Thứ Sáu, 2 tháng 2, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Feb 2 2018

Hey YouTube, Chris here Open Roader channel.

So, today I'm going to be replacing

the grommet on the bottom of my seat

now this is an issue that so many of these Scouts have.

This grommet tears when you take the seat on and off I did this,

Tore this the very first time I took the seat off the bike and I've patched it

together multiple times I kind of just get it to fit back underneath the

rivet here, it's got a plastic rivet which I bought. Here is the here's the

part number they're ordered that from Indian and then here is the grommet for

the seat and the part number or the number part number. So I bought two of

them and two rivets just to be on the safe side because who knows this is

gonna happen again so yeah these things just seem to tear out and it sucks so

we're gonna try and

get this thing out of there

you know that's just terrible it's terrible design really

and this little rivets what's supposed to keep it on there but that tears and

then the whole thing goes to shit so we got to get this rivet out of there

I want to break it off of the seat so I'm gonna try drilling it

here we go

okay fairly simple

right that nicely installed in there

centered on the hole

you need a pop rivet gun

pop rivet gun, see if we got the right size

bingo

it's hard to tell if we're grabbing, oh, I think we are

I think we're gonna have to do it a different way here

well that's definitely working just pulled thecenter shaft it's on there

Make sure I'm not going to have something sticking up in my pecker (penis)

definitely on there pretty good I think we'll just leave it at that

nice, there you go

so, that's how you install a new grommet

and when you remove these from the bike it's really best to reach around

underneath the seat kind of put your fingers around the grommet when you pull

the seat up just pulling the seat tears this thing out so what I've been doing

with them with the torn one for the last year is putting my fingers underneath

the seat onto the grommet this way and pulling the whole seat and grommet

together and that really protects it so I'll be doing that with the new one and

just in case I got spares thanks for tuning in

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét