- What gives me credibility in offering ideas,
workshops, strategies for strengthening resilience?
(uplifting music)
I began life as a poor farm kid
with a dad who had post-traumatic stress disorder
from the Second World War,
so I experienced some physical abuse, emotional abuse,
I believed I was stupid, I failed grade seven,
and then I dropped out of high school.
But interestingly enough, I started to discover
through a very healthy marriage the wonder of me
and had a master's degree in clinical psychology
by the time I was 40, so I'm an older woman
who has had a lot of life experience.
And now, we have a daughter we adopted
who has got disabilities,
I've lived through my daughter-in-law dying of cancer
and looking after her many days,
a son who's got divorced,
just, life, prostate cancer with my husband,
a number of issues as well as supporting clients
through their ups and downs of their life.
Often at the most painful moments, I have clients
coming to me, so when I go on the stage
I have a deep background, but I deliver my message
in a fun, light, and insightful manner.
(uplifting music)
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét