help us to get more energy-efficient solutions.

It will be less start-and-stop acceleration.

And with solutions like platooning,

we will be able to decrease the fuel consumption.

Automation is not about killing jobs.

There will be still be a need for skilled drivers in the future.

As the world population continues to grow, so does the need for transport.

Automation is about making things more efficient.

Many drivers will see their role change or develop,

while others will continue just as usual.

We can see in more complex driving situations,

the driver makes judgement calls and the system does not,

so we will need the driver and their knowledge for a long time,

and today we focus a lot

on how to support the driver in different situations.

I think automation is around us all of the time.

When it comes to driving trucks,

it would be nice for a truck to be able to drive on its own

on a long-haul distance.

I would be able to fix my delivery notes or just take my rest time

where the truck was able to drive itself,

so I could get home earlier.

We've been running tests for years,

collecting and analysing a huge amount of data,

covering every scenario we could think of.

In a virtual environment it's safe to test difficult driving situations

without any risks for the driver or the vehicle,

so it's a really good opportunity for us to test new systems

and also visualise new concepts before we build them physically.

I feel I'm part of something big.

I have never been driven by technology development as such

but rather what it could be used for

and how we could enhance and make a better environment for the driver.

I'm not frightened when I look into the future.

Without us truck drivers,

the goods won't be delivered where they have to be.

We are a big part of the transport chain.

For more infomation >> Volvo Trucks - Automation – Driving into the future - Duration: 3:47.

-------------------------------------------

New Volvo V60 - Bilbloggen.dk - Duration: 1:56.

This is the brand new Volvo V60.

It's Volvo's popular mid-range station car.

The new generation does not have much in common with its predecessor.

The design is brand new and if I have to say it, incredibly nice.

The car has several common features with the Volvo 90-series.

The new V60 shares platform with its larger siblings, XC60, XC90, S90 and V90.

That means that we are likely to expect a high level of security and more space from the V60.

The engine lineup will consist of two gasoline variants, two diesel variants and two plug-in hybrid variants.

The two plug-in hybrid variants will provide 340 and 390 horsepower respectively.

Volvo promises that the new V60 will be one of the safest cars on the road.

They will do this by including a number of security systems as standard equipment.

This includes an advanced emergency brake that allegedly recognizes pedestrians, cyclists and larger animals.

In addition, Volvo also promises that this system can mitigate or prevent partially inevitable collisions.

Other systems include a partially autonomous system that helps with steering, breaking and acceleration up to 130 km/h.

A form of advanced adaptive cruise control.

Other Volvo cars already have this system, but it has been updated to work better in turns.

The V60 also offers systems that help to prevent driving in the ditch or into oncoming traffic.

The exterior is not the only thing that has strong connections with Volvo's other models.

Also the interior of the car is characterized by the same details as seen elsewhere in Volvo's product portfolio.

The most obvious is perhaps the large, vertical touchscreen in the center console, powered by Volvo's infotainment software "Sensus".

In addition to having its own features, the system is also compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

That's all for now - head over to Bilbloggen.dk to read more about the new Volvo V60.

For more infomation >> New Volvo V60 - Bilbloggen.dk - Duration: 1:56.

-------------------------------------------

Ein Jahrhundert voller Innovationen – Die Geschichte von Volvo seit 1927 - Duration: 7:01.

For more infomation >> Ein Jahrhundert voller Innovationen – Die Geschichte von Volvo seit 1927 - Duration: 7:01.

-------------------------------------------

2019 Volvo V60 Volvo's restyled compact wagon is finally here New video - Duration: 10:13.

For more infomation >> 2019 Volvo V60 Volvo's restyled compact wagon is finally here New video - Duration: 10:13.

-------------------------------------------

2019 Volvo V60 is your new lustworthy plug in wagon New video - Duration: 10:20.

2019 Volvo V60 is your new lustworthy plug in wagon New video

For more infomation >> 2019 Volvo V60 is your new lustworthy plug in wagon New video - Duration: 10:20.

-------------------------------------------

Volvo Trucks - Automation – The driver's role - Duration: 0:51.

Automation is not about killing jobs.

There will be still be a need for skilled drivers in the future.

As the world population continues to grow, so does the need for transport.

Automation is about making things more efficient.

Many drivers will see their role change or develop,

while others will continue just as usual.

We can see in more complex driving situations,

the driver makes judgement calls and the system does not,

so we will need the driver and their knowledge for a long time,

and today we focus a lot

on how to support the driver in different situations.

For more infomation >> Volvo Trucks - Automation – The driver's role - Duration: 0:51.

-------------------------------------------

Volvo Trucks - Automation – The big change - Duration: 4:01.

We have three main challenges going forward.

People will live more and more in the cities,

which will lead to congestion, pollution,

and the need for transport will be even higher than today.

Second is road safety, and finally climate change.

I really believe that automation will be one of the main contributors

to solving the challenges we face.

What is automation?

The first thing people think of is a self-driving truck,

but that is not necessarily the case.

We are developing solutions for the driver.

We are developing solutions that will be able to take over tasks from the driver,

as well as solutions to have self-driving trucks.

For us, it's important that all of these solutions

are within the frame of automation.

As a cognitive scientist, I want to understand

how the driver takes on this complex task.

We are running several automation projects today,

spanning from the deepest mine, transport on highways

to a garbage truck in the city.

For us, it's important that as many as possible gain from this technology,

and not only the companies and industries

but also individual citizens and the drivers driving our trucks.

We've been running tests for years,

collecting and analysing a huge amount of data,

covering every scenario we could think of.

We will never release anything that we do not trust.

So when you meet our automated trucks on the road, I want you to feel safe.

We have come up with dozens of innovations,

but it is sometimes the craziest idea that will be the most successful.

Whatever we develop must serve a purpose

for the drivers, our customers and society.

It would be so much easier if I wasn't constantly running from place to place,

and that's what I feel I'm doing.

Whenever I'm in a meeting, I have one eye on the clock.

I'm adding an extra 20 minutes for traffic,

just in case I don't make it back for that school run and my child is left.

So that's a very real worry.

Transportation is really the lifeblood, the pulse,

for business and the people,

and I believe that in the near future

we will start to see self-driving trucks on our roads

transporting goods and starting to become a part of our society.

I foresee that different hubs, it can be a city to another city,

will be connected and we will have autonomous vehicles

most probably in dedicated lanes at nighttime.

In the city centres, in urban areas, we will have smaller, quiet vehicles,

and through that we will create a future transport ecosystem

where everything will be connected.

It's exciting to know that that sort of technology is on the horizon,

that we are going to have driverless safer vehicles,

we're going to have cleaner, more efficient vehicles.

What does it take to trust the next step in technology?

I think we need faith.

We're having drones. We have far more automated machinery.

We're going to start seeing that sort of innovation in all sorts of areas.

So I think we just need to be brave enough to accept the next step.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét