Thứ Sáu, 2 tháng 2, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Feb 2 2018

My name is David Morgan. I'm in the Department of Religious Studies at Duke.

I was trained as an art historian but for many years I've been most interested

in understanding how images work within religious settings. This new book is

about religion and images but it focuses on a third category that I have found

very interesting and that is the idea of enchantment. Many people think about

modernity in rational terms as if things like religion and magic and enchantment

are phenomena of the past. In fact, enchantment, and religion for that matter,

are alive and well and I've been very interested in understanding what role

images play, in religion, but in this book I'm focusing on the role of images in

making enchantment happen in everyday life. For me this takes two directions.

First of all, how images act on us to enchant us, to motivate us, inspire us,

terrify us, seduce us. And in a sense in the opposite direction, how we use images

to act on the world. These two strategies, these two functions of images are quite

powerful. And the more you start looking for it in everyday life, in the world of

art and the worlds of religion, the more you see it. In the first instance, I'm

interested in images as agents: what they do to us. So, for instance, there are

things like devices we carry to protect us. A very common one is called the Hamsa,

which is in the shape of a hand, that people hold to protect them from the

evil eye. On the other side, I'm also interested in how people understand

action on images to affect the world. And we see this very commonly for instance

in the way people destroy images. There's been

a wave of that across the American south in the last year in anxiety and

violence and destruction directed towards say images of Robert E. Lee or

soldiers from the Civil War. There the belief is that if one destroys the

object or removes it from sight, one can affect broader social change. There's

some rational thinking to that, certainly. But it's also a kind of magical thinking.

It's a form of enchantment that by destroying certain images we have an

effect on the world around us. The psychology, the history, the religious

ideas, the desire that goes into these kinds of visual operations of

enchantment is what has occupied me in this book.

For more infomation >> David Morgan: "Images at Work: The Material Culture of Enchantment" - Duration: 3:20.

-------------------------------------------

Matt Jeneroux asks the Liberals when they will get the Kinder Morgan Pipeline built - Duration: 1:35.

[Matt Jeneroux] Mr. Speaker, since the minister mentions what the PM said when in Edmonton,

today on CBC Radio One Edmonton, in response to what actions a PM could take to get the

Kinder Morgan built, this was his response verbatim, "Ah, you know, well, uh, it's

still, uh, early on [on] this, and, uh, we're still, uh, we're still moving forward the

way we always planned".

What does that even mean?

Is that leadership?

When will the Prime Minister stand up to the B.C. NDP and get this project built?

[Speaker] The Honourable Minister for Natural Resources

[Jim Carr Minister of Natural Resources] Mr. Speaker, what the Prime Minister said was,

"we're going to get that pipeline built."

The reason he said that, as he has said from the very first days that this government took

office, is that the environment and the economy go hand in hand.

We are creating jobs for British Columbians, for Albertans, and for all Canadians.

We are expanding our export markets.

We are working with indigenous people.

The environment, indigenous partnerships, and jobs are the three pillars that drive

the policy of this government.

That pipeline will be built.

For more infomation >> Matt Jeneroux asks the Liberals when they will get the Kinder Morgan Pipeline built - Duration: 1:35.

-------------------------------------------

Slenderman stabbing Morgan Geyser sentenced to mental institution - Duration: 0:35.

For more infomation >> Slenderman stabbing Morgan Geyser sentenced to mental institution - Duration: 0:35.

-------------------------------------------

ERIAC HR Forum 2018 Jacob Morgan - Duration: 1:11.

Hi everyone Jacob Morgan here, best selling author, speaker and futurist.

And I am very excited to be joining all of you in Monterrey, in Mexico at the World HR

Forum in 2018 in just a couple of months.

I'm going to be talking a lot about employee experience and why it's so crucial for the

future of work.

We keep hearing a lot about technology and automation and all sorts of crazy things that

are happening in the world of work, but for me, I think that the most important thing

organizations need to be focusing on, over the coming years, is this idea of employee

experience, of trying to figure out how do we attract and retain top talent even in this

crazy technology AI driven world that we keep hearing about.

I'm going to be talking a lot more about this, sharing some research, some case studies.

Of course I'll also be talking about ROI and sharing research from a brand new book

– The employee experience advantage – where I looked at 252 companies around the world

to figure out how do we create an organization where employees actually want, not really

need, to show up to work.

So I do hope you have a chance to join me at the World HR Forum 2018 and make sure to

come and say hello to me after the session.

I look forward to meeting all of you

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét